CyReN

Counter-Strike Discussion

i just bought the valve complete pack. went to play go and it says i need an access pass? 

Edit: nvm im a big noob. Im guessing the access pass is more maps?

And is the controller on the pc as bad as it is on the 360?

Better to learn how to use a mouse. It takes some getting use to, but you'll get the hang of it.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Better to learn how to use a mouse. It takes some getting use to, but you'll get the hang of it.

Yeah for sure. I just wanted to try the controller out. For someone who doesn't play PC games(me) i find my self doing well in terms of aim. Although i know could definitely improve on my aim. My biggest problem is the movement/keyboard

I'm stuck at le right now. I feel like ima be eagle for atleast amother month lol

LE and LEM are a bit murky really. Like you'll rank up and still be playing similarly skilled players but with a little bit more consistency until you start getting closer to Supreme.

Best thing to do is group up with as many decent players as you can with the sole intention of ploughing the game over a weekend. IMO the ranking system is pretty flawed really, this is only based on experience but it pretty much relies on being over 50% W/L (not by much mind) and then having a decent streak of games to tip you over the edge.

Ive just recently started playing this. Its my first time ever using a mouse and keyboard so its taking a while to get used to it. Its a really fun game, right now I just play arms race to try and get used to the movements and aiming. Going to watch all the tips in the OP to help get a better understanding of positioning and gun control!

I'm like 8 games into MG2 and havent lost since I hit MG1. I finally feel like I know how to play.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I'm like 8 games into MG2 and havent lost since I hit MG1. I finally feel like I know how to play.

I cant wait until I have that feeling

French Revolution:

Titan

Ex6TenZ

RpK

shox

SmithZ

Maniac

nV

Happy

NBK

kioShiMa

kennyS

apEX

I got a free 30 slot server for teamspeak if anyone wants to use it for stuff.

server address:  tx1.gamersvoip.net:10095

server password: Haloisback

I got a free 30 slot server for teamspeak if anyone wants to use it for stuff.

server address:  tx1.gamersvoip.net:10095

server password: Haloisback

Thank you so much!  :wub:

How are you guys enjoying Gamescom? I'm loving it! First tournament I've paid a lot of attention to actually, lol.

2dkeasl.jpg

5361519-ClujNapoca_Groups_1280x720.png

http://www.twitch.tv/dreamhackcs

http://open.dreamhack.se/news/297-groups-for-dreamhack-open-clujnapoca.html

http://www.twitch.tv/dreamhackcs

Prize - $250k

Format

DreamHack Open Cluj-Napoca will begin in a traditional group stage, consisting of 4 groups of 4 teams. The first team to win two matches in a row advances to the playoffs as first seed. The team to advance through the decider match will obtain second seed for the playoffs.

The playoffs will see teams advancing as first seed out of their group go up against teams advancing from their respective groups as second seed. Teams who were in the same group would only be able to meet again in the grand final.

The group stage stage will be played best-of-one map, except for the decider match, which is to be played best-of-three maps. Once reaching the playoffs, all matches will be played best-of-three maps. On top of this, there will be no matches happening simultaneously.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Group A: Fnatic Luminosity Cloud9 Vexed

Group B: TSM G2 Mouz F3

Group C: VP NiP Titan Liquid

Group D: EnvyUs NaVi CLG Dignitas

Sacrifice your Sunday to the Counter-Strike Gods

• Upvote (+1) 1

Do we have the pool system like from Katowice and other events? I want a Gold 2015 Cologne Badge hue huehue

NiP has been in all major finals, so I expect to see a Fnatic vs NiP final. #SwedishPower  :walshy:

NiP has been awful lately, unless they did well in the last month that I missed.

C9 nV fnatic (no order)

Team stickers and player signatures have been released:

33lfpkj.jpg

Player pick is really hard... Like why does Scream cost so much on the market place >_>

• Upvote (+1) 1

"font" controversy 

zomg

but seriously, this is soon, i cant wait until next weekend

also i wonder if anyone tests positive for stims/weed that weekend, that's a thing now 

also i wonder if anyone tests positive for stims/weed that weekend, that's a thing now 

I doubt any of them are dumb enough to take any anywhere near the event. Not only that but it apparently wasn't as prevelant outside of the NA scene.

I haven't been truly excited for a gaming event in a long time - senior year of college took so much out of me, gaming especially - it's been tough to get back into it with so much other stuff going on. But that NiP video got me excited and itching to play again. Cologne is going to be epic. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

NiP has been awful lately, unless they did well in the last month that I missed.

C9 nV fnatic (no order)

Counting out NiP is like counting out 2gre, I have Fnatic, NiP and TSM for top three(in that order) and then VP & nV for top 5(no order for those two). I would also assume Na'Vi will outplace C9.

If NiP wasn't 5/5 when it comes to making the finals of majors - I would say don't even put them in a discussion for Top 4 at this events. But - it's a major - and it has not matter one time how bad NiP has looked before they event - they know how to win and they show up to majors and find ways to win in the most improbable situations. Doing it at 5 majors in a row is no small feat and is more than enough to toss aside some statistics and facts when it comes to their recent play. I won't be surprised if NiP doesn't do well considering their record in the past few months but you cannot count them out at a major.

I think Friberg will make or break NiP this weekend. He has not had the greatest year and it has shown in NiPs results. Friberg needs to play his best CS of the year up to this point. If he can do that - I think that confidence will radiate through the rest of the team and be their driving force throughout the event. 

If NiP wasn't 5/5 when it comes to making the finals of majors - I would say don't even put them in a discussion for Top 4 at this events. But - it's a major - and it has not matter one time how bad NiP has looked before they event - they know how to win and they show up to majors and find ways to win in the most improbable situations. Doing it at 5 majors in a row is no small feat and is more than enough to toss aside some statistics and facts when it comes to their recent play. I won't be surprised if NiP doesn't do well considering their record in the past few months but you cannot count them out at a major.

I think Friberg will make or break NiP this weekend. He has not had the greatest year and it has shown in NiPs results. Friberg needs to play his best CS of the year up to this point. If he can do that - I think that confidence will radiate through the rest of the team and be their driving force throughout the event. 

Nip is apparently in really good form, beating everyone in the bootcamp before the event.

It's so good how the CS majors have such a small prizepool relative to the other top esports and yet they still carry so much weight because of the pride of the players. This event will be the closest it's ever been in terms of competition, almost every top8 team looks stacked at the moment. I hope nV make it to the semis at least, maybe they take on Nip at that point and I'll be happy with the result of either to go through to the finals. Fnatic / TSM would be my other pick for the semis, lets get that current rivalry realized on the biggest stage of the year.

Hopefully I can catch some games.  But Hawaii vs Euro time means I'll be up all night trying to watch.  Since I don't follow CS a whole lot, how good are the US teams?  I remember in 1.6 when the US had a long stretch of dominating on the world stage.