Sign in to follow this  
TheSpinCycle

The Next Halo: Should it display health on the HUD?

94 members have voted

1. 1. Should the next Halo game display shield and health bars or only a shield bar?

• The next Halo should have both a shield bar and a health bar on the HUD (Halo CE, Halo Reach)
    • The next Halo should only have a shield bar on the HUD (Halo 2, Halo 3, Halo 4)

A good visual can be that okay imagine this...(-------) <- this is imaginary shields, so when the opponent has been shot to the point of no shields he flashes like normal, now.....( dank team )...this guy has no shields and starts getting shot long distance on the body, a visual that would be good to witness can be that of the opponent leaving a trail of blood where they go.....this way they know that if the bleeding stops they are full health, regardless of having full shields or not, and the amount of blood varies depending on how low their health is.....Idk just something that came to mind while reading... will it work? I believe most would disagree but yeah that's it

A good visual can be that okay imagine this...(-------) <- this is imaginary shields, so when the opponent has been shot to the point of no shields he flashes like normal, now.....( dank team )...this guy has no shields and starts getting shot long distance on the body, a visual that would be good to witness can be that of the opponent leaving a trail of blood where they go.....this way they know that if the bleeding stops they are full health, regardless of having full shields or not, and the amount of blood varies depending on how low their health is.....Idk just something that came to mind while reading... will it work? I believe most would disagree but yeah that's it

Holy hell, Killtacular

I don't think I've ever seen that before lol.

Alright CT  YOU'RE GOING THE FUCK DOWN YOU PIECE OF SHIT

makeitstop, on 02 Aug 2013 - 11:32 PM, said:snapback.png

It slows down gameplay when you're less likely to push out and into engagements and when you have to go back in search of health packs.  

Based on what? Your thoughts or opinions? When did NBNS reach slow down due to health packs? When did h1 slow down due to health packs? Can you show me even one example of gameplay in any game where you think having visible health actually slowed it down? Thats the thing about these arguments, they're good in theory to try to make a point but at the end of the day they're not evidence because there are no examples where puckett had to say. WELL GUYS HE WENT BACK TO HIS BASE INSTEAD OF TRYING TO RETURN THAT FLAG DUE TO HAVING YELLOW HEALTH. It just doesn't happen. It sounds nice to people on the other side of the argument, but it didnt happen.

Do you really need me to show you a video of someone running back to their base to pick up a health pack?  Halo CE was very quick paced for other reasons, not the least of which was the 3-shot pistol that killed soo quick.   Obviously everything you and I are doing here is discussing theory, it wouldn't be very fun for me to have to find a video for every single point I'm trying to make.  I'd probably just stop posting if that were the case.  It didn't slow gameplay down *that* much, and obviously if you were running a fucking flag you wouldn't bother about picking up a health pack unless it was along the way lol.  But it definitely incentivized players to take things a little more slowly after an engagement and go find a health pack if they were in the red.  I've done it, I've seen others do it.

Halo 2 did away with health packs and revolutionized fps's in this way (hello CoD).  Action became quicker paced and more exciting.  

Uh, not unless you're basing H1 pace and speed off that old AGP video with AR starts. 4v4 wizard in h1 was probably the most fast-paced halo there was. See again I'm forced into being an elitist douchebag because I'm put in positions where people who didn't play competitive halo 1 are arguing against it and I have to call them out. Halo 2 did not make the game faster, and even if you could make that argument, it was not due to having no visible health. I've been stuck at blue too many times on lockout to have halo 2 called a game of superior pacing. Gimme a break.

You misunderstood my point.  I wasn't saying it made halo quicker- I was saying it made other games like CoD quicker paced (undeniable my friend).  Halo became slower after CE for a host of other reasons and honestly the health pack thing is minor compared to the difference between the pistol and the BR.

It's not like picking up, say, powerups because powerups are in central positions that both teams fight over.  Health packs are placed off to the sides away from the central conflict areas.

So put them somewhere else?

*possibly* you could put them in more central areas- but wouldn't it just be better to put an OS there instead?  That way it's even more important to go to that area.  And as you know it's not a good idea to put it on a power position, like top purple on simplex.  We're running out of locations here pretty fast, and if it isn't something that's accesable enough to be reasonable why even bother with it.

Removing health packs was a change for the better, it's great to be able to jump into a battle after a previous one without having to first make a pitstop back at your base- perhaps it removes some strategy but in its place it increases the importance of pushing out and being quick as fu-- to get to the position on the map that you are needed most, since the other team has also recharged their shields.

There was no need for 'perhaps' - it does remove strategy from the game. It's one less thing to think about. Frankly, i think halo needs more factors to consider. Without it, it devolves into just going full APG and taping the left thumbstick down for the entirety of the game. Not to say that he's not a smart player, but that strategy should not be as effective as it is.

Yeah it removes some strategy but in its place it puts other factors that I've already explained.  IN other words it isn't a net loss.  More like a substitution. 

It also makes dying a bigger deal since you can't just say "well at least I made the guy with rockets red bar."  If you die in a stupid engagement you get punished more.

This could be argued to be a good thing just as easily as you're making it out to be bad. I look at it this way. I play a lot of team snipers. When I play team snipers, I regularly go for body shots because halo 4 is ******** and if you can flinch someone with a first shot and its way more effective than it used to be. My point is, I've been in more than a few battles where someone pops out, gets bodied, hides, pops out, gets bodied, hides. I've done this wash rinse and repeat nonsense with the same guy hiding in the same spot for like 3 cycles. In halo CE a snipe bullet took you to yellow health. If you got your shields back, the next one took you to red health. At this point a single nade or a single body shot could kill you. You didnt get to just hide endlessly and get back to full strength. The idea of risk/reward in halo is dying. Having that risk there makes each decision more important. Your options may be slightly more limited if you are at red health but I'd argue that dynamic is a good thing. At least you can change the game without killing someone outright. And changing the game a little means less of the same thing over and over again, which is what competitive halo looks like today.

EHhh, I stand by my previous point that it makes dying in said sniper battle more  of a problem.  More of a big deal.  (and if you had to wait 3 cycles of sniping the same person than you had other problems going on that game- not necessarily with your personal shots but possibly with your team.)  It makes those battles more intense as well- since you and your opponent will be more likely to go for the headshot instead of trying to nick two body shots and force them to go running back to find a health pack (slowing things down) or else, as you stated, they can just get bodied one more time and die.  And if we are talking about risk v reward than surely you shouldn't be rewarded for getting some *average* shots on a guy with rocket and then getting explodified because of a stupid challenge.  Instead you'd have to do really damn good (aka get dat noscope) on the guy with rockets for it to matter.  (or have your teamshot on him).  More skill required to "damage" the guy who earned rockets with his team.

You are right I didn't play CE competitively, only reach with healthpacks, so ultimately I defer the issue to you and accept your opinion over mine on the matter, these are just my thoughts.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Personally I prefer not to see it.

I say keep it hidden It will just create in game drama and be a nuisance.

From my experience in reach . I found it really frustrating after losing health, to be looking for a health pack while a intense match was going on.

Just getting your shields back and focusing in the rest of the meta was enough.

Health pack system just created inconsistent DMR battles.

In know the health pack system was great with CE.

However I think this was due to the fast kill times and the weapon balance .

From my experience in reach . I found it really frustrating after losing health, to be looking for a health pack while a intense match was going on.

You could also say "it was really frustrating to be descoped when an intense long-range battle was going on." Does that mean the "frustrating" mechanic is necessarily bad?

What does "enough meta" even mean? When's "enough"?

Could you give an example or two?

Do you really need me to show you a video of someone running back to their base to pick up a health pack?  Halo CE was very quick paced for other reasons, not the least of which was the 3-shot pistol that killed soo quick.   Obviously everything you and I are doing here is discussing theory, it wouldn't be very fun for me to have to find a video for every single point I'm trying to make.  I'd probably just stop posting if that were the case.  It didn't slow gameplay down *that* much, and obviously if you were running a **** flag you wouldn't bother about picking up a health pack unless it was along the way lol.  But it definitely incentivized players to take things a little more slowly after an engagement and go find a health pack if they were in the red.  I've done it, I've seen others do it.

Sure you can show me that, but does going in search of something a few times a game really impact the pace? I watched every reach tourney and every halo 3 tourney. Hell, I went to a bunch of them and I just didn't see this large difference in pace that you're talking about. IMO It is just another thing to consider, and if you want to run straight into battle with red health then you take that risk. If youd rather wander off to find a health pack then your lack of helping and teamshooting will also affect the game.

You misunderstood my point.  I wasn't saying it made halo quicker- I was saying it made other games like CoD quicker paced (undeniable my friend).  Halo became slower after CE for a host of other reasons and honestly the health pack thing is minor compared to the difference between the pistol and the BR.

This is true, but your original contention was that health was a significant contributing factor in the slowing of halo's pace. I simply disagreed. Pace is a funny thing though. Sure cod is quicker paced due to having such fast kill times, but it can also devolve into a slow-paced game for the same reasons. People camp because wandering is dangerous in a game where you die so quickly. I personally think h1 has had the best balance of any FPS, and is the only one with about 1 second kill times in the last 12 years. Reach anniversary had it too but it was plagued with bloom.

*possibly* you could put them in more central areas- but wouldn't it just be better to put an OS there instead?  That way it's even more important to go to that area.  And as you know it's not a good idea to put it on a power position, like top purple on simplex.  We're running out of locations here pretty fast, and if it isn't something that's accesable enough to be reasonable why even bother with it.

Its good to put them in risky or otherwise worthless areas. Again, you always have the choice to go back into the foray but if you choose to focus on your health you have to sacrifice those few seconds or not help your team or whatever. That is risk/reward/planning/meta/etc. When it doesnt exist, there is no choice to  be made. It's just one more thing that separates a player who never makes a bad choice like OGRE2 from some an idiot who happens to have really great aim.

Yeah it removes some strategy but in its place it puts other factors that I've already explained.  IN other words it isn't a net loss.  More like a substitution. 

See above.

EHhh, I stand by my previous point that it makes dying in said sniper battle more  of a problem.  More of a big deal.  (and if you had to wait 3 cycles of sniping the same person than you had other problems going on that game- not necessarily with your personal shots but possibly with your team.)  It makes those battles more intense as well- since you and your opponent will be more likely to go for the headshot instead of trying to nick two body shots and force them to go running back to find a health pack (slowing things down) or else, as you stated, they can just get bodied one more time and die.  

I don't play team snipers with a team, usually just my wife. The whole reason I like that playlist is that I dont have to rely on a bunch of annoying, whiny-ass teenagers to get kills. Teamwork helps a lot, but just being able to shoot your way out of situations is why I play it. I could shoot my way out of bad spots in Halo 1 but since Halo 2, the only playlist where that was really still an option was Team Snipers.

Point is, you should be penalized for getting pushed to within an inch of your life, and right now you are not. I can't see how that is really such a bad thing.

And if we are talking about risk v reward than surely you shouldn't be rewarded for getting some *average* shots on a guy with rocket and then getting explodified because of a stupid challenge.  Instead you'd have to do really damn good (aka get dat noscope) on the guy with rockets for it to matter.  (or have your teamshot on him).  More skill required to "damage" the guy who earned rockets with his team.

I honestly don't really understand what you're saying here at all. I shouldnt be rewarded for getting a rocket guy's entire shield off and then taking some of his health? Why is that bad again? He sucks with rockets if he's letting me do that and he should be punished accordingly. Getting a rocket guy's shield off + some health is not 'average shots.' You're focusing on skill required to damage and I'm trying to talk about skill required to not take it. So many people talk about slowness and pacing and camping and no one talks about playing SMART. If there are no consequences for your decisions, it allows you to play without putting all that much thought into it.

You are right I didn't play CE competitively, only reach with healthpacks, so ultimately I defer the issue to you and accept your opinion over mine on the matter, these are just my thoughts.

werd.

I always welcome civil debate. This is fun.

Along the lines of my last few paragraphs to the other gent in here - sorry, but this all sounds like "it made it harder" to me.

I was LANing H1 2v2s last night with my two brothers and a friend. After a few games of me dropping 40 bombs on my brothers they demanded us switch to H2, at which point the matches became neck and neck and they even won one, but we'll leave that story for another time. I did land 5 really nasty shot-shot-double shot's on my older brother so it made it worth it.

The relevant things from this is the gameplay on H1. Health packs. I have to say that I stand by entirely what I said on the first page, that no health packs and instead a self recharging health is something I actually liked better in later Halos. However, I just want to bring you guys a fresh experience to consider. When I'm playing H1 on a semi-serious level, health packs to me seem (for the majority of the time) like a part of gameplay that you only deal with if the opportunity to do so is right in front of your face.

To give a gameplay example: Let's say I get into a fight with both of my brothers in camo room on Chill Out. I'm by the sniper so I have an escape route through the teleporter. I also could continue through to rocket room where there aren't any health packs. The health pack right in snipe hall is on respawn. I realize that I'm not going to win this 1v2 so I dipset to the teleporter into shotty room. At this point, one of my brothers goes through to rocket room to make sure I don't come out to there, and the other brother follows me through teleporter after a few seconds. Now, as he comes through, I've already picked up the health pack from the receiver node platform in shotty room and have begun recharging my shields. So when he comes through, instead of a guy with maybe mostly full shields and weak health he can hopefully pick off, I'm full shields and full health. I win.

Now, had I just continued through to rocket room and just tried to regenerate shields, one of my brothers would have dropped off broken bridge and pushed into rocket room, cutting me off there and the other brother would've followed right behind me and pinched me. I would have low health maybe full shields and my partner would spawn next to me in rocket room and we'd both die most likely because I was weak and easy to clean up, leaving him to deal with the a 1v2. So, by going through teleporter and grabbing an health pack, I not only gave myself a even chance in the next battle, I also give my partner a safe spawn in shotty room with me and suddenly we have the upper hand.

I think what this example shows is that health packs do have a slight impact on metagame in Halo, however if there wasn't health packs in H1, I still would've probably played that situation exactly the same. For the safe spawn for my teammate, and to prevent an easy pinch double kill for the other team. So, is it really that beneficial to have health packs in multiplayer? I say no. Halo plays just as well if not better without them. This is my opinion as someone who loves H1 more than anything but loves H2-H3(LAN) too, although to a lesser extent.

• Upvote (+1) 3

I was LANing H1 2v2s last night with my two brothers and a friend. After a few games of me dropping 40 bombs on my brothers they demanded us switch to H2, at which point the matches became neck and neck and they even won one, but we'll leave that story for another time. I did land 5 really nasty shot-shot-double shot's on my older brother so it made it worth it.

The relevant things from this is the gameplay on H1. Health packs. I have to say that I stand by entirely what I said on the first page, that no health packs and instead a self recharging health is something I actually liked better in later Halos. However, I just want to bring you guys a fresh experience to consider. When I'm playing H1 on a semi-serious level, health packs to me seem (for the majority of the time) like a part of gameplay that you only deal with if the opportunity to do so is right in front of your face.

To give a gameplay example: Let's say I get into a fight with both of my brothers in camo room on Chill Out. I'm by the sniper so I have an escape route through the teleporter. I also could continue through to rocket room where there aren't any health packs. The health pack right in snipe hall is on respawn. I realize that I'm not going to win this 1v2 so I dipset to the teleporter into shotty room. At this point, one of my brothers goes through to rocket room to make sure I don't come out to there, and the other brother follows me through teleporter after a few seconds. Now, as he comes through, I've already picked up the health pack from the receiver node platform in shotty room and have begun recharging my shields. So when he comes through, instead of a guy with maybe mostly full shields and weak health he can hopefully pick off, I'm full shields and full health. I win.

Now, had I just continued through to rocket room and just tried to regenerate shields, one of my brothers would have dropped off broken bridge and pushed into rocket room, cutting me off there and the other brother would've followed right behind me and pinched me. I would have low health maybe full shields and my partner would spawn next to me in rocket room and we'd both die most likely because I was weak and easy to clean up, leaving him to deal with the a 1v2. So, by going through teleporter and grabbing an health pack, I not only gave myself a even chance in the next battle, I also give my partner a safe spawn in shotty room with me and suddenly we have the upper hand.

I think what this example shows is that health packs do have a slight impact on metagame in Halo, however if there wasn't health packs in H1, I still would've probably played that situation exactly the same. For the safe spawn for my teammate, and to prevent an easy pinch double kill for the other team. So, is it really that beneficial to have health packs in multiplayer? I say no. Halo plays just as well if not better without them. This is my opinion as someone who loves H1 more than anything but loves H2-H3(LAN) too, although to a lesser extent.

Even if we disagree a bit, this is still a great post. Because of the quick kill times, health doesn't have a huge impact on the game. Hell I've gotten clutch tsks on red health before. But I am still of the opinion that getting rid of them doesnt make the gameplay any better. It's just something else to consider if you're really weak. I think about health no more than  a couple times a game if that, but it's still another layer to consider. Having rockets and red health makes you play a bit differently.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I would say have the Health be visible, right beneath the shield indicator, but not bother with having Health Pack's in the game as I think they were never all that necessary for Halo. The Health being visible would still force you to play safer if it was low and if your shields were down at the time especially. You could simply have Health recharge slowly over time similar to how it has in Halo 2, 3, 4,.

I feel like a broken record saying I agree with everything CT said, but once again it's true.

Halo 1 did such a great job balancing shields and health. Health had such little impact on how the game was played, except for niche scenarios like having rockets with red health. Besides niche situations, health played little to no factor in pistol battles. If I had red health and no power weapons or control, you damn well know I'm not going for the health pack.

Ill only pick up health packs if they are conveniently near me or if its a niche situation in which I deem that I'd rather feel safe having full health while controlling the power ups/weapons. Idc how effective camo is, nades are insane in this game and I've been killed my some of the best grenades I've ever seen thrown in my entire time playing halo. When you go up against players who are just as deadly as throwing grenades as they are shooting, you start playing with more concern on health.

I mainly just want the health indicator back; I like to have as much information as possible.

As for regenerative health, it's difficult to take a firm stance on the matter; both styles are perfectly acceptable. The key point is whether or not nonregenerative health adds something meaningful to the game, and it works differently in each game, so there's not much point theorizing.

- - -

Solution: Add the health bar back, but give us the option if health should regenerate or not, and how that regeneration should occur (gradually, when shields have recharged, upon pickup of healthpack).

When we have the game in our hands, then we can debate which style is better with hard testing, not soft theories.

- - -

However, this solution is unlikely to occur, but the more options the merrier, as I always say (that's actually the first time I've said that).

Or you can just have a health system like H3 where it regenerates immediately once regaining shields and it won't even be a problem.

You're misinformed - in Halo 3 player health only begins to recharge once the shield is full. And its recharge rate is significantly slower than that of the shield.

It's very possible to accumulate enough body damage over the course of one or more engagements only to then get killed by a single sniper bodyshot or grenade despite having a full shield. Making the health visible to players so that they can track its status would be a minor, yet beneficial change which would both not keep information about the player away from them and make it easier in casted games for the casters to explain what might otherwise appear to be a fluke of a death.

• Upvote (+1) 1

You could also say "it was really frustrating to be descoped when an intense long-range battle was going on." Does that mean the "frustrating" mechanic is necessarily bad?

But being descoped has been in all the halos that were successful. Health pack was in halo CE but like I said that game was balanced reach wasn't.

in my experience I hated to have to look for a health pack while teammates where calling out and you had to ignore them looking for a health pack.

What does "enough meta" even mean? When's "enough"? the rest of the meta was enough by that I mean. Set up , team shot , the game.meta like on zealot bomb setting up to trap them in B1 or R1 . It was enough to keep you busy then to worry about the health pack.

Could you give an example or two?

I was waiting for someone to ask this . Dont you remember the beat down system how bad it was cos of health. You had to 3shot beat down, because if you two shot beat down they wouldnt die, with a two shot beat because they would still have that extra health bar. This also created most horrible dmr battles befor ZB NS .. where it look as of people were eating bullets but was actually surviving on that last health bar.

Like I said coming from halo 2 I think halo reach was "my "worst experience game with health packs .

It seems like a lot of people posting and/or voting aren't quite understanding the question posted:

It's simply "would you like health to be visible?" not "would you like health to be visible and health packs to return?"

• Upvote (+1) 1

It seems like a lot of people posting and/or voting aren't quite understanding the question posted:

It's simply "would you like health to be visible?" not "would you like health to be visible and health packs to return?"

Do you think it's too late to add extra questions to the poll?

Yes but the point is why be visable If it charges the same time as shields. Then there's no point of it shown. Really its a stupid question.

Why see it if you dont need a health pack for it and its charges the same time as shields. It don't make sense.

Just going to clutter up the screen . Your just going to see two bars charge at the same time pointless.

Yes but the point is why be visable If it charges the same time as shields. Then there's no point of it shown. Really its a stupid question.

Because it doesn't recharge at the same rate as the shield. I explained that a few posts up - the health recharge rate doesn't start until shields are charged and is notably slower than the shield recharge rate. Bungie explained this about Halo 3 in a Weekly Update, and through testing in Halo 4 the same is true.

EDIT: Here's the link & quote.

http://halo.bungie.net/news/content.aspx?cid=13233

There is one more wrinkle to this: your invisible body hit points do recharge, but at a different rate from your shields. While ordinarily this is a non-issue (we’ve always made this largely transparent), it can affect the outcome of a contest. For those of you keeping score, body hit points start regenerating 10 seconds after last taking damage, at a rate of 9 hp/sec. So if your shields are up but you’re fresh from taking a beating, you could still be in trouble in a contest.
  • Upvote (+1) 1

Because it doesn't recharge at the same rate as the shield.

And its been the same way since Halo 2. I have no idea how so few people are aware of this. If you nade someone's feet and let their shields recharge and then do it again, they die in one nade on the 3rd or 4th nade with full shields. I thought that was common knowledge.

See that's another reason to show it. At least then more people would understand the system a little better instead of dying to one nade and freaking out cause they think the game is inconsistent.

See that's another reason to show it. At least then more people would understand the system a little better instead of dying to one nade and freaking out cause they think the game is inconsistent.

You can hope, but the amount of times people died to one nade in Reach because they had low health and called BS on it was still ridiculous. It wouldn't surprise me if because of Halo 2 and 3 a significant portion of the player base believed that frag grenades were only powerful enough to remove a full shield.

• Upvote (+1) 1

No I know that stuff about how health recharges slower than shields (and how it was possible to die from one plasma at your feet if you had just recharged), I just think it was less an issue than health packs as that health still recharged quick enough and I had an idea of when the "true" recharge was completed.

Sure you can show me that, but does going in search of something a few times a game really impact the pace? I watched every reach tourney and every halo 3 tourney. Hell, I went to a bunch of them and I just didn't see this large difference in pace that you're talking about. IMO It is just another thing to consider, and if you want to run straight into battle with red health then you take that risk. If youd rather wander off to find a health pack then your lack of helping and teamshooting will also affect the game.

This is true, but your original contention was that health was a significant contributing factor in the slowing of halo's pace. I simply disagreed. Pace is a funny thing though. Sure cod is quicker paced due to having such fast kill times, but it can also devolve into a slow-paced game for the same reasons. People camp because wandering is dangerous in a game where you die so quickly. I personally think h1 has had the best balance of any FPS, and is the only one with about 1 second kill times in the last 12 years. Reach anniversary had it too but it was plagued with bloom.

Health packs do slow down the game, but halo CE was already quicker than the other halos to where it didn't really matter that much.  I never said that it *significantly* slowed down gameplay, just that it does make it slower, and when attached to a game that is already slow (reach) it's even more noticeable.

I don't play team snipers with a team, usually just my wife. The whole reason I like that playlist is that I dont have to rely on a bunch of annoying, whiny-ass teenagers to get kills. Teamwork helps a lot, but just being able to shoot your way out of situations is why I play it. I could shoot my way out of bad spots in Halo 1 but since Halo 2, the only playlist where that was really still an option was Team Snipers.

Then get the headshot instead of 3 bodies XD.

Point is, you should be penalized for getting pushed to within an inch of your life, and right now you are not. I can't see how that is really such a bad thing.

You *are* penalized- you have to wait for that recharge.  reach/ce health penalizes you more, true, but I think other factors of just shield recharge offset it.

So many people talk about slowness and pacing and camping and no one talks about playing SMART. If there are no consequences for your decisions, it allows you to play without putting all that much thought into it.

And I say challenging rocket guy with a dmr at a range where he can kill you is *not* a smart play, and you shouldn't be rewarded for lowering his health to red.

I know what the original thread is about; I just think this detour which is still somewhat on topic is good discussion so why not?

Because it doesn't recharge at the same rate as the shield. I explained that a few posts up - the health recharge rate doesn't start until shields are charged and is notably slower than the shield recharge rate. Bungie explained this about Halo 3 in a Weekly Update, and through testing in Halo 4 the same is true.

EDIT: Here's the link & quote.

http://halo.bungie.net/news/content.aspx?cid=13233

Okay so your right about the shields not charging at the same time as the health .

So this would create more passive play gameplay.

How could.knowing your health improve halo if you can't do anything about it.

For example let's just say If your one shot for the 4-5th time . You will die from.one sniper bullet.

If you know this information but can't get a health pack/ something to Regenerated it what's the point of it.

Why see it anyways so you can play more passively.

And its highly unlikely you would be one shot 4-5 times in a high competitive match.

There no point of seeing the health system. Just create confusion to new players and once again people would leave cos they wouldn't understand.

And old player like me would just say this isn't halo and quit.

Then we will see that 12-20k population after 7months or what ever it was.

Your right its been there all the time and its behind the scene. That's how It should be . Why see something you can't change. Pointless.....

First I'd say that playing passively can sometimes be a smart thing - seeing that you're low on health will cause more people to make a decision as to whether or not they wait it out a little longer or just take their chances with their shield. It also gives more information for casters to use and makes seemingly random deaths to a single grenade explainable to players who previously weren't aware of the system.

A tiny UI change like this which has no bearing on gameplay aside from the clarity of information given to players & spectators would cause you to say that it's not Halo and quit? If that's the case all I can say is that you seem to be very narrow minded.

On the side I'd also support health packs and non-recharging health return - it gives us another useful item to place on the map and does affect situational decision making like cT said. But health packs or not, being able to actually see your health would be a good thing for players unfamiliar with the health & shield mechanic and spectators alike while having only a negligible effect on how veteran players play the game.

• Upvote (+1) 1