CyReN

Counter-Strike Discussion

I also just added some beginner videos to the OP as well. I'll try and add some more as well as some top frag movies later this week. 

• Upvote (+1) 3

sweet nice updated OP. I'm a new CSGO player and stuff like this helps. Makes me wonder about the struggles of new halo players trying to get competitive.

sweet nice updated OP. I'm a new CSGO player and stuff like this helps. Makes me wonder about the struggles of new halo players trying to get competitive.

For sure. 

It reminds me of playing on xbc back in the day, it took me a month to win a 2v2. Oh but when I did....the joy. I can remember the first killing spree, triple kill, killtac, all that. They were milestones showing you your progress.

Im very glad to have that feeling again with cs, I thought it was long gone. 

I never ever ever care about this kind of thing, as my own spelling and grammar is pretty poor

bud dude its ATMOSPHERE...pls never spell it like that again haha :p

As far as I can see you understand me perfectly??

It is spelled like that because I used the dutch word by accident. Its my native language.

That said I really dont care about spelling/grammar

• Upvote (+1) 1

Nice work proto and all for updating the OP! 

For any who have not seen this:

I love the minimal editing compared to some halo montages I have seen.

• Upvote (+1) 1

As far as I can see you understand me perfectly??

It is spelled like that because I used the dutch word by accident. Its my native language.

That said I really dont care about spelling/grammar

Yea man I dont really care, just giving you a hard time. Sorry if it came off as overly rude.

Updated the OP once again - added some new tip videos and a lot of frag movies - my personal favorites mostly which just happen to be some of the best CS GO frag movies out there lol. I know I definitely missed some videos to add so I'll try to add more when I can 

<3 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Wow, looking back it's insane to see the progress from last years Dreamhack to this year - everything is quite literally 3 times bigger. Really shows what can happen when a developer and community grabs their game by the balls.

End of year frag movies should start rolling in shortly. 2015 is the time for a Global Offensive.

http://www.esports.gg/csgos-high-growth-rate-in-2014/

• Upvote (+1) 3

Wow, looking back it's insane to see the progress from last years Dreamhack to this year - everything is quite literally 3 times bigger. Really shows what can happen when a developer and community grabs their game by the balls.

End of year frag movies should start rolling in shortly. 2015 is the time for a Global Offensive.

http://www.esports.gg/csgos-high-growth-rate-in-2014/

CSGOVsDota21.png

This picture should be the poster for dev support without valves 42 (holy shit) patches this game is dead period.

This picture should be the poster for dev support without valves 42 (holy shit) patches this game is dead period.

For sure. Thing is even the period before where the population is slowly rising from flat-lining Valve were steadily updating / improving the game.

1. Work hard to make a fun game
  2. Create interest for people to have a play
  3. Profit

Watching ESEA this weekend has made me miss watching and playing Train more than I already did :( 

For sure. Thing is even the period before where the population is slowly rising from flat-lining Valve were steadily updating / improving the game.

3. Profit

I know one thing after a release like CS had and the resurgence in players and popularity that this kind of thing can ONLY happen on PC. With steam sales and how the game is literally 5 dollars every couple weeks it would never happen on a game like halo on console. It just isnt as easily accessible to people. Even if they drop the price the lowest I see them going is $30. This is a serious problem and I think that 343/M$ should do a Christmas sale for the game digitally for about 15$ it might piss people off who bought the game at launch broken but they kind of need something like that to regain play count alittle.

3. Profit

For number 2, does anyone know the date on when csgo lounge and skin betting took off? I think the betting has a decent effect on how many people pay attention and play the game. 

MAPS

GAMEPLAY

• CZ75-Auto adjustments
    • Magazine size has been reduced to 8 and reserve ammo is now 16 (3 mags total).
    • Damage has been reduced slightly.
    • Firing rate has been reduced slightly
    • The CZ75-Auto takes nearly twice as long to draw, and has an updated draw animation.
    • Kill reward is now 1/3.
    • Updated the weapon description.
  • Increased price of M4A1-S to $3100
  • Reduced price of Desert Eagle to $700
  • Updated the Tec-9 firing sound.
  • Fixed M4A1-S muzzle flash showing through smoke.
  • Fixed not being able to defuse the bomb in some cases where it was planted on a ledge and the player attempting to defuse was standing next to it on the ground (e.g. the fountain in Cobblestone).
  • Fixed a case on community servers where a player would get income after the first round when they should not.

UI

• Team equipment value now correctly accounts for cost of CZ75-Auto and for two flashbangs.
  • "Assists" on teammate kills no longer get counted in scoreboard.
  • Added some new holiday freeze-cam borders and the holiday cheer has been re-enabled - Happy holidays!

MISC

• Gifts have been re-enabled.
  • Released a new set of stickers (available now as offers), and put some music kits on sale.
  • Fixed a few localization errors
  • Fixed a typo in the game mode descriptions.
  • Fixed several exploits in the engine.
  • Upvote (+1) 1

Finally watched the dreamhack finals with nip vs ldlc.  That inferno games was bonkers.  Nip's CT is beast when they're on.  I think maikalele was an awesome addition to nip. They didn't really have a dedicated awper but now they have a beast.

Rumors of a new Winter eSports Case being released tonight are floating around - if you are looking to buy any guns, tonight MIGHT be the night to buy them. Gun prices drop big time whenever new cases come out. If it is true, I'll be looking to grab another StatTrak M4A1 Guardian for a little cheaper than usual. 

Steels first tut after getting pissed watching War Owl:

Worth watching if you're getting into CS and want to improve. Added to OP.

• Upvote (+1) 1