Videos for New Players

- Fribery Spray Tutorial

- Nothing Rants: Recoil Control

- Mirage Tips by NBK

- Nuke Tips by NBK

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KhDgIL_aM5k

- Adren - Shooting Rifles

- Steel - How to Aim Better

Be sure to check out Adren's channel for all of his CS GO tip videos (too many to list for one thread lol)

https://www.youtube.com/user/CurseCS

CS:GO FragMovies

CS:GO - NiP at DreamHack Summer 2013: Reborn

CS:GO - NiP at Copenhagen Games 2013

CS:GO - "ALLIN" NiP at EMS Katowice 2014 

CS:GO - NiP at Copenhagen Games 2014 

CS:GO - "REDEMPTION" NiP at ESL One Cologne 2014

CS:GO - FACEIT Spring League 2014

Restricted CS:GO 3 - Counter Strike: Global Offensive Fragmovie by biBa

CS:GO - INCORPORATED - Community Fragmovie

If you guys have any CS related questions or questions about the thread, feel free to message myself or @@careh Beyond%20Hearts.png

- @@Proto

• Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I'm currently playing CS:GO and trying to get the hang of things. I'm being 'coached' by a friend who's played for a really long time, which helps, but there's still a pretty steep learning curve. It's tough, but that's what I enjoy about it. It's nice to have a game where I can't just go out and naturally dominate a la Halo/COD.

• Upvote (+1) 1

There's a lot to get used to with CS and it doesn't help that most people have been playing one or more of the titles for X number of years. I'm currently teaching a friend the ropes in CSGO - matchmaking has been really useful for keeping things challenging but still fun for all of us. The best resource I've found so far for picking up and explaining the nuances of the new game have been the videos by the team Curse NA.

GO has improved so much over the recent months and it's really refreshing to see innovation as the top teams adapt to the new game. I do get the old twinge of nostalgia thinking about 1.6 from time to time though;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VAsRJRHD9a4

Been playing the game on and off since 06 and I still suck ass. I do believe my brother could have went pro if he found a good team though, srs he was very good. While I moved onto xbox playing halo and cod in 08, he kept to cs and became a beast. 

Been playing the game on and off since 06 and I still suck ***. I do believe my brother could have went pro if he found a good team though, srs he was very good. While I moved onto xbox playing halo and cod in 08, he kept to cs and became a beast. 

I have you added on Steam, would you be down to play some GO with me and some friends some time? Me and my buddy Myzzz are relatively new and have only been playing the last few days, however our friend L3o who is teaching us to play is quite good. We could use another player. 

I have you added on Steam, would you be down to play some GO with me and some friends some time? Me and my buddy Myzzz are relatively new and have only been playing the last few days, however our friend L3o who is teaching us to play is quite good. We could use another player. 

yeah sure thing man, just message me whenever you wanna play and I'm down as long as I'm not in a game of league :P. 

I'm currently playing CS:GO and trying to get the hang of things. I'm being 'coached' by a friend who's played for a really long time, which helps, but there's still a pretty steep learning curve. It's tough, but that's what I enjoy about it. It's nice to have a game where I can't just go out and naturally dominate a la Halo/COD.

that's what appeals to me about CS, it's very unforgiving

i also like the 1 life per round mechanic 

what is everyone's favorite map? i'm a fan of nuke and dust2 obviously, office is fun for dicking around

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

that's what appeals to me about CS, it's very unforgiving

i also like the 1 life per round mechanic 

what is everyone's favorite map? i'm a fan of nuke and dust2 obviously, office is fun for dicking around

Dust2, Train, and Inferno. I find nuke way too ct sided to enjoy as much as other maps. Love deag rushing Ivy on train though, which reminds me - I wish the deag was so sh*t on csgo. Makes me very sad.

Played a csgo matchmade game, went 32-5. This would be pretty fun with a team of 5.

The match was on dust2, there was a round when I was on t side and I was pushing through dub doors to ct spawn and a dude comes out of lower and starts shooting me in the back, I do a swift 180 and take him out and my teammates start praising how good I am. Feelsgoodman.

edit: just played another game and went 45-15. Had to carry sooo damn hard. when the game was over and my team came back to win, the kids on the other team asked me if I've ever seen the sun light lol. Little do they know I play like once every six months.

I played CS GO on the Xbox other then that I have never played one, but I have been watching twitch streams with all the tournaments they have. The game looks awesome at a competitive level and some of those guys are sick. 

First images of the de_mirage developer remake released, it's insane how different it looks from the community made iterations - more details in the coming days. For those aren't aware of the map, de_mirage aka de_cpl_strike was a map created specifically for tournament play. The current version in CSGO looks and plays like this;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I-sGdruGg3Y

I'm currently playing CS:GO pretty religiously, however I am relatively new (just started playing about 2 weeks ago). I'm only a Gold Nova II but a few of my friends (Master Elite's and the like) think I have a good amount of potential. If anyone in here wants to play, feel free to add me on steam. ID: heytred

I'm currently playing CS:GO pretty religiously, however I am relatively new (just started playing about 2 weeks ago). I'm only a Gold Nova II but a few of my friends (Master Elite's and the like) think I have a good amount of potential. If anyone in here wants to play, feel free to add me on steam. ID: heytred

I'm down, just send me a message on steam whenever you want to play. I could use some people to play with.

I'm down, just send me a message on steam whenever you want to play. I could use some people to play with.

Alright, I'll probably have some friends on around 4-4:30 p.m. EST.

EMS Summer Season LAN Finals taking place this weekend:

More Info; http://en.csgo.raidcall-emsone.com/summer-2013/finals/

Steam link; http://www.twitch.tv/esltv_cs

Bracket; http://www.hltv.org/?pageid=217&eventid=1155

Dreamteam (with prizes); http://www.hltv.org/n/10874

Guess the Bracket (with prizes); http://www.hltv.org/news/10878-guess-the-rc-ems-one-bracket

Saturday, June 29th

12:00 GMT fr.gif LDLC.com vs. dk.gif fnatic BO3 Q1

After Q1 dk.gif Copenhagen Wolves vs. fr.gif VeryGames BO3 Q2

After Q2 se.gif NiP vs. dk.gif Western Wolves BO3 Q3

After Q3 pl.gif ESC Gaming vs. ru.gif Virtus.pro BO3 Q4

Sunday, June 30th

14:00 GMT Semi-final #1 BO3 S1

After S1 Semi-final #2 BO3 S2

19:00 Grand final BO3 GF

Do most play on PC? I'd assume so, but I did buy CS:GO for console. Was a pretty easy transition because CS was my first competitive game on a PC with mouse and keyboard. As a console gamer for my whole life, it wasn't hard to adjust to a controller. The aim mechanics help too :)

I'm still a noob but I'd love to play matches with people who communicate.

If you guys enjoy CS, have you ever tried shadowrun?

Do most play on PC? I'd assume so, but I did buy CS:GO for console. Was a pretty easy transition because CS was my first competitive game on a PC with mouse and keyboard. As a console gamer for my whole life, it wasn't hard to adjust to a controller. The aim mechanics help too :)

I'm still a noob but I'd love to play matches with people who communicate.

If you guys enjoy CS, have you ever tried shadowrun?

I have CS:GO on the console too. I just have to redownload it. It's not as fun as it is on PC but it's still something to play every now and then. Plus having no Aim assist on console can really just mess you up if you're not used to it haha.

yes I´m watching it on the german stream atm. I love competitiv cs:go its incredible how good these players are individually and in terms of strategie

Its so good I support counterstrike as a competitive FPS. Maybe one day we will see Halo/Counterstrike side by side on MLG