CyReN

Xbox One Discussion

What does the update feature?

http://news.xbox.com/2014/02/xbox-one-keeps-getting-better

Testing the March updates specifically. 

Apparently this isn't just a preview program for the one update, it is for all future updates. Unlike the 360, you can opt-out at any time. 

There is no way to sign-up so to speak, invites have been spent out to specific people via Xbox LIVE messages.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Yay got invited to the preview program! Downloaded an app and it said that I would know in 48 hours if I'm in the program or not, despite a message saying that I'm in the program after I entered the code. I don't know what's happening.

Most SP's are at least entertaining usually, replayability is almost always it's biggest crux so I typically put that above all else in terms of quality, I guess for halo in particular it's not needed as much because it already has a solid MP however it's still something I highly value when it comes to (halo) SP.

As for reach it IMO is easily best or at least second best in the series when it comes to SP, to give you a sense of why I say that you have to put it into a different perspective, as an example armor abilities actually made the game more dynamic/replayable and bloom made 1-shot enemies less fodderable, see from a SP POV reach made sense but of course people associate a lot of it's shortcomings with it's MP and don't think much of it afterwards.

Halo 4's SP though was complete garbage (in comparison with the series).

I unno, I found Reach's MP to be boring. Could care less about the characters in the game, especially since you know they were gonna die and that the events had already happened.

I unno, I found Reach's MP to be boring. Could care less about the characters in the game, especially since you know they were gonna die and that the events had already happened.

The characters weren't great but compared to the MC they worlds mire interesting.

Reach's theme was very different than the rest of the series, instead of it being about some unknown threat facing the universe and MC saving the day it was about sacrifice and sorrow, as an example at the very end your faced with the task of surviving however no matter how hard you try the inevitable conclusion will always be the same...

Makes me cry every time :(

The characters weren't great but compared to the MC they worlds mire interesting.

Reach's theme was very different than the rest of the series, instead of it being about some unknown threat facing the universe and MC saving the day it was about sacrifice and sorrow, as an example at the very end your faced with the task of surviving however no matter how hard you try the inevitable conclusion will always be the same...

Yeah idk. I never connected with the characters enough to really care about their deaths. The story of Reach (video game, not book) felt weak overall.

Kat - Russian chick that cares a lot about the mission

Carter - Did he even have a personality?

Jorge - Strongest of the bunch, but we needed more time with him

Emile - "I kill Covies for fun!" That's literally how deep his character went

• Upvote (+1) 2

Yeah idk. I never connected with the characters enough to really care about their deaths. The story of Reach (video game, not book) felt weak overall.

Kat - Russian chick that cares a lot about the mission

Carter - Did he even have a personality?

Jorge - Strongest of the bunch, but we needed more time with him

Emile - "I kill Covies for fun!" That's literally how deep his character went

Again, compared to the master chief they were more interesting.

Again, compared to the master chief they were more interesting.

Except they don't aim Master Chief to be any more. Bungie was obviously trying to create some deep character driven story and it was borderline cringe.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I meant SP, not MP. I unno. I didn't get emotional, felt nothing when they died. Now I'm not a heartless person, because there was definitely emotions going on during The Last of Us, but Reach introduces these super soldiers that I don't know at all and then they die within that 5 hours of game play or however long the campaign was, you get the point.

Am I the only one that hasn't played a halo campaign since probably 3? I think the storing is honestly a little boring and too repetitive. Just me.. Also can't wait for titan fall to be out. Whether it will be competitive or not (if so it needs some big settings changes) it was still a LOT of fun

• Upvote (+1) 1

Most people I doubt will need such a thing but for those who do it's nice they're doing it.

They will in at least two years. 500GB is not a lot when downloading games. Even if people choose to buy disc, many games now require to fully download it regardless (Ghosts, Forza 5, and Battlefield 4). These games are around 40GB each. It's not a problem now, but it will be by the end of the year if external hard drive support isn't added.

Xboners can stream now?

Yup. I'm about to stream some BF4 right now just to test it out just waiting for BF4 to finish updating. I'll post a link to my channel once its done.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Yup. I'm about to stream some BF4 right now just to test it out just waiting for BF4 to finish updating. I'll post a link to my channel once its done.

I was just gonna say, I'll come check it out.

I was just gonna say, I'll come check it out.

Yeah I can't get it to work right now seems to be buggy.

It keeps saying please wait while we test your internet bandwidth but wont start the broadcast.

Yeah I can't get it to work right now seems to be buggy.

It keeps saying please wait while we test your internet bandwidth but wont start the broadcast.

Hurtin, I wonder what would cause that? It's probably because there's a lot of people trying to stream at once.

Have you guys heard about the rumors floating around that MS will unveil directx 12 and the xbox one will use it?

btw how do you posts links on a mobile phone?

Have you guys heard about the rumors floating around that MS will unveil directx 12 and the xbox one will use it?

btw how do you posts links on a mobile phone?

DirectX 12?

I just copy and past the link.