CyReN

Counter-Strike Discussion

Sorry NA boiz, but <3 Luma.

Navi vs Luminosity: best rivalry of the year so far that has also provided the best games - this truly decides who the world #2 is once and for all. I hope for Luma but can't be mad at seeing Guardian take home a major win.

• Upvote (+1) 1

can't wait for tomorrow, i'm rooting for SA now

also did anyone else hear this? it was after TL choked their first game

• Upvote (+1) 1

Very well deserved. That first map was amazing, was running around my living room like a mad man cheering LG on.

• Upvote (+1) 1

shoutouts to Liquid & CLG both getting automatic berths in the next major -- love to see NA represent

Huge accomplishment for the Luminosity boys, their journey to the major since last year has been so crazy and such a great storyline. Also worth noting that the Brazilians coming to NA has raised the level of the region so so much, and we see a whole new practice ethic among NA players which led directly to NA's great showing in the major. Both Liquid and CLG practiced like crazy and it seems like LG's entrance into the region lit a fire in them. FalleN not only best IGL in the world but singlehandedly built this team out of nothing, a dead scene, to be the best team in the world. I can't even fathom that accomplishment.

http://www.goldper10.com/article/2912-the-brazilians-against-all-the-odds.html

Consider me a Liquid fan from here on out. I think this was s1mple's huge international breakout tournament, and I'm happy to see him begin to achieve his sky high ceiling. Love the fact he's gelling with the Liquid team both in the server and out of game. adreN was huge for a player who had got cut from the team for his poor performance -- unfortunately he choked and reverted to form in the semifinals, but he's got a future somewhere in the NA scene and this could be something for him to look to in order to rebuild his career. No reason he can't get back to that level if he sorts it out mentally.

I look forward to seeing how Liquid will integrate koosta going forward.

Thorin called it 11 months ago, when Hiko was in no-man's land, refusing to play for Cloud9 and forming some scrub team of nobodies on Nihilum. Everyone had written off his career. Now he's the best player in NA and #HikoWasRight

• Upvote (+1) 2

Finally around to post. MLG really set the bar for how every single major should be going forward. 10/10 event. Only criticism I would have, which was agreed upon by many, was the in game observing was lackluster compared to past events - but none the less, the bar has been set for every major going forward. Luminosity have become an absolute force - and they deserved to win their first major. Fallen is creating a legacy as a leader that will be talked about for a long time to come. It's going to be very interesting to see how this shakes up the rest of the CS GO scene. Buckle up boys and girls.

• Upvote (+1) 1

fallen is by far my favorite cs player now. he just seems like a nice and genuine person and I love the emotion him and the rest of LUM display when they compete.

Finally around to post. MLG really set the bar for how every single major should be going forward. 10/10 event. Only criticism I would have, which was agreed upon by many, was the in game observing was lackluster compared to past events - but none the less, the bar has been set for every major going forward. Luminosity have become an absolute force - and they deserved to win their first major. Fallen is creating a legacy as a leader that will be talked about for a long time to come. It's going to be very interesting to see how this shakes up the rest of the CS GO scene. Buckle up boys and girls.

agreed on 10/10 event. my biggest criticism of the event (and a lot of the other events) is the awkward banter between casters. whenever thorin tries to do funny banter  it gets super cringey and i have to mute the tv or check my phone. part of me thinks some of these casters are closeted homosexuals with how many gay jokes they make to eachother. I'm probably wrong but man those guys talk about kissing eachother a lot.

and for clarification, there's nothing wrong with being closeted or wanting to kiss another guy. i just think talking about it during a tournament isn't the right time or place

• Upvote (+1) 1

I personally enjoy the banter between the casters/analysts. Thorin's banter especially is something that is definitely a bit of an acquired taste, but knowing he's doing it for laughs and just to drive it at people rather than being serious in most of his remarks makes it good with me. He can definitely try too hard at times, but when he's with the right people - he can let it flow naturally. Plus, his knowledge of Counter Strike is absolute top tier, and he is an asset to any analyst desk. Let me put it this way, I would much rather have an MLG-esque set up of casters/analysts & analysis desk over an ESL production any day. MLG was a very nice balance of the banter & laughs with professionalism and an incredible amount of CS knowledge between the guys casting and on the desk. It made basically every analysis desk ESL has ever done look like a joke now, especially considering how bullshit ESL are when it comes to picking their talents for events. They shoot themselves in the foot when they choose to not hire the people who put asses in the seats and eyes in front of the computer screen. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

I personally enjoy the banter between the casters/analysts. Thorin's banter especially is something that is definitely a bit of an acquired taste, but knowing he's doing it for laughs and just to drive it at people rather than being serious in most of his remarks makes it good with me. He can definitely try too hard at times, but when he's with the right people - he can let it flow naturally. Plus, his knowledge of Counter Strike is absolute top tier, and he is an asset to any analyst desk. Let me put it this way, I would much rather have an MLG-esque set up of casters/analysts & analysis desk over an ESL production any day. MLG was a very nice balance of the banter & laughs with professionalism and an incredible amount of CS knowledge between the guys casting and on the desk. It made basically every analysis desk ESL has ever done look like a joke now, especially considering how bullshit ESL are when it comes to picking their talents for events. They shoot themselves in the foot when they choose to not hire the people who put asses in the seats and eyes in front of the computer screen. 

he's by far my favorite esports analyst, i just wish he'd tone it down a few notches because his banter is great when it doesn't go to awkward gay jokes

and after the halo regionals and the CS major i think it's safe to say MLG has the best esports productions by far

I enjoy the banter, the only problem is the more people get into it the more it happens at inopportune times. Thorin has said in the past that the idea is to bring the banter when building up lesser games / teams which makes sense for building up the bigger games.

Agreed with the observer criticism, I said the same thing to my brother during the event.

Also:

EDIT; CSGO getting more money than sense at the moment...

http://www.hltv.org/news/17491-faceit-announces-35million-league

ALSO

• Upvote (+1) 2

so are fun map servers basically non existent now? 

(not surf, not jp, not DR, just classic cs on custom maps)

I'm curious to see if Kespa is going to put a lot of effort into CSGO since they are hosting the asia minor. They had some decent CS teams before and I'd like to see what they could do if CS took a bit of the playerbase from games like Sudden Attack which are massively popular there.

so are fun map servers basically non existent now? 

(not surf, not jp, not DR, just classic cs on custom maps)

I miss playing de_rats

• Upvote (+1) 1

Didn't get a chance to post the other day but WOW, what a run by NiP at DreamHack. They have been improving more and more as they play with Pyth and their performance this past weekend was reminiscent of the old NiP in many ways in terms of clutch factor & playing in pressure situations. Threat has also clearly made an impact and NiP's anti eco play has really been stellar as of late. I can't wait to see what they can do as the year continues on. I would love to see them back in the finals of a major once again.

• Upvote (+1) 2

i love seeing f0rest and getright win but i gotta question: would they be making finals if olofm were tip top? @@Proto

Fnatic said going into the NA Major that NiP were a contender, unfortunately pyth couldn't attend yet they still made top8.

This tournament was essentially their 'Major form' dispatching of Astralis, VP and Navi fairly convincingly, that is to say the victory was on the Ninjas performance not the failings of the other team. This is the first time in a while I've liked NiP, they showed a lot of strategical prowess and restraint with a really good approach with both their own force-buys and their anti-force-buy strategies. This intermingled with glimpses of their former role based approach (a Get_Right flank is much more effective when the other team don't expect it to happen every round) put them in a really good place to win their games based on their own merits in the gun rounds which they did.

EDIT; production value was absolutely amazing as well. The video series they had running throughout the week was so good with Thorin writing the team intros:

I don't know if anyone stayed on right until the end but they had one right after they signed off the desk which was so well done rounding off the series.

• Upvote (+1) 1