Counter-Strike Discussion

i hate cobble tbh

im also happy fnatic won, class org and squad 

hopefully valve gets behind these tournaments more, cs has so much potential

Speaking of NA organization hype...

https://twitter.com/compLexityLive/status/635864720965259264/photo/1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NGXe5LEYt0g

http://www.complexitygaming.com/articles/news/press/4523/compLexity-CSGO-2015

“We couldn’t be happier to be back in CS:GO,” said Jason Lake, Founder and CEO of compLexity Gaming.  “Our love for the franchise is what lead to compLexity’s formation and we’re humbled and honored to be a part of the game once again.  We’re also very excited to announce our new roster and eager to tackle the challenges ahead.  Everyone involved understands that the division will be a work in progress, but developing talent and building champions are areas in which we excel.  With the return of Matt “Warden” Dickens to the compLexity family, expectations are high.  Dedication, passion, time and patience will lead to big trophies.  Bank on it.”

image1440083004.png Soham "Valens" Chowdhury

image1440083004.png Joshua "Sancz" Ballenger

image1440083030.png Kory "Semphis" Friesen

image1440083004.png Daniel "roca" Gustaferri

image1440083004.png Timothy "Autimatic" Ta

image1440083004.png Matt  “Warden” Dickens (Manager/Coach)

• Upvote (+1) 1

i hate cobble tbh

im also happy fnatic won, class org and squad 

hopefully valve gets behind these tournaments more, cs has so much potential

I think Valve has done so much already. They fixed the game up and have added so much in game competitive/tournament features its ridiculous. Yes there is always more to be done especially from Valve but self-determination from the community is also important. Unlike 343i,  Valve has given so much tools,  features, updates,  and support,  self-determination is possible by the community. 

JyovZeL.jpg

kIszGEJ.jpg

got a cobblestone souvenir from fnatic vs virtus pro!

holy shit, it's going for 30$ on the market

I got the same one. I sold mine for a minimal wear cyrex

• Upvote (+1) 1

I got the same one. I sold mine for a minimal wear cyrex

i opened mine, got ump indigo. 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • Upvote (+1) 3

if anyone wants to run a few games after 9PM EST, add OMGOBLIN. Just lost my DMG :(.

Anyone down to play today? Ranked or maybe cevo

hit me up brah

The late night offline grind since a few days before Cologne has paid off boys. First time I've really hard core gamed in a very long time. Also the highest rank I've been yet in CS GO. Got MG2 for like one day last Fall/Winter and then senior year of college took away any ambition or drive I had for basically anything so it's good to be back.

F6jVz9k.png

• Upvote (+1) 1

Wasn't able to catch the games live but was finally able to watch a replay of the d2 match last night.  Wow.  What a come back by fnatic.  Still need to watch the next game as well as all the other matches. 

As for cobble, not a huge fan of the new one.  I actually loved de_cbble in 1.6 but this remake is just meh.

Next CSGO major announced xD

9090567-majorhype_opensite.png

http://open.dreamhack.se/news/267-dreamhack-open-clujnapoca-the-next-csgo-major.html

EDIT; PGL in there as well. Dayum that production gonna be sick.

Hello everyone,

First of all, we are once again both proud and humbled by all the kind words and feedback we've received.

Secondly, coming off the incredible reception of the Kick-off Season, we had two main goals: maintain the same level of quality and find new ways to make our CS:GO broadcasts more enjoyable for viewers.

Those mandates took shape in the form of more timely and complex replays, better PiP coverage of the action taking place off-screen, in and out of game stats and heatmaps to help our casters and analysts paint a better picture of what went down during a match. Among other things. Nevertheless, we've also been keeping a close eye on the grievances that have been signaled thus far regarding the production and we've noted all of them. We're already working on some aspects (the rollercoasters have been one such point of contention and I'll be the first one to admit that, while we do enjoy making them, we went juuust a bit overboard in the beginning) and by the time DreamHack Cluj-Napoca 2015 rolls in, we will have all the bases covered.

Which brings me to the main event: being a part of the production for a CS:GO Major. The excitement level in the studios when we first got the news was over 9000, but we also knew that this would be, by far, the most demanding and important project we've tackled yet. And not just because it will be the biggest CS:GO tournament to close the year, but this will be the first time an event of such magnitude will be hosted in our country. With the hype and production expectations, as you can see, already through the roof. No pressure, right?

Then again, life would be quite boring without its share of challenges, and we're gearing up for our biggest one yet. We know the stakes, what's expected of us and how big the hype will be on the opening day. We have each and every one of you to thank for this opportunity and repaying that faith with the quality you deserve isn't just the least we can do. It's mandatory.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Spot on - and sums up my thoughts after playing a few games with the new A1 tonight.

I remember Valve saying they were going to buff the M4A4 after showing weapon statistics graphs in a blog update (I believe it was around the time of ESL One Cologne of last year) and how the A4 was basically useless - and I'm almost positive the A4 never got buffed. The A1 doesn't feel horrible - it's still useful - but up close, don't even try. It's bad. A4 has become king on maps like Inferno while the A1 still reigns supreme on maps like Dust 2 and Mirage.

I still don't understand why Valve would not just buff the A4 and leave the A1 or make minor changes? Really makes no sense to me. 

The A1 doesn't feel horrible - it's still useful - but up close, don't even try. It's bad. A4 has become king on maps like Inferno while the A1 still reigns supreme on maps like Dust 2 and Mirage.

I haven't played much other than a few games of casual since the update came out, but T side's winrate seems much higher now.

I haven't played much other than a few games of casual since the update came out, but T side's winrate seems much higher now.

I think that's more of the initial part of update and people still trying to figure things out - I'm confident that will change fairly quickly. Playing last night I was still getting smashed on T side on some maps so it's probably more placebo effect than anything. Right now, the M4 situation feels very awkward. Both weapons are more situational now than ever before - and there should be an option to purchase both in game rather than having to use one or the other if this is the direction Valve has decided to go. Especially in matchmaking when you're playing with someone or some people who just don't really care and go wherever they feel each and every round. Now, without the right M4, you can really be screwed depending on what map you are playing and what spot you are playing.