CyReN

Counter-Strike Discussion

I think I finally got over my slump of being bad. I finally learned how to hit people in the head more consistently :D

• Upvote (+1) 1

I think I finally got over my slump of being bad. I finally learned how to hit people in the head more consistently :D

I know the feeling. :D

I just got Promoted to MG2. Today is a good day.

• Upvote (+1) 1

About to rank up to mg1 any game now! Not the greatest accomplishment but it just feels so much better than being a Silver elite master. Dem were dark days

i'm still baffled how i ranked up to master guardian elite... i was playing like shit when we partied up since i never play this game much.

Me and frosty played a game tonight. We played 2 obvious cheaters and im still salty about it. The 2 were walling us. Kept 1 deagling us. I hate cheaters. Removes the skill gap and negates ranking. Sooo lame

We should get a 5 of us and run esea today

I'd be down to get a few people to run ESEA on weekends at this moment in time.

Just started playing a few days ago. I was wondering what kind of settings most ya'll play on? Like sensitivities, custom buttons or any specific graphic option setups i should consider. I have a very good PC too, so im pretty much free for any settings.

Just started playing a few days ago. I was wondering what kind of settings most ya'll play on? Like sensitivities, custom buttons or any specific graphic option setups i should consider. I have a very good PC too, so im pretty much free for any settings.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/12PSHqb8Vwg8rSCOkGjbbsj8iBsm8p52jOLffDc88iy8/edit?pli=1#gid=0

Basically

2-3 sens in game

raw input on in settings

mouse acceleration off in settings

Whatever resolution you're comfortable with

6 for windows sensitivity

mouse acceleration/ Enhance pointer precision off in windows settings

400-800dpi in mouse settings

After that you want maximum framerate on the highest settings you can comfortably sit over 60 fps at (hopefully much much higher)

• Upvote (+1) 1

Thanks dude. Appreciate it. @@Snipe Three

update; 2-3 sens is so slow... how the hell do people play on that? I had to go up to 5 in game + 6 in windows. Could be my mouse isn't the greatest though. Aim is definitely smoother though (with new video settings)

Maxed out ALL settings, including triple buffer, still breaking 270 fps. So that's sweet. But i need a PC gaming monitor now, my 60hz console monitor just wont do.

update; 2-3 sens is so slow... how the hell do people play on that? I had to go up to 5 in game + 6 in windows. Could be my mouse isn't the greatest though. Aim is definitely smoother though (with new video settings)

Its their mouse/mouse pad. Depending on what you're using a good sens to look for is moving your mouse from one side of the mouse pad to the other causes around a 360 degree turn. I personally play on like 1000 dpi with 3 sens but that's because I finger tip grip the mouse and its pretty much 100% wrist motion rather than moving my entire arm like most people. Weird habit after not having a big enough area to put a mouse down on for years

• Upvote (+1) 1

Maxed out ALL settings, including triple buffer, still breaking 270 fps. So that's sweet. But i need a PC gaming monitor now, my 60hz console monitor just wont do.

I've always played the standard for CS which is 400-450dpi, 2-2.2 sensitivity. Generally it produces a lot more consistency aiming over a variety of ranges and also controlling recoil.

Below is my personal config. Highlighted green is the stuff that's either worth having as standard or worth playing with (hud scaling etc). Binds are in there as well but each to their own how you want them setup.

//careh's autoexec, add to launch options -novid -high

//video settings widescreen 16:9 1920x1080

// misc

hud_scaling "0.7"

volume "0.2"

cl_righthand "1"

cl_autowepswitch "0"

gameinstructor_enable "0"

cl_autohelp "0"

cl_showhelp "0"

cl_disablefreezecam "1"

//Mouse

m_rawinput "1"

m_mousespeed "0"

sensitivity "2"

zoom_sensitivity_ratio_mouse "1.0"

//Radar - full map view

cl_radar_scale "0.3"

cl_radar_always_centered "0"

//Damage text on screen after death

developer 1

con_filter_enable 2

con_filter_text_out "Player:"

con_filter_text "damage"

//REMOVE GUN TRACERS - your own tracers

r_drawtracers_firstperson "0"

//MAX PING FOR MATCHMAKING

mm_dedicated_search_maxping "85"

// sets interpolation values.

cl_cmdrate "128"

cl_updaterate "128"

rate "128000"

cl_interp "0"

cl_interp_ratio "1"

cl_forcepreload "1"

// sets binds

bind "KP_LEFTARROW" "buy incgrenade;buy molotov"

bind "KP_5" "buy decoy"

bind "KP_RIGHTARROW" "buy hegrenade"

bind "KP_UPARROW" "buy flashbang;buy flashbang"

bind "KP_PGUP" "buy smokegrenade"

bind "`" "toggleconsole"

bind "," "buy vest"

bind "." "buy vesthelm"

bind "F3" "buy p250"

bind "F4" "buy ak47; buy m4a1"

bind "MOUSE3" "+voicerecord"

bind "MWHEELUP" "+jump"

bind "MWHEELDOWN" "+jump"

bind "o" "buy defuser"

bind "v" "+voicerecord"

bind "MOUSE3" "+voicerecord"

bind "F1"  "voice_enable 0;echo VOICE_MUTED"

bind "F2"  "voice_enable 1;echo VOICE_ENABLED"

// sets crosshair

cl_crosshair_drawoutline "0"

cl_crosshair_outlinethickness "1"

cl_crosshairalpha "200"

cl_crosshaircolor "4"

cl_crosshaircolor_b "50"

cl_crosshaircolor_g "250"

cl_crosshaircolor_r "50"

cl_crosshairdot "1"

cl_crosshairgap "0"

cl_crosshairscale "1"

cl_crosshairsize "3"

cl_crosshairstyle "4"

cl_crosshairthickness "1.15"

cl_crosshairusealpha "1"

// sets netgraph

net_graph "1"

net_graphheight "64"

net_graphmsecs "400"

net_graphpos "1"

net_graphproportionalfont "0"

net_graphshowinterp "1"

net_graphshowlatency "1"

net_graphshowsvframerate "0"

net_graphsolid "1"

net_graphtext "1"

net_scale "5"

echo EXEC CONFIG COMPLETE

http://www.twitch.tv/faceittv

Team Kinguin's first game. LETSGOOOOOOOOOOOOooooooooooooooo

• Upvote (+1) 1

Me and frosty played a game tonight. We played 2 obvious cheaters and im still salty about it. The 2 were walling us. Kept 1 deagling us. I hate cheaters. Removes the skill gap and negates ranking. Sooo lame

If the cheaters are convicted by overwatch or VAC'd, the game is nulled. So unless the cheaters are smart and only play 2 games every 24 hours with a premade 5-queue (making the maximum number of reports they receive 10), they won't be added to the overwatch queue. However, VAC bans will catch them in time. Recently some of the biggest paid hacks were detected and many were banned.

Those partied up with cheaters lose all of the wins that they got while playing with the cheaters and they temporarily lose their rank. They'll need to play one game to get a rank back, and most of the time it is lower than the rank they lost.

Cheating becomes more frequent as you reach DMG - LEM, which is where cheaters usually land after their fresh accounts get 10 wins and placed into a rank.

So while I think it definitely influences some ranks, I haven't had too many games where it was obvious people didn't belong in that rank.

Anyways, I'm always looking to play PUGs or MM with people. I'm currently DMG.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/BRFiveOne/

Just got MGE boys we are on the come up out here.

tumblr_n8sjv65W9W1tfljgho1_500.gif

The guys I play with have slowly started to rank up. Soon™...