CyReN

Xbox One Discussion

Voice commands aren't gestures.

I know, I'm just saying I dont want them to get rid of voice commands. Theyre pretty useful.

I know, I'm just saying I dont want them to get rid of voice commands. Theyre pretty useful.

I've seen an article saying they are not getting rid of voice commands and that they are also not getting rid of gestures in-game, only for the dashboard. GameSpot maybe? I'm on mobile I can't check right now.

And if there was an uproar about it, they would consider bringing the gestures back. But so few people used it that it is better to get rid of it.

I've seen an article saying they are not getting rid of voice commands and that they are also not getting rid of gestures in-game, only for the dashboard. GameSpot maybe? I'm on mobile I can't check right now.

And if there was an uproar about it, they would consider bringing the gestures back. But so few people used it that it is better to get rid of it.

That's good then its really annoying recording clips and taking screenshots without the Kinect.

• "External storage ready" popping up every time you hard reset is kinda annoying.
  • Can't use hamburger button to get to settings.
  • Can't hide games/apps now.

Besides that, looks pretty good so far.

• "External storage ready" popping up every time you hard reset is kinda annoying.
  • Can't use hamburger button to get to settings.
  • Can't hide games/apps now.
Besides that, looks pretty good so far.</p>

Just double tap the Xbox button. There's a quick way to settings there.

Liking the new UI, but why did they get rid of the section on profiles where you could see who people are in party and game with?

Liking the new UI, but why did they get rid of the section on profiles where you could see who people are in party and game with?

An oversight I think. Same for not being able to hide games/apps. 

I know the latter will be returning in a future update. Considering the former is still possible in the Windows 10 app, I'd expect it too to.

An oversight I think. Same for not being able to hide games/apps.

I know the latter will be returning in a future update. Considering the former is still possible in the Windows 10 app, I'd expect it too to.

Hopefully they'll go back to updating the console each month.

Hopefully they'll go back to updating the console each month.

Already confirmed :)

• Upvote (+1) 1

yeah, I still havent gotten prompted to update :/

Your console is most likely on Power Saving mode.

Go to Settings then System and download the update from there if you still have the old dash.

If Reach and H3 go backwards compatibility will all my saved films still be there?

You might have to put them your online fileshare, then save them locally. 

If Reach and H3 go backwards compatibility will all my saved films still be there?

Halo 3? No, since MS only saves "game saves" to the cloud and the film/screenshot content was not saved through Microsoft's servers, but on your hard drive instead. I don't remember if Reach was like this. The only things that will transfer is the stuff in your file share. Maybe you can transfer the files from your 360 hard drive to the Xbox One with a USB, not sure if that transfer will work though.

If you save them in the cloud, yes. For whatever reason, Halo maps, gametypes and films were tracked as game saves and were able to be saved in the 360 cloud storage. 

Its been a few years since I've actually played a 360 Halo title so maybe they fixed it.

Halo 3? No, since MS only saves "game saves" to the cloud and the film/screenshot content was not saved through Microsoft's servers, but on your hard drive instead. I don't remember if Reach was like this. The only things that will transfer is the stuff in your file share. Maybe you can transfer the files from your 360 hard drive to the Xbox One with a USB, not sure if that transfer will work though.

Depending on if they fixed the issue I mentioned above, it should be fine. No way to transfer files from a 360 to One via USB.