Grim

What if SPRINT was a feature only available in campaign, firefight ...

FOR FUTURE HALO TITLES:

What if sprint was only used in all of the parts of the game except multiplayer, except big team battle?

So sprint would be allowed for the casuals which play campaign, firefight, spartan ops, etc.

And maybe a toggle sprint option for customs?

Are there any other ways 343 could implement sprint so that those who hate it, will be able to tollerate it?

FOR FUTURE HALO TITLES:

What if sprint was never used again?

Sounds like a plan.
  • Upvote (+1) 5

Other ways to implement sprint so people who hate it will be able to tolerate it:

1. Make sprint an AA again

2. Make sprint very close to 100% of base movement speed

3. Remove sprint completely and forever

4. Allow players to shoot while sprinting

5+. Remove sprint completely and forever

Other ways to implement sprint so people who hate it will be able to tolerate it:

I like #3. 

If #4 happens, I'm selling my Xbox.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Sounds like a plan.

Trying to cater for those who like sprint as well man!

I like #3. 

agreeeeeed

Fuck that, when I first played Reach I was like "ohh so they need an ability from their armour to run?".

Doesn't really make sense, there should just be a NS option/toggle sprint button.

Would not mind if there was some skill to doing it, possibly a button glitch

Call it SxR

6. Sprint only at full shields (+ delay at spawn???)

Have sprint and all other AAs be pickups only and the game would be fine, sprint especially. I would camp to pick up sprint as soon as it spawns.

Have sprint and all other AAs be pickups only and the game would be fine, sprint especially. I would camp to pick up sprint as soon as it spawns.

So you want something that would make you camp in a corner for, slowing down game play, and then continue to slow down the match?

- - -

Sprint adds unnecessary complexity to Halo. It slows things down, breaks map routes and jumps, and rewards the weaker player. Still want it?

• Upvote (+1) 1

For the love of god, just up the base movement speed(110) by 10-15 percent to H2 levels and give us a good strafe and the game becomes 100 percent better and maps wont be over-sized and campy like Adrift and Solace.

Or if we really are making Halo into a generic shooter,  just go the whole fuckin way so veterans can move on.

For the love of god, just up the base movement speed(110) by 10-15 percent to H2 levels and give us a good strafe and the game becomes 100 percent better and maps wont be over-sized and campy like Adrift and Solace.

But... but.... What about the CoD kids who want to play Halo and miss sprint?

But... but.... What about the CoD kids who want to play Halo and miss sprint?

Yeah, because THAT really worked with all those CoD kids playing Halo 4....

They got CoD every year for god's sake giving them the illusion they are getting a "new" CoD, why would they play anything else?

• Upvote (+1) 1

So you want something that would make you camp in a corner for, slowing down game play, and then continue to slow down the match?

- - -

Sprint adds unnecessary complexity to Halo. It slows things down, breaks map routes and jumps, and rewards the weaker player. Still want it?

You're taking what I said out of context. Sprint slows gameplay down because everyone has it. Maps are designed with sprint in mind and people can more easily run away from firefights. Having sprint as something you could pick up like overshield or active camo could work in future titles. I could definitely see how making sure you time sprint's spawn could make or break any objective game. 

Never did say I wanted sprint though  ;). If it has to be in the game, that's how I'd like to see it implemented. 

I like #3. 

I meant everything in conjunction. So you wouldn't be moving at 300% speed and shooting at the same time. More like 110-115.

Anyways the "remove sprint" solution is there too.

- - -

Food for thought: People camp for rockets, rockets reward weaker players because they have no skill gap, and they slow down the match especially at the end of the game. Want them?

I'm a little disappoint you would even mention it going into campaign and just. Its boring as shit to have to be an Olympic runner to get anywhere. Leave it as an option, just how should have always been, and if they don't bother to get rid of it, how it should always be.

Olympic Skull- Activate Sprint

Food for thought: People camp for rockets, rockets reward weaker players because they have no skill gap, and they slow down the match especially at the end of the game. Want them?

Weaker players will never get rockets. If they do, its the better player's fault for not contesting them.

And rockets are a high risk/ high reward power weapon. And back when strafing was actually possible they did take some skill to use, though the skill floor was pretty low (please note that doesn't mean the skill ceiling).

You're taking what I said out of context. Sprint slows gameplay down because everyone has it. Maps are designed with sprint in mind and people can more easily run away from firefights. Having sprint as something you could pick up like overshield or active camo could work in future titles. I could definitely see how making sure you time sprint's spawn could make or break any objective game.

Never did say I wanted sprint though ;). If it has to be in the game, that's how I'd like to see it implemented.

Well, we know that speed boost + sprint is broken, but speedboost w/o sprint could be interesting.

Sprint - Campaign, Firefight, and a new 64 player Big Team Battle

No Sprint - All the Arena gametypes. 4v4, 2v2, 1v1 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Honestly? No. Rockets are only good at the very beginning of the match with two shots, in my opinion. Beyond that, they do reward *unskilled players *and prolong inevitable games. A much better power weapon is the Railgun; it takes some skill to aim, requires a direct line of sight, and punishes the user for missing even one shot. Rockets do none of those things, but of course we would never do away with them because of nostalgia or some similar rot.

Also, Rockets do take slightly more skill than sprint.

I liked 3 at first, but I kinda leaning towards 5 now.....

Honestly? No. Rockets are only good at the very beginning of the match with two shots, in my opinion. Beyond that, they do reward *unskilled players *and prolong inevitable games. A much better power weapon is the Railgun; it takes some skill to aim, requires a direct line of sight, and punishes the user for missing even one shot. Rockets do none of those things, but of course we would never do away with them because of nostalgia or some similar rot.

Also, Rockets do take slightly more skill than sprint.

Personally I think being able time weapon/powerup spawns are a skill in of itself. Part of that whole map control/awareness umbrella. If two teams are evenly skilled the game typically comes down to who controls powerups and power weapons. I feel like otherwise most games would just be like flipping a coin to decide who wins, slayer games especially. 

Totally agree with the railgun > rockets. Might as well accept death if you miss your shot with the railgun. 

Rockets are only OP with radar because you can just camp around corners and radar watch, without radar the crutch of rockets are gone and if you get back-smacked you are going to forfeit rockets or if you miss one rocket you are normally going to die with the 4-shot BR. That is why in Arena games radars are OP, many weapons rely on prediction skills and if you have radar doing that for you it takes the whole game out of it.