CyReN

Counter-Strike Discussion

happy deagle ace >

Me when watching that live;

giphy.gif

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qpifNFuEj9Q

what do you guys think?  should csgo get playlists like you see in halo?  always thought that being able to restrict your own map pool to one kinda made ranks irrelevant in csgo 

Absolute brilliant, been saying this for a while. I know cobble/mirage/cache/inferno/dust2 well, overpass quite well and train a little so this would benefit someone like me greatly as opposed to these people who literally camp dust2 every match of their lives.

I'd like it to rather pick a map and you play it, no arguing or a system similar to h3 where you get one veto, next map you play no questions. If there's any type of choosing then it'll just be another dust2 fest.

I also like the idea of four playlists as he suggested. This update coupled with 1:45 round time and 35 second bomb would be a treat.

hahahah fuuuuuuuuuuuuck

Xmas break the game update.

Ignoring the golden gun they added to the game this update is truely a mixed bag.

[R8 REVOLVER]
– Added a new secondary weapon, the R8 Revolver, which occupies the Desert Eagle loadout slot.

[GAMEPLAY]
– In Competitive Matchmaking times are now 1:55 and 0:40 for round and C4, respectively. These are also the new times for CSGO Major Championships.
– Adjusted recovery time on the AK47, M4A4, and M4A1-S assault rifles to reduce the range at which spraying is preferable to tapping/bursting.
– Increased move inaccuracy on pistols: Elites, Fiveseven, Glock, P2000, P250, Tec9, USP, CZ75a.
– Added team timeouts to Competitive Matchmaking, which can be called with a vote. Default is 60 seconds, set by mp_team_timeout_time.

• Upvote (+1) 3

zzzzzzzzzzzzz

Best thing to come out of this update was "pls fix volvo" now being "pls fix revolvo".

word on the street is they nerfed rifles 

:?

They nerfed them in the sense that the RNG cooldown is more apparent between shots. The idea is that it shouldn't really affect single shot tapping so much but going full yolo with the spray will be less effective at ranges.

zzzzzzzzzzzzz

Best thing to come out of this update was "pls fix volvo" now being "pls fix revolvo".

At a glance:

Moving accuracy on the pistols. 

Team timeout.

Killer replay.

1:55 and 0:40 in MM

Recovery time on the AK47, M4A4, and M4A1-S

1:55 and 0:40 forced into competitive w/o proper testing

Golden gun

EDIT; Also ESL/ESEA have already said that they're ignoring the new patch for the last event of this year, so we should have a decent amount of time to test and sort things out.

They nerfed them in the sense that the RNG cooldown is more apparent between shots. The idea is that it shouldn't really affect single shot tapping so much but going full yolo with the spray will be less effective at ranges.

At a glance:

Moving accuracy on the pistols. 

Team timeout.

Killer replay.

1:55 and 0:40 in MM

Recovery time on the AK47, M4A4, and M4A1-S

1:55 and 0:40 forced into competitive w/o proper testing

Golden gun

EDIT; Also ESL/ESEA have already said that they're ignoring the new patch for the last event of this year, so we should have a decent amount of time to test and sort things out.

Yeah I saw the twitter post regarding keeping the settings the same for the tournament, good call.

I'd prefer to see other changes to the pistols first, off the top of my head; reduce tec9 to 16 rounds in a clip, do...something with the cz and maybe change all pistols (cept deagle and I guess r8) to not be a 1 hit kill at any distance with head armour. Probably something could be done better but I feel tec9 and cz is still too op, even fiveseven feels a bit too strong for what it is.

Team timeout is a nice feature but apparently has a bug and a flaw atm; bug is one callout per team atm, not per half so if you call a timeout last round playing ct then you swap sides, the new ct players won't have a timeout but your team that just used it will have it, sure that will be fixed quickly. flaw; you cannot call timeout if team is voting to kick someone, so essentially the other team could just have the "vote to kick" menu open with no intention of kicking anyone just to keep your team from using time out.

I don't care about the deathcam thing as I never play casual but I guess it's a good feature for those that do.

I really don't see why they didn't update mming to 1:45 and 35 seconds, still cannot come to a good reasoning for this other than the think it will make maps more t sided especially at lower ranks because people can take so long to rotate, but that should force them to learn?

Also haven't tested the rifle nerf yet, some people saying it's broken, some people saying it's easier.

this r8 is so busted... cool idea, but it really shouldn't 1sk to the chest with kevlar+helmet on...

rifles feel very weird now too. sometimes they feel easier, other times it feels like the gun is broken.

Watching pro 10 mans of 5v5 all revolvers is just sad. It's time like this where I really, really don't understand what Valve were thinking. It's one step forward, three steps back for them with these updates. I just don't get it.

Man people who think 343 doesn't communicate with the community enough should check out the CS community. The community is melting down, the game is broke and not a single peep has been heard from valve.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Man people who think 343 doesn't communicate with the community enough should check out the CS community. The community is melting down, the game is broke and not a single peep has been heard from valve.

Yeah but ESL has the balls to say fuck your update, and use the old settings.

• Upvote (+1) 1

They aren't really the type to hastily 'put out a statement', it has always been like this. That said;

http://blog.counter-strike.net/index.php/2015/12/13366/

The R8 has been nerfed so it is now essentially a scout with almost half a second charge time or more random spread right click;

Damage 115 -> 86

Spread 0.48 -> 0.52

Charge Time for Left Click 0.3333 seconds -> 0.4 seconds

I guess that's the starting values it should have really come in at, doesn't seem overly OP but there is still potential room for future nerf. AK/M4 spread recovery values also touched on.

• Upvote (+1) 1

They aren't really the type to hastily 'put out a statement', it has always been like this. That said;

http://blog.counter-strike.net/index.php/2015/12/13366/

The R8 has been nerfed so it is now essentially a scout with almost half a second charge time or more random spread right click;

Damage 115 -> 86

Spread 0.48 -> 0.52

Charge Time for Left Click 0.3333 seconds -> 0.4 seconds

I guess that's the starting values it should have really come in at, doesn't seem overly OP but there is still potential room for future nerf. AK/M4 spread recovery values also touched on.

looks like it might be safe to play competitive again 

UK person here, what's it like playing on the US servers?

I bet it's magical because of the fact you all speak the same language.

UK person here, what's it like playing on the US servers?

I bet it's magical because of the fact you all speak the same language.

haha, yeah i read that you guys get matched with crazy russians 

you get the occasional south american "jajajajajaja" but besides that, yes, it's magic 

I've had very, very few times where my entire team does not speak English. I remember days playing last summer when no one would play maps like Train and you would get paired up with Russians or Europeans who either didn't speak English at all or it was very broken. 

I gotta give Valve credit for the way they handle the update changes. They came out and said what everyone was already thinking but never thought they would say "Hey - we fucked up guys - we're gonna work on this further and work to improve for the future." Obviously it's a small thing but compared to the likes of Valve's communication with the DOTA 2 community, this is the step in the right direction CSGO has needed for a while now.

Yearly frag movies inc.

Also NiP having a funny old time releasing their 'new' roster one player at a time.

CXaKZIxWEAAkmiR.png

WHO'S THAT POKEMON?!