CyReN

Counter-Strike Discussion

Hopefully I can catch some games.  But Hawaii vs Euro time means I'll be up all night trying to watch.  Since I don't follow CS a whole lot, how good are the US teams?  I remember in 1.6 when the US had a long stretch of dominating on the world stage.

Cloud9 is on good form over the last few months, they've taken games and series from the top European teams. They're interesting in that they got really good really quickly at 'antistratting' other teams and they've sort of created their own style out of it.

Finally all of my friendship group got global.

4900063+_a25ab5d1298399ef7785d9c881e5427

CA9V1Er.jpg

EDIT; Just a thought. How do people want the events threads? Maybe keep the majors as their own threads but have a general tournaments thread to update?

I have never felt so little confidence in my pick em challenge until this event. Going for the Gold like always but there are so many variables going into the event and the competition overall is the highest it has ever been in CS GO. The first world problems are real.

anyone know if they're going to give out those crates from watching the matches on twitch again?

nice, thanks. do you know what time the matches start in central time zone?

Tomorrow morning starts at 8 am EST - so 7 am Central time

My picks for the groups:

CMuK1iRUAAcTNKD.jpg

Anyone agree/disagree? Ballsy chosing NiP over TSM but TSM too streaky for my liking, plus the #NiPMagic. Also NaVi over Fnatic is a 50/50, but I believe in Guardian, some of his shots are just game changing.

I'm not a CS player, but when trying to watch the events I'm turned off by the highlighting of enemies through walls, it takes away a lot of excitement for me. Is that sentiment shared by anyone else? Is it kinda something I'd only appreciate if I actually played the game?

I'm not a CS player, but when trying to watch the events I'm turned off by the highlighting of enemies through walls, it takes away a lot of excitement for me. Is that sentiment shared by anyone else? Is it kinda something I'd only appreciate if I actually played the game?

I really enjoy it. Makes it very enjoyable especially when players walk by each other in smokes.

3/4 on picks so far - if Fnatic beats Na'Vi it will be 4/4. I'm hoping NiP breaks this "playing not to lose" mindset/playstyle for tomorrow. If they don't, they will not get far in the playoffs (main event). 

I'm not a fan either, but it's casual-friendly. I prefer no xray when I'm trying to analyze demos from a pro's POV.

3/4 on picks so far - if Fnatic beats Na'Vi it will be 4/4. I'm hoping NiP breaks this "playing not to lose" mindset/playstyle for tomorrow. If they don't, they will not get far in the playoffs (main event). 

4/4 all day boiz. Player picks are so random though, I'm going to give up on that until the playoffs.

Group picks for tomorrow:

Group E - Na`Vi vs. CLG/eBettle

Group F - Cloud9 vs. Kinguin/Immunity

Group G - NiP vs. Renegades/Titan

Group H - Luminosity vs. mouz/F3

Also-

4/4 all day boiz. Player picks are so random though, I'm going to give up on that until the playoffs.

Group picks for tomorrow:

Group E - Na`Vi vs. CLG/eBettle

Group F - Cloud9 vs. Kinguin/Immunity

Group G - NiP vs. Renegades/Titan

Group H - Luminosity vs. mouz/F3

Also-

Didn't even bother doing the player picks lol - way too random and hard to guess. My picks for tomorrow:

Na'Vi vs. CLG - Na'Vi advances

Cloud 9 vs. Immunity? (Really tough to pick - Kinguin is a mess to try and predict) - Cloud 9 advances

NiP vs. Titan - NiP advances

Luminosity vs. Mouz - Mouz advances

Only pick I'm not too confident on is Luminosity vs. Mouz. Luminosity played well but it's hard to take a lot from their performance against nV since they are such a new team. Mouz should advance but anything is possible. I think NiP will defeat Titan which sets up a possible NiP vs. Virtus Pro match in the playoffs - which could absolutely go anyway - even with NiP's current form. 

NiP playing to win a beautiful thing to watch. But everything that matters begins tomorrow. They need to play like this again vs Virtus Pro. It was quite obvious yesterday vs TSM they were playing to not lose - and the difference is night and day.