CyReN

Counter-Strike Discussion

I've been a fan of this CLG lineup since they were Netcode Guides but they seriously need to drop FNS. Before you could use the "He's the IGL" excuse but that's gone now.

Maybe they're waiting for IBP players to get unbanned and will replace him and hazed with Steel and Dazed  :kappa:

Picks for today: (I know - 1st match already started - forgot to post - exhausted boyz 2015)

nV vs. Na'Vi - nV wins 
TSM vs. Kinguin - TSM wins 
Virtus Pro vs. NiP - NiP wins 
Fnatic vs. Luminosity - Fnatic wins

Picks for today: (I know - 1st match already started - forgot to post - exhausted boyz 2015)

nV vs. Na'Vi - nV wins 

TSM vs. Kinguin - TSM wins 

Virtus Pro vs. NiP - NiP wins 

Fnatic vs. Luminosity - Fnatic wins

Same picks for me.

Time for NiP magic.  :walshy:

The NiP Majors streak has officially ended :( 

But nothing but credit to Virtus Pro - the Virtus Plow was real on Inferno. The rest of the event will still be amazing but damn it is going to feel weird not seeing NiP in the semis or finals - along with the excitement they have brought so many times before.

Just as a topic of discussion while the major is ongoing - what's everyone's Counter-Strike story? When did you first play - who was the first player/team you heard about - - how did you get into it - all that good stuff.

For me, I always wanted to play CS dating back to 1.6 but never had a PC that would be able to handle it - and I didn't know a single person who played. I would see the game in stores and always wanted to play that and a lot of other PC games but just couldn't. Plus getting the original Xbox when I was 8 with Halo One kept me on the Xbox for a very long time. My first time ever playing CS was my freshman year of high school in 2008 at a local LAN center. Played 1.6 and Source and loved the game even though I was AWFUL. And one of the guys who ran the LAN center would watch 1.6 tournament videos - and introduced me to Forest and Get Right - which is why they are my 2 favorite players and NiP is my favorite team. I only played maybe 3 more times at that LAN center and just stuck to Halo 3 since it was exploding at MLG and I knew so many people who played either that or CoD 4. 

When I graduated High School I got a Macbook Pro for my major (Graphic Design) and played a little bit of Source on that - but nothing too major. Once CS GO came out I had built my gaming PC and immediately started playing and following tournaments. I remember the early days of CS GO when breaking 10,000 viewers for the Grand Finals was a big deal. It's incredible to see how far the game has come. 

Played Counter Strike a shit ton on Xbox Live in Clan matches competitively. Played a little bit on PC but my setup was so shit that I got wrecked way too hard to compete. Played a lot of Source but I didn't enjoy it at all. I just recently started grinding CSGO and I'm very pleased with it. I reached Master Guardian Elite solo q'ing but I believe I'm going to have to learn a LOT more meta to be able to rank up again.

I have a serious question - it seems foreign countries all have more original ways of making their names - either keeping it simple letters like "JW" and "MC" or using a form of their own name. A lot different from American names in my opinion. Does anyone know why that is? @@Proto @@careh @@heytred @@Wonderboy @@TheSimms

Picks for tomorrow:

nV vs. TSM - TSM win 

This one is really tough to call. nV looked really good against Na'Vi and the new lineup in general is more or less a team of superstars. TSM also looked really good and are the #2 team in the world behind Fnatic. I think TSM will win 2-1 (pretty sure it's BO3) but it's going to be very close. I would say it's 60/40 TSM to win. 

Fnatic vs. Virtus Pro - Fnatic win

Another one that is tough to call. Fnatic is Fnatic and they have been on a tear for months and months - undoubtedly the best team in the world. Virtus Pro is also looking really good. If VP gets momentum and the crowd behind them, I can see them winning 2-1 in a VERY close series. Fnatic though - for the most part - are stone cold when it comes to pressure. It's rare to see them not be able to stop a team with a lot of momentum like a Virtus Pro if they go full Virtus Plow. The only time I've seen Fnatic rattled recently was Katowice this year against NiP on Inferno when NiP was getting retake after retake of every bomb site anytime Fnatic planted the bomb. Pronax looked lost in some of those later rounds and that was really the only time Fnatic looked like they could not stop their opponent and still won. I'll say Fnatic 2-1 in a very close series. 

As for the finals - if it ends up being TSM vs. Fnatic or nV vs. Fnatic - that's just a complete toss up, even with how dominant Fnatic has been. TSM and nV have shown they can be lights out and are the two teams with the absolute best shots to take down Fnatic. I would really love to see a TSM or nV win. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

Yo @@Proto I want a shocker. Expecting Fanatic and Virtus to win is a lot like Str8 Rippin or Triggers Down in 2008/2009. Let's see a Team Classic vs. Believe the Hype Finals! (For you Call of Duty guys - a Team Revenge/EnvyUs Finals!) I live for upsets and unexpected David vs. Goliath matches at tournaments! So exciting to watch. (much like Ambush vs. Str8 Rippin at Orlando 2008) My question is:

Do you think TSM or Envy can do it?

I'm a big Happy fan. That dude can make some plays. Hoping Envy takes this event.

Is anyone else noticing how the cameraman will immediately switch off of an attractive female? They are really focusing on the dudes, lol. I've seen like 4 or 5 shots where they could've zoomed in on some legs or cleavage and snapped away. Dammit, this is Twitch! They zoom in on cleavage during Baseball games on CBS, ABC, TBS, ESPNs and NBC all the time, lol. This shouldn't be censored.

They did zoom in on two girls yesterday, and I can't remember which caster went "And we also do have attractive people in the audience" or something along that line.

Also, a kioShiMa fan myself, hoping for nV to win(plus, TSM are danish, so :beyond:  them.  :ghost: ). Fnatic vs VP I hope for some #SwedishPower.

Question for you guys really involved in the CS GO scene, is there a reason why EG does not have a team?

Seems to be that every other big name org is tapping into the massive market of CS GO and EG has teams/players in a lot of other e-sports(many of which aren't as large as CS GO). Just found it a little weird. 

Just as a topic of discussion while the major is ongoing - what's everyone's Counter-Strike story? When did you first play - who was the first player/team you heard about - - how did you get into it - all that good stuff.

For me, I always wanted to play CS dating back to 1.6 but never had a PC that would be able to handle it - and I didn't know a single person who played. I would see the game in stores and always wanted to play that and a lot of other PC games but just couldn't. Plus getting the original Xbox when I was 8 with Halo One kept me on the Xbox for a very long time. My first time ever playing CS was my freshman year of high school in 2008 at a local LAN center. Played 1.6 and Source and loved the game even though I was AWFUL. And one of the guys who ran the LAN center would watch 1.6 tournament videos - and introduced me to Forest and Get Right - which is why they are my 2 favorite players and NiP is my favorite team. I only played maybe 3 more times at that LAN center and just stuck to Halo 3 since it was exploding at MLG and I knew so many people who played either that or CoD 4. 

When I graduated High School I got a Macbook Pro for my major (Graphic Design) and played a little bit of Source on that - but nothing too major. Once CS GO came out I had built my gaming PC and immediately started playing and following tournaments. I remember the early days of CS GO when breaking 10,000 viewers for the Grand Finals was a big deal. It's incredible to see how far the game has come. 

Way back in the day I played some CS1.6, got introduced to it through LANs(around 12 years ago, so 2003? I'd guess was when I first played it), which followed by me playing mostly surf maps, climb/ump maps and low gravity TD. Other than that I mostly watched minimal stuff from the NiP of old(the HeatoN and Potti NiP), been getting slowly back into CS with GO after it went on sale some months ago.

Question for you guys really involved in the CS GO scene, is there a reason why EG does not have a team?

Seems to be that every other big name org is tapping into the massive market of CS GO and EG has teams/players in a lot of other e-sports(many of which aren't as large as CS GO). Just found it a little weird. 

EG historically had a CS 1.6 team up until about 2012. They tease every so often about returning in CSGO and there have been rumors of them being in talks with various people / teams but nothing has come to fruition yet. Maybe it will happen in the future when some of the previous iBP boys get unbanned ;3

OT - Started playing in CS 1.5 introduced by some of my mates in highschool when we set it up in our IT centre. Played back-to-back 1v1's with my twin brother and online with shitty 56k throughout 1.5. Initially refused to play 1.6 on Steam until they shut down the WON servers and 1.5 was officially pronounced dead. We played every facet of the game obsessively in our friendship group and finally joined a UK league in ~2004 where we played until ~2009 in various leagues / attended a few LANs... We didn't exactly blow the doors off but we were alright and we had fun.

Played scrims with my mates in 1.6 up until the release of CSGO where a few of us fully transitioned straight away and never looked back. A few years later most of my active CS mates have transitioned over and we've gone from ~MGE to Globalz. Thinking about maybe getting back into the league/LAN stuff but it's a big ass commitment.

That dust2 was heart breaking for nV. It was destiny to play inferno as wellllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll damn.

CNHdFPAUkAAz_ic.jpg

• Upvote (+1) 1

got a cobblestone souvenir from fnatic vs virtus pro!

holy shit, it's going for 30$ on the market