daisyman

What's really wrong with Halo???

Ahhh this thread again..

Do people honestly do not understand the general idea what is wrong with halo already?

Did you read Ghidorah14's comments?

Too many quotes to bother replying to. Oh, and a -1 rep. for having an opinion.

Ugh.

I don't mind if you don't reply to my post but please read it carefully and try to understand the points I present to you. If you have any questions, you can always PM me. :)

Oh boo hoo a single person downvoted you.  Instead of trying to "reply" to the quotes, why don't you just reread them and try to soak them in and understand the points being presented.

I've heard it all before. "this breaks the game! it's not fun! this isnt real halo!" To that I say, play the playlists with out the new stuff, go play Halo 3, or just play something else. It's one thing if people are like "well I prefer this playstyle, and it needs more support" but most are like "THIS DOES NOT BELONG IN HALO. IT SHOULD BE REMOVED BECAUSE I DONT LIKE IT!"

Frankly, I dont think Halo fans know how good they have it. Ever play any of the Gears of War MP? Two words: Gnasher Shotgun. That gun IS the game. I'm not even kidding. Not only is it OP as Hell (think boltshot without the charge up and semi automatic) but Epic games ENCOURAGED it to be the only gun people used. True story.

You guys havent seen "broken."

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 6

Oh boo hoo a single person downvoted you.

Dude he has a point. It looks like the same asshole is just downvoting all of his posts.

It's childish and embarrassing to the community.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Dude he has a point. It looks like the same asshole is just downvoting all of his posts.

It's childish and embarrassing to the community.

ehhh.  It's a bit overblown to say that downvoting a comment is "embarrassing to the community".  We are online, and there are always going to be people who abuse the system anonymously.

I play TF2 on the 360. Halo merely adopted the brokeness. WE were born in it. [/bane]

"Frankly, I dont think Halo fans know how good they have it. Ever play any of the Gears of War MP? Two words: Gnasher Shotgun. That gun IS the game. I'm not even kidding. Not only is it OP as Hell (think boltshot without the charge up and semi automatic) but Epic games ENCOURAGED it to be the only gun people used. True story."

With your previously established logic, this statement means nothing and you should just adapt. Think about the casuals.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I play TF2 on the 360. Halo merely adopted the brokeness. WE were born in it. [/bane]

"Frankly, I dont think Halo fans know how good they have it. Ever play any of the Gears of War MP? Two words: Gnasher Shotgun. That gun IS the game. I'm not even kidding. Not only is it OP as Hell (think boltshot without the charge up and semi automatic) but Epic games ENCOURAGED it to be the only gun people used. True story."

With your previously established logic, this statement means nothing and you should just adapt. Think about the casuals.

I dont think you realize how bad it is for Gears. It's not a "me" thing. It's an "everyone" thing.

With Judgement, it seems the new developer tried to even things out for the MP, but Gears fans seems to hate Judgement anyway, so...

AAs, odrnance, and sprint didnt drive me away from Halo, but gnasers did for Gears. All I'm saying.

I've heard it all before. "this breaks the game! it's not fun! this isnt real halo!" To that I say, play the playlists with out the new stuff, go play Halo 3, or just play something else. It's one thing if people are like "well I prefer this playstyle, and it needs more support" but most are like "THIS DOES NOT BELONG IN HALO. IT SHOULD BE REMOVED BECAUSE I DONT LIKE IT!"

Frankly, I dont think Halo fans know how good they have it. Ever play any of the Gears of War MP? Two words: Gnasher Shotgun. That gun IS the game. I'm not even kidding. Not only is it OP as Hell (think boltshot without the charge up and semi automatic) but Epic games ENCOURAGED it to be the only gun people used. True story.

Somehow your argument goes along the lines "It may be a terrible Halo game, but its better than other terrible games!"

Sorry, but that's just dumb. When the previous Halo's had better matchmaking experiences, then there really isn't an excuse for why it has started to get worse. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

I dont think you realize how bad it is for Gears. It's not a "me" thing. It's an "everyone" thing.

so is the shit we are talking about.  For the millionth time- look at the population

AAs, odrnance, and sprint didnt drive me away from Halo, but gnasers did for Gears. All I'm saying.

woohoo anecdotal evidence from one player.  I can find some random person who loves the current gears if I wanted to.

• Upvote (+1) 1

If you guys think GoW has bad weapon balancing you should see Forza - that game doesn't have any guns at all.

BROKEN!

• Upvote (+1) 4

Somehow your argument goes along the lines "It may be a terrible Halo game, but its better than other terrible games!"

Sorry, but that's just dumb. When the previous Halo's had better matchmaking experiences, then there really isn't an excuse for why it has started to get worse. 

That was not the point at all. I was merely pointing out how people complain about balance all the time when really, it's incredibly well balanced compared to other games.

Halo 4 isnt less terrible because there are worse games (I <3 Gears btw). It's less terrible because it's been updated and fixed since release.

And yeah, that's never a good sign when your game needs adjusting months into it's lifespan, but I am confident Halo 5 will be much better considering how far 343 has gone to try and fix H4.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

oh no he didn't just bring up gears...

almost all the maps in GOW3 were ruined because of rifles.

you ever play blood drive? yeah it went from being one of my (aswell as many other) favorite GOW2 map to being a complete goddamn campfest because instead of moving around the map it was better camp at spawn and wait instead.

sure you could argue that stopping power and such were responsible for that and not the rifles themselves but theres no question that maps like overpass/drydock/depths would have been dramatically better if it were gnashers instead.

the gnasher utilizes the cover/movement in the GOW series better than any other weapon by far, in fact I would argue thats its even better than the CE magnum.

I gave up on GOW already, I don't wanna leave halo too :(

I have to ask the question: can sprint/AAs/descope/whatever be competitive? Just because they're currently not competitive doesn't mean that they can't be competitive. I think that's what we should be pushing towards, not a complete removal (descope needs to go). I mean, look at Assassin's Creed, they don't really change the game, but they do add new stuff every time. I don't exactly know what (I'm not a true gamer, I'm more of a competitor) but one of my roommates is a true gamer and he loves all the new cool stuff. The new styles of assassinations, the new weapons, the story.

Honestly, everything.

The weapons.

The player movement.

The maps.

How weapons are obtained and lost (ordnance and 12 sec despawn).

The aiming mechanics (flinch and delay after sprint).

How players interact with objectives (no flag drop, ball throw, being stuck when trying to back out of an extraction mid way).

The bonus features (no ranks, no spectator mode, no dedicated servers, no firefight).

The lack custom game options.

The lack of gametypes.

Makes me sadface I hope it wasn't true...

The game just sucks, simple as that. We think the game is better now becuase of ONE playlist, yeah right. They had broken shit at launch now they fixed it and it is just shit.

• Downvote (-1) 2

I have to ask the question: can sprint/AAs/descope/whatever be competitive? Just because they're currently not competitive doesn't mean that they can't be competitive. I think that's what we should be pushing towards, not a complete removal (descope needs to go). I mean, look at Assassin's Creed, they don't really change the game, but they do add new stuff every time. I don't exactly know what (I'm not a true gamer, I'm more of a competitor) but one of my roommates is a true gamer and he loves all the new cool stuff. The new styles of assassinations, the new weapons, the story.

well sprint works, it hate it simply because of the waste of button but its not really as awful as people  make it out to be.

AA's I think can work if they are done right, the regen field/hardlight/AL/etc should simply be made into equipment and for AA's I think stuff like double jump/thruster/superthrow/insta reload and the like would actually fit pretty well.

comparing halo to assassins creed is a little flawed simply because the core has stayed roughly the same wheras for halo its been altered, if the would have done that with halo CE for halo 2 and so on it would make sense but at this point halo is cluttered/deluded that simply adding ontu it is impractical.

fundamentally I think 343i had a lot of great ideas but didn't really put much time and effort into them, I've been saying the very same thing since launch but not only is it easier to just strip the game down and make it into something more competitive the game is so broken that its almost impossible to turn it into something good, as much as I would love it if we could tweak the game a little and make it competitive I'm not sure if its possible.

fundamentally I think 343i had a lot of great ideas but didn't really put much time and effort into them, I've been saying the very same thing since launch but not only is it easier to just strip the game down and make it into something more competitive the game is so broken that its almost impossible to turn it into something good, as much as I would love it if we could tweak the game a little and make it competitive I'm not sure if its possible.

I agree, I've been saying since reach that we need a better core. Aim Assist reduced, strafe acceleration increased (I think, I always get confused on this. But basically, you change directions faster), faster base movement speed. If we can get that, it doesn't really matter what they put on top as long as we can either tweak it so that it's competitive or remove it completely we'll be good

Simple answer.  It's not Halo, it's a Call of Duty ripoff with shields.

Please tell me you're arent serious.

I mean, sure, it adopts/copies/steals/whatever certain elements from modern FPS games (things like sprint, loadouts, and classes arent COD exclusive btw). But they are almost completely different games with completely different mechanics and rules that also look and sound completely different.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I mean, sure, it adopts/copies/steals/whatever certain elements from modern FPS games (things like sprint, loadouts, and classes arent COD exclusive btw). But they are almost completely different games with completely different mechanics and rules that also look and sound completely different.

You're in denial.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Yes it all can be competitive. There is nothing inherently wrong with sprint its just something some people don't like. AA's can work but its been proven twice they are better as map picks/ordinance than choose load outs. Flinch itself is a skill that can be learned and it is not random.

Cluttered maps, loadouts, pointless ranking system, killstreaks, sprint.

Sounds like COD to me.

Halo 4 is a bad arcade FPS, not a arena shooter.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Cluttered maps, loadouts, pointless ranking system, killstreaks, sprint.

Sounds like COD to me.

Halo 4 is a bad arcade FPS, not a arena shooter.

But we're talking about features here.

Other than being FPS games, the two play nothing alike. =/

The Tomb Raider MP has cluttered maps, loadouts, a pointless ranking system, killstreaks and sprint as well, but hey, that's just ripping COD too, right? It couldnt be that such features are now staples of modern shooters, oh no...

In fact, Gears has that stuff too! I guess it's just a COD ripoff as well.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

But we're talking about features here.

Other than being FPS games, the two play nothing alike. =/

The Tomb Raider MP has cluttered maps, loadouts, a pointless ranking system, killstreaks and sprint as well, but hey, that's just ripping COD too, right? It couldnt be that such features are now staples of modern shooters, oh no...

In fact, Gears has that stuff too! I guess it's just a COD ripoff as well.

Those things are not staples of modern shooters, they are staples of modern military shooters. Last time I checked Halo was a Sci-fi Arena-style Sandbox shooter not a MMS. Halo intentionally changed its formula from a Sandbox-Arena shooter to a custom load-out based shooter with PW kill-streaks, perks, default sprint, flinch, weapon unlocks, points, insta-respawn,ect.. the game was Cod-ifed.

Just because it does not have the same core game does not mean H4 did not directly emulate CoD. Its disgusting to veteran fans of the series and the population of 30k tops daily reflects that discontent with the direction of the series.

Lets be honest do you really have as much fun playing as you did when you where lets say 15?

I do... I mean i did before H4. And i'm 25 now.

• Upvote (+1) 1