CyReN

Counter-Strike Discussion

nasty

great reaction btw 

lol thanks man.  

anyone have any upsets to predict for the first round of the major?  i seriously have liquid beating vp. 

kennys for worst signature ever 

it looks like he wrote that with a crayon haha

Haha, some of them have very "childish" signatures, not to say they're bad though.

Who do you guys have coming out on top of each group? The easy prediction if we're looking on paper it should probably be Fnatic, TSM, Envy and VP

Schedule if anyone hasn't seen it yet; https://www.reddit.com/r/GlobalOffensive/comments/3q6buq/dreamhack_open_clujnapoca_2015_schedule_discussion/

• Upvote (+1) 1

my completely uninformed and completely biased prediction

Fnatic, TSM, EnVyUs and NiP

i honestly think vp is better than nip, however thats my favorite team so.. ya know 

i have fnatic winning it all, but wouldn't be surprised if EnVyUs won

• Upvote (+1) 1

I'd love to see TSM win. If not TSM then I'd like to see Envy win.

Against who? They've been doing well against everyone recently.

Anyone watching VP vs Liquid?

I wouldn't have thought Liquid could take VP to OT

This VP / Liquid game is gooooooood. Did anyone see c9 luminosity this morning? I missed it ;c

• Upvote (+1) 1

This VP / Liquid game is gooooooood. Did anyone see c9 luminosity this morning? I missed it ;c

I didn't unfortunately, was at a job interview, so I had a good reason at least haha. I called Luminosity to win that match before major started. C9 have been flat for a while now.

what the hell did valve do to the footsteps?! they're so hard to hear!

• Upvote (+1) 2

Idk about this, can't wait to see what happens in the next couple of months.

what do you guys think?  should csgo get playlists like you see in halo?  always thought that being able to restrict your own map pool to one kinda made ranks irrelevant in csgo 

It's got merits I suppose but honestly I don't think it's needed.

Comparative to Halo, being good in CS you are allowed to win on your own terms, this goes down to the fundamental approaches and skills you bring to a game. There are multiple top8 teams that have static bans so they can concentrate their efforts; having a wider map pool has shown to be a useful tool (fnatic, TSM strategic bans etc) but it is not the only way to be successful (VP ban d2 vs most higher ranked teams, Navi historically never played nuke). It has become a standard part of the game that the depth of the map pool doesn't ultimately define the success of the team, it is how they match up and try to win (similar to something like MMA). Quite an interesting idea would be applying a pick-ban system to Halo and seeing how that would differentiate teams.

Taking it back to MM, there are dust2 heroes but honestly it's not that big a problem practically insofar as it doesn't affect the quality of the matches (a global d2 hero will search and play that map to a 'global level'). Purely from an integrity standpoint I can understand your argument but it's how far do you want to push it, for instance getting global as a team of 5 is easier than ranking up solo/duo, does that mean we have to tackle that issue too. There are also benefits to being able to pick your maps:

• Enjoyment - competitive games are 40mins+ on average, much longer than Halo games. Should players be forced into such a time commitment they potentially don't enjoy?
  • Picking gives players a chance to concentrate their efforts and learn maps. For example this season of ESEA focused the map pool on multiple weeks to get a feel for some of the custom maps (Overpass you suuuuuuuuuuck).

It's not just one map heroes it's literally all the maps clumped into one playlist and anyone can make it so they can choose exactly what map to play. Theoretically, if someone wants to wait 5 to 7 min for a match, they can only pick aztec. The ranking system doesn't make sense because someone who just plays office and mirage can progress through the ranks the same as someone who plays dust 2, Aztec, dust, inferno. They are literally playing different games and settings. Sorry for the lumped paragraph I'm on my phone lol