CyReN

Counter-Strike Discussion

God the cs community is so mobbish. 

What an insane overreaction. 

It's building pressure from the multiple controversies over the last few weeks coupled with reddits ability to reinforce a singular mindset. The GO community has actually been really good, this is one of the first major tests as a community.

Still take the good with the bad, new viewer record achieved.

• Upvote (+1) 1

409k on GOTV then 305k on twitch. Damn 100k people watching on gotv thats crazy.

This final is insane! Fantastic play from both LDLC and NiP.

EDIT:

WOOOOOOOOO LDLC

LDLC came back in both the final game and the whole tournament itself!

To say that finals were incredible is an understatement. I was really pulling for NiP to win - especially in front of their home crowd - but HUGE congrats to LDLC. After all the controversy and everything that happened for them to get to the finals, they deserve it. Extremely happy for NBK, one of my favorite players.

Also - Forest with an absolutely well deserved MVP. His play, especially in some of the pistol rounds today, was mind bending. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

Unreal Final. Was so amazing, I was watching it during work. Got in trouble at first but once other ppl saw the excitement they watched as well. They had no idea what was going on but could feel the hype.

Grats to LDLC, and also to NiP. Forest was unreal throughout the entire tournament. Well deserved. Great games

• Upvote (+1) 3

Haven't seen anyone mention it yet - but Fifflaren did such a good job over the weekend, both commentating and on the analysis desk. His direct insight was very interesting to listen to, and being able to hear him talk about his time with NiP and him comparing it as he watched NiP play with Maikelele live was such a cool parallel to see and listen to him talk about. I hope he decides to do casting full time, he would be crazy not to. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

DH was an unreal tournament for sure.

Playing atm. PM me for PUGs!

Started a week ago. I am becoming obsessed with this game.  

I am so glad I tried it. It is everything I have wanted in an fps since h1. Can not believe I wasted my time with halo 3 and reach when I could have been getting good at cs.

Updated regularly, amazing layout and spectator mode, links to streams in game, best ranking system ive seen, HUGE skill gap.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I am so sad I was not able to go to dreamhack winter because of school. But I am going for sure to dreamhack summer.

These majors are to awesome to be ignored by me any more. Games, atmosfeer and everything seems great.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I am so sad I was not able to go to dreamhack winter because of school. But I am going for sure to dreamhack summer.

These majors are to awesome to be ignored by me any more. Games, atmosfeer and everything seems great.

I never ever ever care about this kind of thing, as my own spelling and grammar is pretty poor

bud dude its ATMOSPHERE...pls never spell it like that again haha :p

Started a week ago. I am becoming obsessed with this game.  

I am so glad I tried it. It is everything I have wanted in an fps since h1. Can not believe I wasted my time with halo 3 and reach when I could have been getting good at cs.

Updated regularly, amazing layout and spectator mode, links to streams in game, best ranking system ive seen, HUGE skill gap.

The ranking system is very good don't get me wrong, but it is kind of a weird layout. I tried explaining it to my friends but they were all like huh?!? Where is diamond or gold or numbers lol. Regardless it works and is very fun to play, i just need to get a working mouse lol.

Isn't the ranking system mostly based on win percentage? From my point of view, that means if you have a bad start to your CS career, it is near impossible to raise in rank later on because you have all of those early bad games tainting your record.

Right now that fact is making me avoid ranked games, which sucks because I feel like I am missing out on a large part of the game.

The ranking system is very good don't get me wrong, but it is kind of a weird layout. I tried explaining it to my friends but they were all like huh?!? Where is diamond or gold or numbers lol. Regardless it works and is very fun to play, i just need to get a working mouse lol.

There is a ELO ranking system involved, its just when you past a certain number you get a new icon. 

• Upvote (+1) 3

There is a ELO ranking system involved, its just when you past a certain number you get a new icon. 

The elo system wasn't the hard part for my friends. They couldn't wrap their heads around what ranks were good etc. After nova they just got lost with all the different names of each rank

Hey H2F Mike,

The reason I am messaging you is to suggest adding tutorials to your OP. I think it would be very helpful for anyone new to get an idea of what kind of mechanics they would have to learn to play the game.

A list of potential videos:

-Crosshair placement

-Counter Stepping

-Spray Control

-Economy

-smoke/flash grenade tutorial

I imagine you are probably fairly busy so if need be I could get a list of links to certain videos. I used Adren/warowl tutorials when I was learning the game. Thank you for your time and hope this message finds you well!

Swarmerr

PS - Also the Scream headshot machine video is awesome!!

@@careh feel free to take over OP if you like, I don't even visit this thread anymore tbh