CyReN

Counter-Strike Discussion

If pro's are cheating that is just sad. Didn't one cheat in a LAN tourney? lmfao

The cheat that was being used had the capacity to be used discretely so there's a possibility. It's a nightmare either way. Easily one of Thorin's best videos on the subject:

• Upvote (+1) 1

csgo_v1_w700_h247.png

Dreamhack Winter

http://www.twitch.tv/dreamhackcs

http://www.twitch.tv/faceittv

HLTV fantasy

Official page

Location: DreamHack Winter 2014, Hall B, Elmia, Jönköping, Sweden
Sponsors: HyperX, Roccat & Bredbandsbolaget
Partners: Inferno Online, Nordic Choice & Björks Buss

No. of teams: 16
Tournament format: Group stage (4 groups with 4 teams) played in Dual Elimination style BO1. Top-2 advance. Single elimination Playoffs BO3.

Prize pool: $250,000
Prize distribution:
1. $100,000
2. $50,000
3-4. $22,000
5-8. $10,000
9-16. $2,000

Map pool: de_inferno, de_dust2, de_cache, de_nuke, de_mirage, de_cobblestone, de_overpass

Casters: 

Semmler

Anders

Fifflarren

Tosspot

Panel:

Sir Scoots

Thoorin

Stage Host:

James Duffield

Schedule

[Central European Time]

Group A:

Thursday, 27th of November 2014
10:30 Warm-up
12:00 Group A1 – Fnatic vs. Bravado Gaming
13:00 Group A.2 – Cloud 9
 vs. HellRaisers
14:00 Group A.3 – Winner vs. Winner
15:00 Group A.4 – Loser vs. Loser
16:00 Group A.5 – A.3 Loser vs. A.4. Winner

Group B
10:30 Warm-up
12:00 Group B.1 – Team Dignitas vs. PENTA Sports
13:00 Group B.2 – iBUYPOWER vs. Copenhagen Wolves
14:00 Group B.3 – Winner vs. Winner
15:00 Group B.4 – Loser vs. Loser
16:00 Group B.5 – B.3 Loser vs. B.4. Winner

Group C
17.00 Warm-up
18:30 Group C.1 – LDLC vs. ESC Gaming
19:30 Group C.2 – NiP-Gaming vs. Planetkey Dynamics
20:30 Group C.3 – Winner vs. Winner
21:30 Group C.4 – Loser vs. Loser
22:30 Group C.5 – C.3 Loser vs. C.4. Winner

Group D
17.00 Warm-up
18:30 Group D.1 – Virtus.Pro vs. myXMG
19:30 Group D.2 – Na’Vi vs. Flipsid3
20:30 Group D.3 – Winner vs. Winner
21:30 Group D.4 – Loser vs. Loser
22:30 Group D.5 – D.3 Loser vs. D.4. Winner

Playoffs
Friday, 28th of November 2014
10.00 Round of 8 – Match #1 (BO3)
13.30 Round of 8 – Match #2 (BO3)
17.00 Round of 8 – Match #3 (BO3)
20.30 Round of 8 – Match #4 (BO3)

Saturday, 29th of November 2014
13.00 Semifinal #1 (BO3)
16.30 Semifinal #2 (BO3)
21.00 Grand Final (BO3)

• Upvote (+1) 1

Getting up at 4:30 tomorrow morning is going to be rough but worth it. DreamHack Winter is always one of the best eSports events of the year - no matter what games are present. A CS GO major just makes it so much better. 

Been playing the hell out of this and really getting into it.

Finally got the balls to go into competitive.....teammates voted to kick me :(  Man this sucks....im unranked and its going to take a couple weeks to get a rank, how do I not let my teammates (higher ranked, w/e) down....just not play?

Been playing the hell out of this and really getting into it.

Finally got the balls to go into competitive.....teammates voted to kick me :(  Man this sucks....im unranked and its going to take a couple weeks to get a rank, how do I not let my teammates (higher ranked, w/e) down....just not play?

Gotta get better, play more casual games first. Also, start your first competitive games with Dust. Dust is a good and easy map to get for beginners.

• Upvote (+1) 3

I bought this awhile back and played a couple games using a controller but I remember the support for it wasn't really there and I stopped playing it entirely.

With MCC being broken I was thinking of picking this game up again but playing with a M&KB. Only problem is i've never played any game on a PC with a M&KB outside of MOBA's and the occassional MMO.

How hard is the learning curve with a mouse? I'm kinda worried itll take months before I even get decent and I don't want to get destroyed early on every game while playing or is that what's supposed to happen?

• Upvote (+1) 1

I bought this awhile back and played a couple games using a controller but I remember the support for it wasn't really there and I stopped playing it entirely.

With MCC being broken I was thinking of picking this game up again but playing with a M&KB. Only problem is i've never played any game on a PC with a M&KB outside of MOBA's and the occassional MMO.

How hard is the learning curve with a mouse? I'm kinda worried itll take months before I even get decent and I don't want to get destroyed early on every game while playing or is that what's supposed to happen?

I was in the same boat last week. Just use a really really low sens (all the pros do too) and keep playing bots or download AIM_csgo

to get used to it. feels natural now 

• Upvote (+1) 1

join a deathmatch server and just practice your aiming. you'll probably get shit on at first, but you're just there to practice. really though, the most effective way at improving is to just play with people who are better than you, imo. find a sensitivity you feel comfortable with and just practice a lot. don't pick a super slow sens just because that's what a lot of people use; pick something that fits your preference. 

as for just playing pubs, just about every person is ass but thinks they're good in pub servers so don't worry about it too much.

• Upvote (+1) 1

The learning curve with the mouse is not as difficult as many people think. I honestly believe that people psych themselves out more and it can result in a mindset that they will never be able to use a keyboard and mouse. I know this from personal experience and just getting dumpstered when I first touched Counter Strike back in CS: Source in 2011. After realizing I am playing against people who have been playing for years and knowing how little experience I had at the time with keyboard and mouse, I realized I had some learning to do. You have to realize that for a little bit, you will probably get your ass handed to you, but do not let that stop you from learning the game because again - you are more than likely playing against people who have been playing for a long time. It would be just like trying competitive Halo and getting destroyed because you don't know the maps, callouts, grenade spots, etc. Once you become comfortable using keyboard and mouse, it really becomes muscle memory and will feel natural if you just keep playing.

As sbk said - just go into some deathmatch servers and play for fun and to practice. If you decide to just play normal traditional pubs - do not take it seriously. There are many times players playing who either think they are really good OR players who are much better than those present in the lobby stomping everyone, talking trash, gloating etc (sandbagging basically) - just ignore those idiots. Play for yourself - have fun and practice to get better - your level of comfort on keyboard and mouse will come in time.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Bracket for the Round of 8 tomorrow - pre show starting at 3:30 AM EST. 

P3UoC9t.jpg

Edit: Na'Vi defeats Flipside and will play Dignitas tomorrow 

LDLC just got fucked so hard. God I can't even describe how badly I feel for them. They could not do anything. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Wow so much information gained from that spot alone. I cant be mad tho if I was in that situation I would've used it also but its pretty unfair.

Saw pictures and videos of people burning their Fnatic gear. I'm not usually one that will support actions such as that no matter the circumstance but this time is different. Can't wait until shit hits the fan and Fnatic loses complete legitimacy as a team and organization if they have not already.