CyReN

Xbox One Discussion

I wish Season 2 of the Walking Dead XBLA game was on the One.

It wouldn't surprise me if they released both Season One and Two on the Xbox One in the future, maybe after Season 2 finishes. 

After not holding a 360 controller since the x1 launch damn does the X1 controller feel so much better in your hand. I thought I had a 3rd controller when I first held the 360 one again but no it's just the ergonomics so much better on the x1 control. Damn.

• Upvote (+1) 1

After not holding a 360 controller since the x1 launch damn does the X1 controller feel so much better in your hand. I thought I had a 3rd controller when I first held the 360 one again but no it's just the ergonomics so much better on the x1 control. Damn.

Are you comparing the X1 controller to the 360 Wireless or wired controller?

Are you comparing the X1 controller to the 360 Wireless or wired controller?

Wired. My University has a giant gameplay lab that I just recently discovered and after playing for a while I got used to it again but at first it was jarring.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Kinect Sports looks absolutely beautiful. Game will most likely suck though. As I was watching the trailer all I imagine is a real Banjo sequel made by Rare. I've waited too long for a true sequel. It's obvious Rare understand the hardware the best of any developer so far.

Agreed. I had to go back to the 360 for AC: Liberation after using the X1 since launch. I would never think the 360 controller could feel uncomfortable...

Agreed. I had to go back to the 360 for AC: Liberation after using the X1 since launch. I would never think the 360 controller could feel uncomfortable...

Exactly, not once did I ever complain about the 360 controller feeling weird in hand but after using the x1 controller there is no going back.

So, I'm seeing the downside of Microsoft pushing this always online shit even though I completely agree with it. The army fucking blows. I just got stationed and the internet here isn't good enough to get on xbl. Have to have my mom open my xbox day one edition, download the update, download other games I wanna play then send that fucker to me. Anyone have a solution to where I can get on xbl? Do WiFi hotspots work?

Pretty disappointed the army doesnt give better internet options.... It's 2014 and for 50$ a month I can get 1mb of speed.....

Where are you stationed? I play with plenty of friends in the military who are stationed in the US.

Where are you stationed? I play with plenty of friends in the military who are stationed in the US.

I'm at Fort Carson, CO. The people I've talked to said there's only 2 internet options you can get and they both suck. I'm gunna look into it more but I can't believe I can't get internet from Verizon or someone else.

Internet (generally speaking) is years behind, we pay about $35 a month and our internet is 3.5 mbps, that means 1 dollar is worth .1 Mbps, sorry but for 2014 that's kinda slow.

to be fair though we do live in WV which is probably not helping much though.

Anyone else having mic problems??

Two of my friends and me have all had are mics break in the last couple weeks in the exact same way. The wires in the cord is the problem because you have to hold the cord a certian way to get them to work. I can't wait for a decent mic and I am defitly not buying the new Xbox One Stereo mic because I don' think I can trust it either.

Anyone know if steelseries is gonna be able to make a Xbox One compatible mic? Is is Xbox One doing deals with Turtle Beach only??

So I figured out my internet situation. Paying an arm and a leg to get decent internet but oh well.

So I figured out my internet situation. Paying an arm and a leg to get decent internet but oh well.

Gotta love the US borderline-monopoly cable companies

Copy pasta from locked thread.

The justification that I have seen over and over is "I like the games Microsoft puts out." I personally think this is flawed logic, because essentially what they are saying is "I like Halo 3, and GoW 1/2, OH AND TITANFALL EVEN THOUGH NO ONE HAS PLAYED IT! (pre beta)" I find it humorous that Microsoft pretty much owns their fan boys, and no matter how many times their exclusives are bad, they keep coming back. You pay more for xbox live, you don't have as many features, PS+ > Games for Gold, better hardware (better graphics), and solid games too. 

I was a huge Microsoft supporter. I owned an xbox on day 1, and a 360 (several) shortly after. I waited in line for Halo 3, and spent several hundred on xbox live of the years. The fact is, they fucked up with the xbox one. It is extremely casual, and for the price, is simply not worth it. Their announcement with always on technology, and the inability to share games killed them, and regardless of the back peddle, they are paying for it. This can be seen by Sony simply smashing all of Microsoft's numbers, and it has not even been released in Japan yet. http://venturebeat.c...tends-its-lead/

If the console war continues at it's current rate, it is possible devs will choose the ps4 over the xbox one simply because it has a larger install base. (See 2:1 sales for Tomb Raider). People complain about shooters not being on the ps4, yet the most competitive shooter atm is CoD Ghosts which not shockingly looks better on the PS4. 

So why is it that MLG and the competitive community is shelling out an additional $100 for a game that looks inferior? The simple reason is the community is a bunch of children. Stubborn children who were never taught to think for themselves. I am sure there will be arguments of "the controller is not as good for FPS!" the controller is fine, it took me 2 mins to adjust to it. (Also doesn't it have more features? (Touch pad, speaker, Audio from tv if you plug in headphones which is great when my gf wants to sleep and I want to watch netflix) People will continue to suck from the tit of microsoft/bungie regardless how sour the milk is when there is much cheaper and better alternatives near by.

• Downvote (-1) 4

Alright now I will.

Xbox Live features dedicated servers for every single game. Playstation does not. So that's a huge advantage out the gate.

And then you mention that at the current rate devs will eventually just focus on PS4. Are you that dense? Are you not aware that Xbox One is outselling PS4 in games? Are you also not aware that first 5 months of a consoles life cycle does not determine who wins? I'm sure you didn't.

And the reason they play on Xbox is because they are not going to make the entire community buy a 400$ machine when their community is entirely based in Xbox, plus you mentioned the features of the PS4 controller and mentioned touch pad integration when talking about competively play.....

There's more that needs to be said but I can't wrap my mind around the density.

@@Violenc3, it sure seems like you constantly have to convince yourself that you made the right decision in choosing ps4 > xbox 

"xbox sux dawg, you gotta pay for xbl and ps4 has better hardware"

fyi they both have pleb hardware, you paid 400 for 350 worth of hardware  (which fyi is super low budget)

the cpu is low end, and the graphics card is middle of the road 

so enjoy your lower quality games that cost significantly more than their pc counterparts 

Alright now I will.

Xbox Live features dedicated servers for every single game. Playstation does not. So that's a huge advantage out the gate.

I am not aware of a single PS4 game that doesn't use dedicated servers besides NFS which btw doesn't have dedicated servers on the Xbox One either... So your comment of "every single game" is not true. http://www.videogamer.com/reviews/need_for_speed_rivals_review.html

And then you mention that at the current rate devs will eventually just focus on PS4. Are you that dense? Are you not aware that Xbox One is outselling PS4 in games? Are you also not aware that first 5 months of a consoles life cycle does not determine who wins? I'm sure you didn't.

I was not able to find a chart of software sales starting in November, but here is January. What you will see is the Ps4 is outselling the Xbox One on all 10 most popular games except Lego Marvel Super Heros, and CoD Ghosts. (lol)

417365-npd-january-video-game-title-sale

And the reason they play on Xbox is because they are not going to make the entire community buy a 400$ machine when their community is entirely based in Xbox, plus you mentioned the features of the PS4 controller and mentioned touch pad integration when talking about competively play.....

Wasn't that my point? That the community is full of children who are unwilling to change? The touch bad does not have to be used competitively, it is merely a feature.

There's more that needs to be said but I can't wrap my mind around the density.

@@Violenc3, it sure seems like you constantly have to convince yourself that you made the right decision in choosing ps4 > xbox 

"xbox sux dawg, you gotta pay for xbl and ps4 has better hardware"

fyi they both have pleb hardware, you paid 400 for 350 worth of hardware  (which fyi is super low budget)

the cpu is low end, and the graphics card is middle of the road 

so enjoy your lower quality games that cost significantly more than their pc counterparts 

My last post didn't go through in the last thread as it was locked. I have a high end computer that I use for probably 80% of my gaming time. I personally feel that consoles fill a void that computers can't. When my friends come over we are not going to play on the PC, we play the PS4. Consoles (both the Ps4 and Xbox One) are better for party games, sports games, etc. When I am tired after a long day sometimes I enjoy probably myself up in bed and playing a console. Regardless of the hardware console games always look good because it is standardized unlike PC.