AkaDemiK

How to share/play no sprint custom games without using fileshares

Do you actually have to play a game, or could you join a modded lobby, instantly back out and the default gametype/map when you went into custom games would be what you just left?

Either way you'd still have to play a game for it to appear in your gametype history in file browser, but it puts less emphasis on someone to keep a game going/restarting games, he could leave an open lobby, and walk away and people can drop in and drop out.

Do you actually have to play a game, or could you join a modded lobby, instantly back out and the default gametype/map when you went into custom games would be what you just left?

Either way you'd still have to play a game for it to appear in your gametype history in file browser, but it puts less emphasis on someone to keep a game going/restarting games, he could leave an open lobby, and walk away and people can drop in and drop out.

You have to play. Games will only register in your recent matches if they are actually played. Simply inv 7 players, run a bunch of NS games and at the end of the session everyone can save the gametypes and rinse and repeat with new players.

You have to play. Games will only register in your recent matches if they are actually played. Simply inv 7 players, run a bunch of NS games and at the end of the session everyone can save the gametypes and rinse and repeat with new players.

Fair enough, I suppose as long as more and more people who have the gametypes start running lobbies the gametypes would get spread in no time.

So we need someone to start who at least has Slayer, Extraction and CTF with the weapon update to start everything.

Nothing else but sprint disabled. Maybe with 120% movement. I don't think we should look into modding anything else - just sprint.

So we need someone to start who at least has Slayer, Extraction and CTF with the weapon update to start everything.

Nothing else but sprint disabled. Maybe with 120% movement. I don't think we should look into modding anything else - just sprint.

Howdy

For anyone else, DL a thing called Horizon. Gets you NS gametypes in 30 seconds.

Howdy

For anyone else, DL a thing called Horizon. Gets you NS gametypes in 30 seconds.

the gametypes are on there? i use it for importing rosters on nba 2k

yup

no sprint and 120%. However, that lower aim assist is tempting.

Unable to watch the stream so can I get a rundown?

Why can't we get the gametypes from 343 now like we could have a couple of months now? I'm no developer but I've heard from modders that no sprint is no problem to achieve.

I understand it would require a lot of testing and wouldn't make it into v5 but from gameplay I have seen from gametypes like Promod it seems to work fine.

the gametypes are on there? i use it for importing rosters on nba 2k

You take one GT off the HD onto a USB, then do them yourself. Got an easy UI.

Unable to watch the stream so can I get a rundown?

Why can't we get the gametypes from 343 now like we could have a couple of months now? I'm no developer but I've heard from modders that no sprint is no problem to achieve.

I understand it would require a lot of testing and wouldn't make it into v5 but from gameplay I have seen from gametypes like Promod it seems to work fine.

I caught the stream about 30 minutes in and from what I heard, I'm assuming Ghost fessed up to what he told a few people/staff in private. Essentially, he's asked for it because while he personally doesn't like the 'ice skate' feel in Halo 4, he knows it's what the people want and 343 basically said "Uhm... no."

But yes, it's incredibly easy. Just search YouTube for 'Halo 4 No Sprint Tutorial" and it's legitimately a 5 minute process. That's all I'm gonna say because this thread is about getting the gametypes, not why we don't just have them.

Howdy

I'm still stuck on my Mac so... :(

my GT is Ravengeance. if you play no sprint feel free to please invite me.

unrelated the top halo 4 streamers right now are playing halo 3, halo 3, and league of legends. halo is dad.

yup

no sprint and 120%. However, that lower aim assist is tempting.

Last time I played the gametypes were being adjusted from game to game. The version I saved ended up with faster weapons, lower aim assist, 126% movement, no sprint, adjusted weapon properties (spread, red reticle range, bloom behaviour, etc), speed boost changed to a 45 second Active Camo, and adjusted base health to balance out melees with gunfire and the headshot vs bodyshot difference.

I wouldn't say it was exactly polished but despite that I played 2v2s for about 5 hours straight without even noticing the time passing that day. Conversely I struggle to play more than 5 games of anything currently in Matchmaking. Sprint really is such a difference maker in how the maps play out.

EDIT: It's obviously unrealistic to expect something like that for Matchmaking, but it's incredibly fun in customs with a few friends. Once I get done with Mass Effect I'm definitely going to be looking for people who want to play some.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Last time I played the gametypes were being adjusted from game to game. The version I saved ended up with faster weapons, lower aim assist, 126% movement, no sprint, adjusted weapon properties (spread, red reticle range, bloom behaviour, etc) , and adjusted base health to balance out melees with gunfire and the headshot vs bodyshot difference.

I wouldn't say it was exactly polished but despite that I played 2v2s for about 5 hours straight without even noticing the time passing that day. Conversely I struggle to play more than 5 games of anything currently in Matchmaking. Sprint really is such a difference maker in how the maps play out.

do you still have these gametypes sir? we migth as well just start a pro mod movement because they fixed a lot more than sprint.

• Upvote (+1) 1

do you still have these gametypes sir? we migth as well just start a pro mod movement because they fixed a lot more than sprint.

Yup. Made sure to save them once we were done making adjustments for the day. Next time I'm playing I'll make sure to pass them on to you, and we could probably get a 2v2 lobby going for a while.

Yup. Made sure to save them once we were done making adjustments for the day. Next time I'm playing I'll make sure to pass them on to you, and we could probably get a 2v2 lobby going for a while.

just send the inv..i'll drop whatever i'm doing for them. Thank You.

just send the inv..i'll drop whatever i'm doing for them. Thank You.

I'm gonna get on in a few minutes. Was thinking of continuing with Mass effect but all this Halo talk kind of makes me want to play Halo.

Fair enough, I suppose as long as more and more people who have the gametypes start running lobbies the gametypes would get spread in no time.

if i could get the gametype from someone i'd be willing to run customs one night. bc we need the 4sk and no sprint in the same gametype. ideally we would also edit the shield recharge rate etc so it plays even more like h2/h3 but those can be done from the gametype edit screen.

This is... exactly what we don't want.

We say we want no sprint, we get no sprint.

Then we just start modding everything.

Fail thread is fail.

I'm gonna get on in a few minutes. Was thinking of continuing with Mass effect but all this Halo talk kind of makes me want to play Halo.

you blew passed me in mass effect. I saw when you first started playing 1 and i was playing it...and then you got to 2 and 3. I'm still on 1. Fuckin ridiculous. I can get on later when you're on to get the gametypes. I suggest making a thread when your lobby goes live so ppl can join and get the gametypes.

This is... exactly what we don't want.

We say we want no sprint, we get no sprint.

Then we just start modding everything.

Fail thread is fail.

guess what...the ppl CAN have both

no sprint mod

everything mod

everyone wins.

you blew passed me in mass effect. I saw when you first started playing 1 and i was playing it...and then you got to 2 and 3. I'm still on 1. Fuckin ridiculous. I can get on later when you're on to get the gametypes. I suggest making a thread when your lobby goes live so ppl can join and get the gametypes.

Heh. I downloaded the first when it was on sale for £4.99 one day just out of curiosity. Got totally hooked and ordered the sequels from Amazon and have pretty much marathoned it since. Somehow I've spent more on DLC for them then I have for the games themselves, crazy, but worth it so far.

I'm looking forward to a second playthrough with a new character too. Should be interesting to see how differently some of the bigger events could turn out.

As for Halo, I'll be on within 15-20 minutes. I'll make a thread if we need people to play.

• Upvote (+1) 1

guess what...the ppl CAN have both

no sprint mod

everything mod

everyone wins.

This is the internet, not little league. 'Everyone wins' is not a possibility.

Fact is that promod went too far and got fucked royal.

As far as I know... no one who put a simple "no sprint" gametype up got banned. It was the people that went way too far that got shut down. What you're trying to do by modding everything is create an entirely different game and while it is better and plays more like Halo than what we could get with no sprint and just legit custom game options, it will never be put into matchmaking, not even Action Sack because there's nothing 'fun' about it. And if it's not in matchmaking, it won't be at AGL / UMG, and if it's not at either of those, your game is fucking dead.

Our best bet would be to disable sprint, bump the speed to 120%, adjust the shield settings to more accurately resemble Halo 3 or Halo 2 (very possible without mods), and disable the loadout. Just force a BR only, 2x Frag, Resupply and Explosives start. With the weapon tuning update, I personally don't think the ammo glitch is necessary anymore. And that's it. You're done.

Some maps might have to be replaced/reforged to accommodate the changes but not a lot.

There's absolutely no need to sit here and try to fix the aim assist and get 125.89% movement speed and fucking camo with that yellow stink cloud following you... no reason to do it. None. At all.

You get rid of sprint, and you fucking stop. Otherwise you're like a drug addict, and you're just gonna go further down hill until it's you and your buddies circle jerking in a custom lobby to Halo 2 with updated graphics and, while it will be awesome, nobody will be playing it.

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 5

Yeah maybe we should focus on no sprint first katastrophe, but hey just cause the rest isn't for you doesn't mean there are others out there who wouldn't want to try those settings.