CyReN

Counter-Strike Discussion

@@TheSpinCycle I added you. Username has only two Z's, I made a mistake.

Anyways, I played 3 competitive matches so far, and they were super fun, definitely ignited my passion for gaming again. But I am locked out for 21 hours due to skill calibration? lame

I'm loving this game! Improving in a game like this feels really rewarding. It's hard to tell myself I need to shut it off and go to bed. Also I finally opened a few of the cases I had and I got an AK-47 Vulcan! Thing is selling for $100 right now!

• Upvote (+1) 1

If anyone is looking to pug or play match making hit me up on steam. I have a couple of dedicated servers as well as a mumble channel. Steam ID: obby4567

JV9Muqh.png

Offline qualifier for the £250k major in March. Expect massive upsets as these hungry teams claw each others eyes out for your entertainment.

http://www.esl-one.com/csgo/katowice-2015/news/the-esl-one-katowice-offline-qualifier-groups-and-schedule/

Feb 14th-15th - http://www.hltv.org/news/14219-groups-for-katowice-qualifier

Group A
Titan    
LGB eSports    
Team Liquid
ex-ESC Gaming    
Counter Logic Gaming
Flipsid3 Tactics
Copenhagen Wolves
PiTER-ONLINE

Group B
Cloud9
Team Dignitas
3DMAX
KaBuM.TD
mousesports
Vox Eminor
ESC Gaming
INSHOCK

1423522644.7561.jpeg

Online invite tournament for the winners of the previous Valve majors. I think all these top teams are sorted in terms of DDOS protection so expect awesome matches.

Feb 16th-17th

Double elimination online bo3

Prize - 1st $12,000 2nd $3,000

Teams

France.gif EnVyUs

Sweden.gif Fnatic
Sweden.gif Nip
Poland.gif Virtus Pro

Hey @@XaVi3r great game man :)

Hey same to you man! Thanks for letting my noob self tag along! I didn't realize until the game was over that I had muted my mic :( and I was talking to no one haha.

Competitive play is super intense!

• Upvote (+1) 1

Hey same to you man! Thanks for letting my noob self tag along! I didn't realize until the game was over that I had muted my mic :( and I was talking to no one haha.

Competitive play is super intense!

Yeah, it's definitely more serious than casual and deathmatch, and it's definitely a great way to get better. Especially since we were in a lobby with other people (lobbies tend to be more communicative, all have mics, work together more, etc). When I solo queue I find the game can occasionally get frustrating (when people don't communicate, when they bait or camp on T side, and so forth). Getting a decently sized friends list so you can always have at least 2-3 good teammates online and available to play is a big plus.

• Upvote (+1) 1

How does the party matching system work in comp? If you search in 2s, will you match other 2s? What about 5s?

Purely from experience I don't think it preferences teams of any size, just works off the overall skill level of both groups of players.

I got 5 quick kills with an AUG I picked up off the ground and got kicked for "aim botting".

Not even mad. It almost brought a tear to my eye that enough people thought my aim was that on point.

I really, really regret stopping playing over the Summer when I finally got AK 1. Now back in Gold Nova 2 - the smurfs and the blatant cheaters/hackers - just pushed me over the edge to a 24 hour competitive ban. Absolutely no point in playing matchmaking like this. It has become undeniably frustrating because of how much I love this game but holy shit Silver through the Gold Nova ranks are almost completely unplayable and it is so fucking sad to see. 

ESL One Cologne $250,000 without Valve funding! Given that ESL have 3 CSGO majors it wouldn't be a surprise if Valve matched it.

Lanxess-Arena.jpg

August 22nd / 23rd, Lanxess Arena

• Upvote (+1) 3

Hello 

Im not sure if this is the right place but I have a question.

I have bought CSGO last weekend and I really want to learn the game. Ive already wachted severeal videos and read some guides but I am looking for someone who might be willing to teach me some stuff or just someone I can ask some questions about the game. 
CSGO is pretty much my first PC Shooter (played the Crysis 1 campaign a few times) and besides Halo is Bad Company 2 (both on Xbox) the only other Shooter I have ever played online. So you can say I am a complete noob haha.

So I would really appreciate it if someone could help me out. Maybe to show me some stuff in "custom games" or might even dont mind playing a few rounds with a complete beginner :D. But my main thing is that I have someone with knowledge who doesnt mind awnsering my noob questions^^

Im 21 years old and from Germany and Im a bit shy when it comes to talking English lol. 

Thank you :)

Hello 

Im not sure if this is the right place but I have a question.

I have bought CSGO last weekend and I really want to learn the game. Ive already wachted severeal videos and read some guides but I am looking for someone who might be willing to teach me some stuff or just someone I can ask some questions about the game. 

CSGO is pretty much my first PC Shooter (played the Crysis 1 campaign a few times) and besides Halo is Bad Company 2 (both on Xbox) the only other Shooter I have ever played online. So you can say I am a complete noob haha.

So I would really appreciate it if someone could help me out. Maybe to show me some stuff in "custom games" or might even dont mind playing a few rounds with a complete beginner :D. But my main thing is that I have someone with knowledge who doesnt mind awnsering my noob questions^^

Im 21 years old and from Germany and Im a bit shy when it comes to talking English lol. 

Thank you :)

Hey BlaiN - I would love to jump into some games and help you out but right now I am unbelievably busy with school and other stuff going on so I can't for right now :( BUT - the first major CS GO event of 2015 is coming up in 3 weeks - and I am working on a big article for the event that will have a lot of content in it for newer players or viewers looking to watch their first competitive Counter Strike event. Keep an eye out for it during the week of March 9, as the event is that weekend, March 12-15. The article will go live a few days or the day before the event begins :) 

• Upvote (+1) 3

sup fellas. i don't play this game much, but i'd like to get back into it. if anyone wants to play sometime send me a friend request- just search sbk and it should be the first one to come up.

i think my rank was one of the ak47s with ( ) around it. i don't know the name, but yeah that's where i placed a while back if anyone is wondering. i've been playing cs on and off since around 2006.

i'm down to play with anyone of any rank.

Its a shame smurfs just ruin matchmaking.

Also whos idea was it to allow a team of 5 go up against 5 randoms in competitive? Someone took a page out of the 343 notebook

119w0nd.jpg

Sorry nip lovers, I took your skinz ;''{

That P2000 Ocean Foam

Kreygasm. 

Its a shame smurfs just ruin matchmaking.

Also whos idea was it to allow a team of 5 go up against 5 randoms in competitive? Someone took a page out of the 343 notebook

I dunno man, I think smurfing is a bit wildly exaggerated (~LE / LEM experience). It's sort of the nature of the beast, you're always going to have players that are individually better or are for that game are having a good performance. I've been in plenty of games that are evenly matched overall and people are too quick to jump to accusing.

EDIT; also I lose a LOT of games going in as a majority team. Knowing the people you play with too well can sometimes be a hindrance e.g.

That P2000 Ocean Foam

Kreygasm. 

I switched to the usp as soon as they released it so I don't know if I will switch back, if I did it would be for the ST fire elemental p2000 (if they ever decrease in price ;{). This month I did switch back to the m4a4 (again first time since they implemented the m4a1-s), sad to say but it was for a particular skin hahahaha

maxresdefault.jpg

EDIT; looooooooooooooooool

• Upvote (+1) 2

I dunno man, I think smurfing is a bit wildly exaggerated (~LE / LEM experience). It's sort of the nature of the beast, you're always going to have players that are individually better or are for that game are having a good performance. I've been in plenty of games that are evenly matched overall and people are too quick to jump to accusing.

Basically talking about those guys with 24 hours on CS:GO and HARD carrying the other team. Also on the point of playing with a full team its so much easier to win rounds when every person is going to be making calls and on the same page. Randoms in MM just do not work as a team or use their mics for that matter. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

I switched to the usp as soon as they released it so I don't know if I will switch back, if I did it would be for the ST fire elemental p2000 (if they ever decrease in price ;{). This month I did switch back to the m4a4 (again first time since they implemented the m4a1-s), sad to say but it was for a particular skin hahahaha

I went back and forth for a while over the Summer between the USP and the P2000 and I settled on the P2000 eventually. As much as I love the USP, something about the P2000 just feels right for me. But every now and then I do switch it up and use the USP for a few games so I don't get too rusty with it :P

what are the top teams in cs right now?

also, what happened to hiko on c9? shazam is one troll ass kid