CyReN

Counter-Strike Discussion

what are the top teams in cs right now?

also, what happened to hiko on c9? shazam is one troll ass kid

Fnatic and Envy are the Top 2 teams right now - going off the X Games, NiP would be 3rd but now after picking up Allu and dropping Maikelele, it's tough to say where they stand. 

As for Hiko - according to him it was issues within the team but then when people such as n0thing have commented on what he said - he has hinted at Hiko being far from the perfect teammate. So overall just a messy situation and he was out. He was supposed to join the new iBP that dropped Steel and AZK a while back that shuffled up the NA scene but then the betting scandal hit and that threw another wrench into everything. 

Hey yall, I recently got really heavy into this game (within the last month). Unfortunately I am complete trash, since I have never played CS before. I also moved to Asia recently, so I'm on the Asian server.

Any players in Asia that want to play with me? I'm on most days after 1400 GMT.

logotext.png

twc.e-frag.net/info.php

Nations tournament, $100k guaranteed with crowd funding to bump up the prize pool.

8th – 11th October, 2015

Six regions in contention - Europe, North America, South America, Africa, Asia and Oceania, online regional championship.

16 qualified teams for LAN.

EDIT; also deranking hard at the moment, at DMG currently. If anyone wants to play (forgive my aim) gimme an add

http://steamcommunity.com/id/thecareh/

EDIT2;

• Upvote (+1) 1

Made a graphic displaying my Katowice 2015 Group Stage Predictions. Greyed out obviously means I predict they lose that match up.

What's everyone else's predictions?

t4v7uh.jpg

• Upvote (+1) 1

Just a few more days until the event kicks off and I'm already excited. Here are my predictions.

Group A: Fnatic & Na'Vi

Group B: Envy & Titan

Group C: NiP & Hellraisers

Group D: Virtus Pro & TSM 

I know I know, 0 upsets or anything like. The one place I could see an upset happening is Group B with Titan because Titan is so historic for being such an inconsistent team. KennyS is playing the best CS GO we have ever seen a player play, but the rest of Titan needs to step it up around him this weekend. 

Also - Team DANK MEMES fantasy lineup heading into this weekend!

4c297123f3812a6b017e1bf69f7040d4.png

• Upvote (+1) 1

Oh - and my special article that I have been working on for a while now will be posted tomorrow so be on the look for it ;) you guys will like it. 

• Upvote (+1) 3

Awesome guide @@Proto!  Im really excited for the event and I hope I will learn some stuff. The article itself came a bit too late, or better I started to play CS a bit too early. Ive put a lot of time into the game the last two weeks and pretty much learned the topics you have addressed already :D

Nonetheless great article and again, Im pumped!

Oh - and my special article that I have been working on for a while now will be posted tomorrow so be on the look for it ;) you guys will like it. 

3soP2BP.jpg

It's so looooooooooooooooong I love it.

2r43jp3.jpg

• Upvote (+1) 1

3soP2BP.jpg

It's so looooooooooooooooong I love it.

My paranoia as far as getting everything correct and accurate kept me up some nights hahaha quadruple checking just about everything - last second changes - everything lmao. Reception has been good so far so I'm hoping a lot more people will watch the event this weekend :)

• Upvote (+1) 3

Titan pushed Envy to the wire today. Fnatic looked badass just now.

Would I be right in saying Counter Strike dont have a undisputed GOAT like 2gre?

Titan pushed Envy to the wire today. Fnatic looked badass just now.

Would I be right in saying Counter Strike dont have a undisputed GOAT like 2gre?

Not someone who was there from the very start and dominant over all titles no. Get_Right / f0rest would probably be the closest being that they dominated in periods of the latter part of CS1.6 and then had pretty much the full first year of CSGO without losing a single game on LAN.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Not someone who was there from the very start and dominant over all titles no. Get_Right / f0rest would probably be the closest being that they dominated in periods of the latter part of CS1.6 and then had pretty much the full first year of CSGO without losing a single game on LAN.

Yeah Ive heard about them two alright. 250K on Twitch and 350K on another website I believe. Crazy numbers.

I really want to get into it CS myself. Just need to build a Desk Top.

Yeah Ive heard about them two alright. 250K on Twitch and 350K on another website I believe. Crazy numbers.

I really want to get into it CS myself. Just need to build a Desk Top.

It counts all the twitch streams dedicated to that match and also the people that are watching through GOTV in the game.

It counts all the twitch streams dedicated to that match and also the people that are watching through GOTV in the game.

Its an EU dominated game isnt it?

Its an EU dominated game isnt it?

Technically, yes, but right now the level of play and competition is at the highest it has ever been. NA teams are improving and have already caused some upsets this event. Granted these are best of 1s - it's still signs of NA's improvement. But for the most part, yes the game's top teams are all EU teams. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

katowice2015_day3.jpg

If NiP defeat TSM then the semis will include all 4 teams that have won a major!

Day 1 stats

1426215716.2045.jpeg

Day 2 stats

1426299778.2968.jpeg

• Upvote (+1) 1

N I P. N I P. N I P. N I P.

Today's pick em challenge was so unbelivablely hard. My head says Fnatic, my heart says Virtus Pro (especially in front of that crowd). 

And if NiP beats TSM to play EnVy - EnVy has had NiPs number for months and months now. They might not be the Top 2 teams in the world right now, but a NiP vs. VP final would be incredible. We would have our first time major champion and it would be a rematch of the EMS One major just one year ago. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

Great showing from KeyD yesterday. Surprised a lot of people, def something to keep an eye out in the future.

Lets see NiP reck this QF! That would be huge, them vs Envy in semis!

OK, we got a real match! Nuke is going to be crazy, two teams clashing on a map they're both good at. Got to give it to Ninja's though even though the pressure is on.

EDIT;

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

EDIT; obligatory stream bump

• Upvote (+1) 2