CyReN

Counter-Strike Discussion

I can agree with most of that. Do especially agree with the international milking, that could be applied to majors too, not just an international, create better competition for, say, the North America scene rather than the same 2/3 teams in majors every time. The NA CS scene seems to be wanting to make that next step. 

Shame that it seems very unlikely that CS would ever get big in China/Korea.

Well in China they have a game called Crossfire which is immensely popular within not just China but most of Asia as well.

An old friend from Malaysia told me within Asia during the CS days it was mostly Call of Duty 4 or Crossfire. I don't think Korea would be opposed to CS, but they are very much so fixated on the ARTS/RTS genres respectfully.

Oh and if any of you want to run games add imCookies on steam Nova 3 for now but love to have fun and play games.

Well in China they have a game called Crossfire which is immensely popular within not just China but most of Asia as well.

An old friend from Malaysia told me within Asia during the CS days it was mostly Call of Duty 4 or Crossfire. I don't think Korea would be opposed to CS, but they are very much so fixated on the ARTS/RTS genres respectfully.

Oh and if any of you want to run games add imCookies on steam Nova 3 for now but love to have fun and play games.

Yeah Crossfire has the most profitable game in China I think.

With Korea its sudden attack, no idea why they like that game but its still one of the most played, would be hard for CS to take that spot.

A few days and I should have my PC back. I've missed CS so much lol.

Do you guys rage when you play? I've been playing with Alex / Levi (Forger) for over a year now and it's amusing to see how he's picked up the CS rage.

Trying to get into CS been watching a good few streams recently. New to FPS with a kb and mouse in general. 

Does your mouse make much of a difference? I realize at my shit level it wont make much of a difference, it is more about practice. But i was just wondering in general is there a noticeable improvement? Just have a regular dell laser mouse.

working through this atm http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=302540252

Do you guys rage when you play? I've been playing with Alex / Levi (Forger) for over a year now and it's amusing to see how he's picked up the CS rage.

2 things made me stop raging at Counter Strike;

1) Knowing how much better people are than I am

2) Learning the spread patterns

Once I started paying attention to good players, I learned that the guns aren't as random as i thought, that there is a method to the madness. That and there are people that play this game A LOT and they have better control over that madness than I do.

Even when I'm losing, the game is just so much fun.

Trying to get into CS been watching a good few streams recently. New to FPS with a kb and mouse in general. 

Does your mouse make much of a difference? I realize at my shit level it wont make much of a difference, it is more about practice. But i was just wondering in general is there a noticeable improvement? Just have a regular dell laser mouse.

working through this atm http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=302540252

i don't really think so, if there is any difference i think it's a pretty minute. i went from using a dell mouse, to a razor deathadder, back to a dell mouse, and now i use a steelseries sensei. i haven't noticed much difference in play (other than adjusting to new gear) switching between them throughout the years other than the smooth gliding across a mouse pad with brand new gear which feels pretty good. i've had some of my best performances using a tiny dell mouse with like a 7 inch mousepad.

i think it's all personal preference really.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Just from doing a bit of practice there I can see that I can aim fine with it once I got the right sensitivity.

post any videos or share some tips that helped you guys improve. would be much appreciated. 

Just from doing a bit of practice there I can see that I can aim fine with it once I got the right sensitivity.

post any videos or share some tips that helped you guys improve. would be much appreciated. 

i'd suggest watching people play on twitch like hiko and some other pros. you can learn a lot of very small details, such as nade spots, map angles, and whatnot. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

• Always be mindful of your crosshair placement in relation to what you want to achieve - lining up headshot angles, peeking a corner vs tracing round a corner, not looking into the ground or dead space, looking away from potential flash spots e.t.c.
  • Get comfortable with the various weapons techniques (peeking and strafing, tapping, bursting, spraying) and their functions - there are no wrong answers if you can make it work for you.
  • Be conscious of moments in game when you can relax - you'll see good players do it all the time to conserve energy and focus for when it's actually needed.

They're the most important things to keep in mind if you want to get better quickly. The actual metagame stuff is best to be learned firsthand and IMO is what makes the game so fun.

• Upvote (+1) 1

back into master guardian 2 after getting it hidden from inactivity. got a 4k that match too :).

and so many people expect the fake defuse... i don't fake defuse and i won the round lmao.

so you get cases from playing games and the only way to open them is to buy keys?

but i can sell cases on the market to earn enough to buy a key rather than paying straight out of my own pocket?

is that what people generally do?

so you get cases from playing games and the only way to open them is to buy keys?

but i can sell cases on the market to earn enough to buy a key rather than paying straight out of my own pocket?

is that what people generally do?

correct, though i don't think cases sell for very much and the keys are like 2.50$

I wish I would have ran into this when I started playing in September. Having never even played PC before and being a silver elite I am now a DMG. I don't know if it will help you but this is what helped me understand the game. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCpFcHE36IoySjYj1Rytxyog this youtube is from TheWarOwl is very good has pro matches casts,strats,tuts,and a thing called matchmaking academys where he gets sent in gameplay of lower level players and goes over their mistakes.

• Upvote (+1) 1

i cant find rev.ini to change my name. it should be here

h02YFGN.png

what? the game uses your steam name though

anyone thought about starting up a casual beyond team or something?

anyone thought about starting up a casual beyond team or something?

id be up for it but it will take a while before im not absolutely awful.

from Ireland tho so connection with US guys might be an issue

id be up for it but it will take a while before im not absolutely awful.

from Ireland tho so connection with US guys might be an issue

yeah ping would probably suck :\

Big changes in the French scene apparently >_>

Titan's rumored roster would be:

be.gif Kévin "Ex6TenZ" Droolans
fr.gif Dan "apEX" Madesclaire
fr.gif Hovik "KQLY" Tovmassian
fr.gif Kenny "kennyS" Schrub
ch.gif Mathieu "Maniac" Quiquerez

Unnamed rumored team:

fr.gif Nathan "NBK" Schmitt
fr.gif Richard "shox" Papillon
fr.gif Fabien "kioShiMa" Fiey
fr.gif Vincent "Happy" Cervoni
fr.gif Edouard "SmithZz" Dubourdeaux

Nip vs HR, bo3 for the Case King KOTH about to start in about 10-15

http://www.twitch.tv/roomonfire

Apparently? More like supposedly.

apEX

Happy

KennyS

Shox

NBK

Would be omnipotent

KQLY

Kioshima

Fxyo

Smithz

Allu

(Maikelele coach)

Would still beat NiP.

Watched some esea and cevo matches last night and I'm officially in love with csgo

Any big events coming up?