CyReN

Counter-Strike Discussion

RTEmagicC_champions.jpg.jpg

ESL One Katowice

CSGO's first Major of 2015.

An offline qualifier (Febury 13th - 14th) will take place after online qualifiers. The event itself takes place March 12th - 15th with a $250,000 prize pool.

http://www.esl-one.com/csgo/katowice-2015/

Qualified teams:

fr.gif LDLC

se.gif NiP

pl.gif Virtus.pro

ua.gif Na`Vi

se.gif fnatic

de.gif PENTA

ua.gif HellRaisers

dk.gif dignitas

Kotowice 2014:

aspenheader.jpg

http://tv.majorleaguegaming.com/channel/csgo?mlg_source=hpalert

Schedule: http://www.hltv.org/news/14035-mlg-x-games-aspen-viewers-guide

Groups: http://www.hltv.org/?pageid=216&eventid=1600

Location = Aspen, Colorado

Dates = January 23-25

Prizes = $50,000 (Top 4 Teams)

Teams = 8

• 1 Invited North American Team
  • 2 Invited European Teams
  • 2 North America Qualifier Winners
  • 2 Europe Qualifier Winners
  • 1 Brazil Qualifier Winner

I hope that you all just watched the NiP vs. Fnatic series. If not, you guys missed one of the best series in CS GO history.

I can't wrap my head around what I just watched. 

tumblr_myn607Ss2B1s2twmwo4_500.gif

Final games start at 5:00pm GMT with the bronze medal game first and the finals following at 7:30pm GMT.

• Upvote (+1) 3

tumblr_myn607Ss2B1s2twmwo4_500.gif

Final games start at 5:00pm GMT with the bronze medal game first and the finals following at 7:30pm GMT.

Thank you! i missed it aha

Absolutely wrecked. Massive shame Steel was in the mix, what fucking idiots...

The precedent needed setting I guess.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I don't know much about CS so can someone explain to me what they actually did? Did they fix their matches or were they betting on their matches or something?

I don't know much about CS so can someone explain to me what they actually did? Did they fix their matches or were they betting on their matches or something?

They bet against themselves in a match in August. They were like 20% to win or something. They made around $10,000 off of in game skins from the match fixing

• Upvote (+1) 1

Here's the whole story

http://www.dailydot.com/esports/match-fixing-counter-strike-ibuypower-netcode-guides/

They had a match scheduled against a team they easily should of beat, they had a third party bet weapon skins (that are worth real money) that the other team would win, they threw the match and as a result earned 10k worth of weapon skins for doing so

They basically stole from innocent fans, skim that article tho, it's very informative and interesting

I WAS a IBP fan so this is pretty shitty news

• Upvote (+1) 1

Here's the whole story

http://www.dailydot.com/esports/match-fixing-counter-strike-ibuypower-netcode-guides/

They had a match scheduled against a team they easily should of beat, they had a third party bet weapon skins (that are worth real money) that the other team would win, they threw the match and as a result earned 10k worth of weapon skins for doing so

They basically stole from innocent fans, skim that article tho, it's very informative and interesting

I WAS a IBP fan so this is pretty shitty news

Ohhhh ok gotcha, thanks. When I read the snippet I was like "who gives a shit about weapon skins" lol. But since they are worth money I get it now. 

Wonder who will step up in the NA scene now. Hoping JDM can play well at clutchcon with SKDC, always been one of my favourite players.

Changes have been made to Overpass in the latest patch!

5c1BttX.png

fmigsFM.png

3PIMfqh.png

Link to the patch notes!

• Upvote (+1) 1

A few bits in there that could be beneficial for most skill levels.

Adren puts out great vids to help you improve. Also enjoy Steels content even though he's banned now.

Tried playing CS:GO last night for about the first time... or at least the first time I actually tried hard..... I am straight up awful. This game is insanely hard. I have played CS in the past but never things other than huge servers of Office 24/7 which is a night and day difference.

If anyone from Beyond is also terrible and looking to play let me know. I would hate to drag down good players but having some folks to play with would be cool.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Tried playing CS:GO last night for about the first time... or at least the first time I actually tried hard..... I am straight up awful. This game is insanely hard. I have played CS in the past but never things other than huge servers of Office 24/7 which is a night and day difference.

If anyone from Beyond is also terrible and looking to play let me know. I would hate to drag down good players but having some folks to play with would be cool.

I am in the exact same boat as you. My steam is WIIZZAARD. Add me and we can learn together.
  • Upvote (+1) 1

I am in the exact same boat as you. My steam is WIIZZZAARD. Add me and we can learn together.

For some reason I can't find you on steam when I put that name in.

Hey man if your looking for some one to play with I'd be totally down to help you out. Been playing cs since 1.5.
  • Upvote (+1) 1

I am in the exact same boat as you. My steam is WIIZZZAARD. Add me and we can learn together.

Hey man if your looking for some one to play with I'd be totally down to help you out. Been playing cs since 1.5.

I'm terrible and trying to get into CS too, let's figure this stuff out :) steam: thespincycle

@@WIIZZZAARD Did you spell that wrong? No one shows up for that username, but with two Zs, 2 people show up. Or is it the is and Ls that are messing with me?