CyReN

Counter-Strike Discussion

When does it start?

It's on now! This is the final map of the last quarter final then we go straight into the semi's.

Got my first ever weapon case tonight - don't have enough money to buy a key to open it. The first world CS GO problems are so real

Got my first ever weapon case tonight - don't have enough money to buy a key to open it. The first world CS GO problems are so real

I usually just sell them on the marketplace in order to fund buying a key.

Great tournament, watched the whole thing, so many good moments and displays of skill. 10/10 would watch again.

Seeing as quite a few people here play CSGO, I'm gonna leave my steam acc. Feel free to add me for CSGO, CSS, or CoD4.

Great tournament, watched the whole thing, so many good moments and displays of skill. 10/10 would watch again.

Seeing as quite a few people here play CSGO, I'm gonna leave my steam acc. Feel free to add me for CSGO, CSS, or CoD4.

how's the population for cod? been a while since i've played that game.

I've been trying to do some research for CS:GO with regard to the maps as I'm looking to start building maps for that game. Although I could use some of the knowledge of the players here as I've never played the game before and haven't purchased it yet. I've made a lot of maps in halo and from what I've seen there is a huge difference in maps, so I need to get the right mindset before designing maps.

So far what I've noticed is that most of the maps have a lot of tight corners/hallways/buildings and a lot of 'lazy' cover. From looking at tournament play, I noticed that most players peakshoot a lot. 

So what I'm pretty much asking is the knowledge on the following:
- what makes your favorite maps so good?
- what kind of map would you like to see made that there isn't there yet?
- what are the key elements a map should have?
- anything other that I missed that could help me in the design process. 

how's the population for cod? been a while since i've played that game.

CoD 4 still has a good amount of servers. MW2, Blops1 and MW3 are dead as far as I know.

Update 27/03

UI

• Scoreboard changes:
    • Added ability to use mouse cursor in scoreboard.
    • Cursor will be enabled on the scoreboard by default in halftime and endmatch.
    • When alive or spectating, if the scoreboard is visible, the cursor can be enabled by using secondary fire.
    • Players in scoreboards have left click context menus that allow you to commend, report, block communcation, etc.
    • Scoreboard will adjust to the size of the number of players in the match. Max is still 24 players.
    • Combined clan tag and name tag into one field.
  • Fixed the CZ-75A icon not showing overhead during freetime.
  • Added Commonwealth of Independent States flag, uses alpha 2 code "CC".
  • Fixing aspect ratio of a few flags.
  • On community servers after mp_swapteams or vote to swap teams the game will also swap team names and flags.

GAMEPLAY

• Adjusted the rules for dropping a grenade upon death: you now drop your most recently selected grenade. If you never selected a grenade, you will drop the most expensive one.
  • Improved player hitbox alignment.
  • Players shot in the head from the side will play a new left or right headshot flinch animation, instead of forward or backward.
  • Defuse kit art has been adjusted to make them more visible.

MISC

• Reduced client virtual memory usage.
  • Fixed an out of memory crash that could occur while downloading workshop maps.
  • Fixed a hitch related to inventory icon loading.
  • Players that fail to properly validate with VAC will no longer get the generic "Invalid STEAM UserID Ticket" message and instead see "An issue with your computer is blocking the VAC system. You cannot play on secure servers."
  • Started a trial of official competitive matchmaking on servers in South Africa.

MAPS

• Overpass:

• Added connector from T water to T tunnels
    • Opened up small concrete hut near Bombsite A
    • Made wood stack near door to A tunnels climbable
    • Made it possible to shoot through wood wall near Bombsite B
    • Made area near fountain in park slightly larger
    • Tweaked environment light
  • Dust2:

• Removed some small gaps between crates in Bombsite B
  • Inferno:

• Added wallbanging on low wall near barbecue (Thanks Spunj!)
    • Revised clipping on balcony near mid

BjqtKCmCEAACv0l.jpg

http://www.twitch.tv/fragbitelive

All games will be hard fought with present teams in seemingly good form. Highlight of the night is easily Titan vs VP (20:15 GMT) which will be their first meetup since Katowice group stages. The odds are also fairly close for all the games if you're into betting your skins.

I got the game and recently started playing against bots. It is really fun but I need to improve my aim since I am not use to the keyboard and mouse.

wow watching this fragbite online tournament titan vs virtus.  crazy series!!!  csgo is really growing up to 33k viewers for an online tournament

wow watching this fragbite online tournament titan vs virtus.  crazy series!!!  csgo is really growing up to 33k viewers for an online tournament

That's not even counting the foreign language streams :D

37eh5.jpg

I lost today but daaaaaaaaamn that was a good series.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1RJW98_JtlA

Won an eSports case last night - got a Blue Laminate AK 47

B)

if anyone wants to play sometime, feel free to add me. just search sbk.

don't play very often, but then again i don't play with anyone so i get bored quick.