CyReN

Counter-Strike Discussion

What an upset!

Some amazing plays (LDLC eco rounds especially), the observer did a really good job and it makes the casting feel more genuine.

EDIT; CPH vs Verygames next, on paper it's an even better match-up but we'll see.

damn I played CS starting at 1.3 until about '09.  Played in cal-m and pugged with cal-i guys but couldn't compete in cal-i due to ping issues with being in Hawaii.  Friend of mines moved to Vegas to live with his mom and so he could further is CS gaming "career" which lead to him playing in a few CPL's.  There was a clip of him almost aceing old school Team 3D while he was on a save round with a deagle.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I've always wondered why MLG has never considered picking up Counter Strike.

I think the following in America is too small but not sure.  I know the game is still big in Europe.

Update 03.07

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a4-bGDU2T60

MISC

• Playing a demo recorded on a workshop map will attempt to automatically download and display that workshop map.
  • Added a convar cl_download_demoplayer to control whether demo player is allowed to download external resources, defaults to 1 allowing downloads from workshop, allows 2 for downloading all other external resources that could be referenced by community server.
  • Added engine support for versioning official maps, so demo playback will seamlessly download and load matching version of the map when playing back older demos. ( Currently supports Nuke, Inferno, Dust2 )
  • Fixed rare crashes in HUD when game events were received before HUD elements were fully loaded.

GAMEPLAY

• Additional minor buffs to the Aug and Sig.
  • Smoke grenades have been adjusted to make their view-obscuring overlay match the smoke volume shape more precisely as well as some other minor fixes.

SPECTATING

• Spectating a flashed player via GOTV now shows an additional effect and icon to indicate blindness without obscuring the spectators view.
  • Fixed a case where GOTV spectator would get the round radar template instead of the square one.
  • Grenade trajectories are now on by default in spectator x-ray view. Convar sv_grenade_trajectory_time_spectator will adjust visible trail duration.

MAPS

• Made a pass at incorporating some lessons learned from Mirage to original maps. Also, bug fixes.
  • De_Inferno:
    • Widened apartment hallway near A
    • Replaced red car in middle with solid cover
    • Fixed radar naming on haycart
    • Improved visibility
  • De_Nuke:
    • Added radar names
    • Bug fixes
    • Improved visibility
  • De_Dust2:
    • Improved visibility
    • Bug fixes
  • De_Aztec:
    • Improved visibility
  • De_Train:
    • Improved visibility

EDIT; SLTV is current on this week. NIP vs Navi about to go live shortly

http://multitwitch.tv/NiPgamingTV

Thursday 12:00 se.gif NiP vs. ua.gif Na`Vi

17:00 pl.gif ESC vs. ru.gif Virtus.pro

Friday 11:00 Lower bracket final

Saturday 11:00 Upper bracket final

17:00 Consolidation final

Sunday 15:00 Grand final

bring back cal_mill or even de_cbble was awesome but just massive for 5v5.  cal_mill was my favorite competitive map by far.

Minh Le's Tactical Intervention had a long, arduous journey. Now, many years of development and one not-so-successful launch later, the multiplayer shooter is set to find home on Steam.

Like Counter-Strike, Tactical Intervention promises intense team-based tactical shooting gameplay, but with a few new elements such as car chases, and realistic locations including shopping malls, industrial parks, subway stations and skyscrapers.

Tactical Intervention will be released on Steam this August as a free-to-play title. The screenshots below should give an idea on what it will look like.

ku-xlarge.jpg

ku-xlarge.jpg

ku-xlarge.jpg

ku-xlarge.jpg

Article

What do you guys think of this game? Does it have the potential to be as successful as Counter Strike?

NA scene kicking up.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jvmra_abE1M

"The NA Revival 24-Hour Streamathon goes live this Saturday and Sunday, July 6th -7th from 10 am to 10 am EDT featuring Counter Strike: Global Offensive. This NA Revival Kick-Off event will be hosted by moxie and st4rri from Team Hold My Purse. Be sure to take a look at the schedule and stay around for great events and giveaways throughout the day. The donations raised from this event will go towards the prize pot for a tournament hosted by ESEA. The teams playing in the tournament will be invited as well as voted on by the Counter Strike: Global Offensive community."

NA Revival - http://narevival.com/

Stream - http://www.twitch.tv/narevival

Event Info - http://news.esea.net/index.php?s=news&d=comments&id=12887

Schedule (EDT)
10 am NA Revival Introduction & Door Prize
11 am Team Kire vs. Team Sunman (Play with a Top CS:GO Player)
12 pm Fixation TV Guest Speaker & Commentating Tips
1 pm Open Public Server
2 pm NetCode Illuminati Guest Speaker & Announcement
3 pm Team Dazed vs. Team Anger (Play with a Top CS:GO Player)
4 pm LAN Updates
5 pm Team Anger vs. Team Lucky (Play with a Top CS:GO Player)
6 pm Greatest Moments of CS History
7 pm Team Frozt vs. Team TCK (Play with a Top CS:GO Player)
8 pm Exclusive CEVO Guest Speaker & Announcement
9 pm Open Public Server
10:30 pm Team Sunman vs. Team Mosbeck (Play with a Top CS:GO Player)
11:00 pm - 10 am Team Moxie vs. Team St4rri (Play with the Hosts)

I sent Sundance an email a couple days ago asking if they've considered adding Counter Strike to the circuit.

Just need to sort out sponsor / advertisers for the game. It's something we're looking at but I can't promise anything.

Best,

-sd

Sundance DiGiovanni
Major League Gaming

• Upvote (+1) 3

I like 1.6 the most before people start doing half crouching a lot in pubs.

Source was fun little awhile

I dont have much of an opinion about GO even though I have it. I know Maven, Bestman, Neighbor, and F0rmal are playing that game for some reason lol

@csgo_dev

Here's a sneak peek at one part of CS:GO's next update. Stay tuned for more details!

1376277986.1684.jpeg

People are speculating that the update will come around the 21st which also marks one year since CSGO was released. For anyone who's been keeping up that's a disgusting amount of progress in just a single year with what looks like much more to come.

EDIT;

@csgo_dev

This week’s update also include a new way for the community to help build up prize pools at competitive CS:GO events. More info coming soon!

Looks like it's coming before the 21st, awesome news for the tournament scene as well. Leggo!

*video spam inc*

I only seriously played 1.6. Lanned Source and handful of times and never really liked it. Have some videos I enjoy

• Upvote (+1) 2

*snip*

yess lawwddddd

CS was at its pinnacle of editing while we Halo editors were still just putting clips under a song on the Sony Vegas timeline.

Let's be honest though, cs has sooooo many editing tools and movie configs to make epic vids while halo only had theater to work with.

Let's be honest though, cs has sooooo many editing tools and movie configs to make epic vids while halo only had theater to work with.

Whoa now. H1 and H2 didn't even have theater. :P

But it's still interesting to look at the contrast. I remember when the first few editors started learning After Effects. At first we started seeing deep, intricate intros, then copy/pasted gameplay afterward. Then people like Peridious and Zola really started showing off.

Shit, I remember when shooK on3 put the first ever "theater angle" in his H2 montage using Action Replay. Everyone went crazy and it looks so awful. Lol.

I really want to start play CS:GO. This game looks nuts.

You might not even have to pay as there's the potential for this update to make the game 'free to play' with a focus on in game skins / items as revenue.

Images on the coming update

Are there any tournaments coming up?

LAN tournament, ESEA finals is going on in America this weekend with NiP in attendance;

http://www.hltv.org/?pageid=214&eventid=1174

EU Online tournament is coming to a close, second semi final is on tonight with two really close teams;

http://www.hltv.org/match/2263299-verygames-cph-wolves-mad-catz-invitational

• Upvote (+1) 1

Well the silenced m4 update is completely stupid. Barely any ammo with a 20 round clip. Recoil is insane when the silencer is removed. I guess it is a cheaper version of the regular m4 with less recoil when silenced.

I don't see why they couldn't just make it like the previous games. Guess I'll just stick to the regular m4. Pretty stupid how you have to choose one or the other.

edit: they broke the server browser too. cant even get into a match or browse servers.

Well the silenced m4 update is completely stupid. Barely any ammo with a 20 round clip. Recoil is insane when the silencer is removed. I guess it is a cheaper version of the regular m4 with less recoil when silenced.

I don't see why they couldn't just make it like the previous games. Guess I'll just stick to the regular m4. Pretty stupid how you have to choose one or the other.

edit: they broke the server browser too. cant even get into a match or browse servers.

Yeah I'm leaving the game for the time being whilst it cools down.

M4a1-S should actually have 20 bullet clip with 90 bullets spare, that's an error on their part (same with the limited ammo on the USP). Also it's more accurate and has less recoil than the current M4 which is the main reason for the reduced clip size. I agree, I saw no problem with how things were previously done but it could be interesting - new game, new experience.