CyReN

Counter-Strike Discussion

Get Right played outstanding. And once again, when it mattered, NiP turned the fuck up - and f0rest in particular.

I was halfway to becoming a human vegetable during Nuke. I'm now slowly recovering. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

If you guys have not done so already, be sure to tune into the POV streams and you can listen in on the teams communications. 

http://www.twitch.tv/esl_pov1

NiP is currently pov1, EnVy is pov2 (NiPs comms are absolutely hilarious at times while also being extremely interesting when in game so listening to them might be a good idea lol) 

I just started watching CS during the last few weeks and wow...this event is HUGE! The fans/community in Katowice seem awesomely positive towards everybody, even after Fnatic knocked out VP. Very good to see in eSports 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Nip vs fnatic tomorrow

It's gonna be a good one boys

I'm rooting for nip cause I've been a forest fan since 1.6

Best CS streams to watch for someone finally deciding to learn CS? Know a little bit, but not enough to play even close to a remotely high level 

Best CS streams to watch for someone finally deciding to learn CS? Know a little bit, but not enough to play even close to a remotely high level 

Adren is a great streamer to watch. Shroud and n0thing from Cloud 9 are also great when they stream. Most of the pro players are great to watch because they answer questions and do some commentary while playing. Definitely check out some of the YouTube videos at the beginning of the thread as well. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

NiP played well and deserve to be in their 5th Major final. That being said:

315efsm.jpg

33op3xc.jpg

Youtube content is the best if you're looking to solely improve you game (Proto has done a really good job ordering them in the OP). If you want to generally improve by learning the meta just watching the broadcasts from LAN tournaments / online league games is the best way.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Amazing event, and probably the best finals we've seen in CS GO so far - which gets said after every major. I am a proud NiP fanboy, but congrats to Fnatic. Dropping 1 map the entire tournament and overall outstanding play. Olofmeister was MVP of the tournament for sure. 

Allu also really stepped it up big time in those final 2 maps. With more time, NiP is going to be unbelievably scary with him on the team. Love the Ninjas - the heart that those guys have for the community and the game is unparalleled <3 

I screamed at my monitor probably just about as loud as Get_Right did when friberg pulled this off. 

https://streamable.com/4gwm

Seeing Get_Right scream like that - just pure fucking emotion. It's a beautiful thing to see. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

j5i2w2.jpg

Olof MVP for sure.

Anyone see Hastro's thoughts on CS:GO to COD?

COD should not go down the route of SnD only, it would literally become a poor mans CS and lose appeal.

COD should absolutely tie in viewer rewards.

COD should keep grinding at production, that's what CS does and continues to do.

CSGO has three major community funded events a year verses COD's single developer / publisher funded championship. Not only that but COD usually broadcasts on MLG.tv, well out of the way of the mainstream game viewing audience on Twitch.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Well deserved, they were a step ahead this tournament. I so wanted that NiP comeback as did everyone aha. Great tournament, had a lot of fun, and its great to see that crowd!

Well deserved, they were a step ahead this tournament. I so wanted that NiP comeback as did everyone aha. Great tournament, had a lot of fun, and its great to see that crowd!

What did he say? lol

Btw... THIS IS E MOTHERFUCKING SPORTS!!!!

arenan.jpg

• Upvote (+1) 1