CyReN

Counter-Strike Discussion

Yeah I got it on the Steam Sale. Im a total newb..im soo bad with keyboard and mouse. Learning though, if anyone wants to help me start out. Let me know!

got you on my list but says you are offline for 304 days lol, did you make a new account?

Story time.

So last night on steam I got a random friend request from someone named "iBP Swag" - so automatically I thought "alright this is a troll. Why would he be sending me a friend request completely out of the blue?" Well I checked his profile and it was him. So I accepted his f/r and messaged him. Well, it turns out he saw the overlay that I had made for Xizt from NiP and he loved it - and asked if I could make one for his stream, along with an in game overlay. Here are the results :) (still waiting to hear back from him - so these are close to the final versions right now, but not 100% final).

mJdeNTw.png

w4VSqfJ.png

• Upvote (+1) 3

My steam account got hacked last night/early this morning. All my good guns are gone. Even with steamguard up they somehow got all my stuff.

M4 Asiimov

M4 Desert Strike

AK 47 Case Hardened

M4A1-S Guardian

M4A1-S Nitro

And a bunch more - totaled up to around $72 if I tried to buy it all back now - all gone. Fuck my life.

My steam account got hacked last night/early this morning. All my good guns are gone. Even with steamguard up they somehow got all my stuff.

M4 Asiimov

M4 Desert Strike

AK 47 Case Hardened

M4A1-S Guardian

M4A1-S Nitro

And a bunch more - totaled up to around $72 if I tried to buy it all back now - all gone. Fuck my life.

apparently i got this message from you this morning-

8:13 AM - [EiV] Proto: Man tradin GOOD knifes for trash items!  csgolounqs.com/tradet=1430  fast add!

edited the link because it's a phishing link

apparently i got this message from you this morning-

8:13 AM - [EiV] Proto: Man tradin GOOD knifes for trash items!  csgolounqscom/tradet=14306003  fast add!

i assume this wasn't you?

Nope. Any messages you got like that from me was not actually me. I changed all my email, passwords, reset steamguard, etc so the account is back under my control.

Nope. Any messages you got like that from me was not actually me. I changed all my email, passwords, reset steamguard, etc so the account is back under my control.

yeah just noticed it's probably a phish link by the spelling. that sucks man, at least you still have your account i guess.

have you done anything recently that could have led to someone getting into your account?

That really fucking sucks man. Have you looked into opening a ticket, you'd hope they'd be able to track trades like that.

Scratch what I said earlier. They hacked my account again. I'm so frustrated. Especially because it is a holiday Valve haven't responded to either of the emails I have sent them.

If you do get a message from my steam - DO NOT OPEN IT.

Sorry if you do get a message from me. I'm doing everything I can to get it back. To say I'm frustrated is an understatement.

got you on my list but says you are offline for 304 days lol, did you make a new account?

Yeah its in my Signature. Similar to what happened to @@Proto, I got hacked as well, so I got everything transferred to a new account. V0odooman.

9480.JPG

Forest's face just says "Kill me."

• Upvote (+1) 2

9480.JPG

Lmfao the first thing I saw and thought. He's definitely regretting coming to a US event. 

Anyways, really sorry about your account being hacked, I know exactly how frustrating that can be. I had a debit card and credit card on my XBL tag that got hacked and they used all the money off the debit and almost maxed the credit before I knew what was going on. I hate some people.

Lmfao the first thing I saw and thought. He's definitely regretting coming to a US event. 

Anyways, really sorry about your account being hacked, I know exactly how frustrating that can be. I had a debit card and credit card on my XBL tag that got hacked and they used all the money off the debit and almost maxed the credit before I knew what was going on. I hate some people.

It's been really shitty. Valve still hasn't responded to any of my support emails and it's been almost 3 days now. Luckily I didn't have a credit card on the account - I just buy steam wallet cards in the rare event that something like this happened. Knowing that I had steam guard on, all the security steps in place, and everything to prevent this from happening is what has made it so much worse. If it goes on without Valve emailing me back, I'm just going to make a new account. Not much else I can do.

How do wallet cards work? Basically just a one time pay that doesn't keep your information on file? Sounds like a great idea.

BTW that Taz vs Navi clip OMGGGG I love seeing shit like that. Console FPS can't begin to have anything like that.

It's just like buying a money card for Xbox Live. It puts the amount you bought the card for right on your account, and you can buy whatever you want with it. I've never added credit cards to anything like my XBL or Steam in case I ever got hacked like I did. Thankfully it paid off.

• Upvote (+1) 1

9480.JPG

Oh god these photos just keep getting worse and worse. I've read some of the tweets from the CS community but I know that can't be it. Anything seems to be a step up for halo lately, but this just seems like a huge downgrade for CS.

How do wallet cards work? Basically just a one time pay that doesn't keep your information on file? Sounds like a great idea.

BTW that Taz vs Navi clip OMGGGG I love seeing shit like that. Console FPS can't begin to have anything like that.

It's tough with the twitch based movements, but I don't see why it can't begin to have anything like that. Nowhere near as skilled but I just got a nice 3 piece with the rail gun on quake arcade arena on XBLA yesterday with the 2nd one hitting a guy going across the jump pads, and the 3rd one I hit while taking that same jump pad on another guy. Very lucky honestly but still.

I just can't help but comment whenever I see halo players talking about how good PC shooters are compared to consoles. Yes shooters work better on a PC and there is a wider range of skilled FPS games to play, but just remember there are actually competitive and skill based shooters that the Halo community did not wish to try, play, or support.

Oh god these photos just keep getting worse and worse. I've read some of the tweets from the CS community but I know that can't be it. Anything seems to be a step up for halo lately, but this just seems like a huge downgrade for CS.

It was an attempt to get the NA scene a bit more coverage, Nip and Navi held on for a week after the ESEA finals LAN but because the top NA teams didn't end up showing for IG it pretty much turned into a Nip / Navi show match. Just goes to show a few choice errors can turn an acceptable tournament effort into an absolute train wreck...

It's tough with the twitch based movements, but I don't see why it can't begin to have anything like that. Nowhere near as skilled but I just got a nice 3 piece with the rail gun on quake arcade arena on XBLA yesterday with the 2nd one hitting a guy going across the jump pads, and the 3rd one I hit while taking that same jump pad on another guy. Very lucky honestly but still.

I just can't help but comment whenever I see halo players talking about how good PC shooters are compared to consoles. Yes shooters work better on a PC and there is a wider range of skilled FPS games to play, but just remember there are actually competitive and skill based shooters that the Halo community did not wish to try, play, or supp

Like what? Shadowrun?

Like what? Shadowrun?

That's easily the most comparable for a number of reasons, especially within the context of this clip. It depends on how much we want to compare the games I guess, because if we're comparing it in the grand realm of competitive and popular FPS games that have been involved in tournaments then I'd pretty much stop here.

The rest of the games weren't popular, but still very skill induced and easily take more skill in my opinion than Halo 3 and beyond.

It was an attempt to get the NA scene a bit more coverage, Nip and Navi held on for a week after the ESEA finals LAN but because the top NA teams didn't end up showing for IG it pretty much turned into a Nip / Navi show match. Just goes to show a few choice errors can turn an acceptable tournament effort into an absolute train wreck...

Interesting.. I still don't know much about IG, especially with CS. I've only heard about their dealings with Halo, and the personalities involved with that. Do they have someone in charge at all to help with CS? Or is Aaron in charge of everything.

it seems like CS is america's best chance at pushing e-sports at the moment and it's just a laughing stock.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Got the new operation, the missions thing seems cool. The Insertion map with the multiple spawn points seems pretty eh so far though.

Holy fucking nose dive batman.

This is not the way to popularize newer maps. I am sure quite a few teams will go into series' with the agreement of first/second veto being cbble/overpass. Kind of sucks because the veto system is somewhat interesting now...

• Upvote (+1) 1