CyReN

Xbox One Discussion

Do me a favor and quote that part in the article because the site is blocked at my work for some reason. Let's discuss which developers are talking about not wanting to develop exclusives. Let's have this worthy discussion.

It is not a quote, it is common sense. Why sell to a lesser market? This is not rocket surgery. 

Do me a favor and quote that part in the article because the site is blocked at my work for some reason. Let's discuss which developers are talking about not wanting to develop exclusives. Let's have this worthy discussion.

Right? Especially when the 360 was getting outsold by a lot more than that overseas last generation. 

Seems like we are having this discussion about 8 years too late. Even later if we want to factor in how poorly the original xbox performed outside the U.S.

It is not a quote, it is common sense. Why sell to a lesser market? This is not rocket surgery. 

Oh so this discussion is based on common sense, and not the article you posted? Again, great job posting an article which I assume contains the sales figures, and nothing else, considering you can't quote a thing from it.

In what way should I trust your common sense logic? You already threw out a lot of credibility you could have had earlier in the thread, and you have no developer experience.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Oh so this discussion is based on common sense, and not the article you posted? Again, great job posting an article which I assume contains the sales figures, and nothing else, considering you can't quote a thing from it.

In what way should I trust your common sense logic? You already threw out a lot of credibility you could have had earlier in the thread, and you have no developer experience.

It is not difficult to assume that developers want to make money. They invest in making a game and maximizing profits. Console exclusives generally get more advertisement from their console, and tend to sell well as a result. If a console is losing by double in a market, why would you isolate yourself to that system. No I am not a developer, but I am an educated person, who doesn't have my head up Microsoft's ass. This is my first Sony system since the Ps2, and I have owned every xbox up to the xbox 360 (multiple 360s at that due to RRoD). Try to see past your bias, and realize that your console of choice is getting SHIT ON.

• Downvote (-1) 2

Who cares. Sony got a lot of good press when they did everything too make fans happy. Good for them. They had to too sell consoles. It only represents how much stock people put in to press conferences.

It is not difficult to assume that developers want to make money. They invest in making a game and maximizing profits. Console exclusives generally get more advertisement from their console, and tend to sell well as a result. If a console is losing by double in a market, why would you isolate yourself to that system. No I am not a developer, but I am an educated person, who doesn't have my head up Microsoft's ass. This is my first Sony system since the Ps2, and I have owned every xbox up to the xbox 360 (multiple 360s at that due to RRoD). Try to see past your bias, and realize that your console of choice is getting SHIT ON.

Let's clear some air here. I've got no bias towards any console. I'm a looooong time Xbox gamer.. since day one. I recognize that the Ps4 is the better console for the price. So now that you know I have no bias towards the consoles, I'll tell you my issue.

My issue is that all your good for is speculating and assuming. You are trying to pull points from the depth of your ass. The fact that you call yourself educated, yet ASSUME ALL THE TIME. USING COMMON SESNSE LOL. Try facts, substance, or citing some sources that can back up w/e you're talking about. It's why I ask you to quote ANYTHING in that article to back up your claim. Education isn't common sense. If you had shown me actual developer concern, I would have given you the nod of the hat and thanked you.

Common sense tells you perfect dark had no chance of being a Halo Killer. COMMON SENSE. Tell me how these early numbers are so detrimental to the future of games. They were just released and have limited availability, slow the fuck down, and read a book.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Why do you people even care which console sells more? I prefer Xbox do I will play Xbox whether or not the PS4 sells more. I'm not a sheep.

-Party system is god awful. 

-Half the time when I invite someone or they invite me the invite doesn't show up at all.

-The other half they join my party but never get the invite to the game

-You can't just join peoples game, must have an invite that often never shows up

-When the invite actually does show up, it doesn't say who its from (for a game invite and not party) 

-The whole friends list just sucks, it takes way longer to do everything

-You can't talk or hear anyone in game chat while on your friends list or sending a message

-You don't get notifications when people get online

-You usually don't get notifications when you get a message

-You can't send voice messages

-You can't view recent players 

- You can't chat through a headset so you have to wear two headsets and can only hear game sound out of one ear

-There is only stereo sound and not surround

-There is no option to make voice come through speakers

• Upvote (+1) 3

You guys see the White Xbox One? They should've went with that scene me instead. That X1 looks sick.

I agree, the White Xbox One looks so much better, I assume they know it does since only Xbox employees are able to get one for the time being.

• Upvote (+1) 1

-Party system is god awful. 

-Half the time when I invite someone or they invite me the invite doesn't show up at all.

-The other half they join my party but never get the invite to the game

-You can't just join peoples game, must have an invite that often never shows up

-When the invite actually does show up, it doesn't say who its from (for a game invite and not party) 

-The whole friends list just sucks, it takes way longer to do everything

-You can't talk or hear anyone in game chat while on your friends list or sending a message

-You don't get notifications when people get online

-You usually don't get notifications when you get a message

-You can't send voice messages

-You can't view recent players 

- You can't chat through a headset so you have to wear two headsets and can only hear game sound out of one ear

-There is only stereo sound and not surround

-There is no option to make voice come through speakers

And this is all true?

If so, it's amazing how companies take features like those for granted, like they weren't important to anybody.

Double Fine, Team 17, Ninja Bee, Zen Studios, Panic Button, Definition 6, Zeboyd Games, Signal Studios, Half-Brick, Inis, Comcept, Behaviour Interactive, Team Colorblind, Double Eleven, Slightly Mad Studios, High Voltage Software, Gaijin Games, The Men Who Wear Many Hats, Way Forward, Other Ocean, Jackbox Games, Hidden Path, Happion Labs, Capy, The Odd Gentlemen, and Nicalis.

That's a nice list of developers working on indies for XboxOne. Slated for early 2014 release.

Most excited about Super Time Force and Below made by Capybara. 

HOW DO U INVITE PEOPLE TO GAMES

You have to use the in game invite system in most games because they took out the invite to game feature that was on the 360. Stupid I know.

You have to use the in game invite system in most games because they took out the invite to game feature that was on the 360. Stupid I know.

There was no notification of an invite when I used it in game.

I have a question.

So i have halo 3, gears of war, etc downloaded on my 360. They appear in the download history on my account. If I got a xbox one would I be able to download them onto the xbox one and play them.

I have a question.

So i have halo 3, gears of war, etc downloaded on my 360. They appear in the download history on my account. If I got a xbox one would I be able to download them onto the xbox one and play them.

No. Neither system is backwards compatible. 

No. Neither system is backwards compatible. 

well thats dumb. i can understand discs not being read but having xbl service exclusive to the 360 seems illogical. the reason i thought halo3/gow went free was so you can download them on the xbox one.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Nope, something both systems are working on integrating through their cloud systems over the next year or two. 

If you have an XBoxOne go buy Peggle 2. You're doing yourself a disservice if you don't. 

well thats dumb. i can understand discs not being read but having xbl service exclusive to the 360 seems illogical. the reason i thought halo3/gow went free was so you can download them on the xbox one.

It is a different software reading the discs/download. 

Not starting any wars here, but sales of the PS4 and XBO are very similar, both have sold 2 minion consoles, and it seems Microsoft is keeping better stock of the consoles as a whole than the PS4, especially in America.

http://kotaku.com/microsoft-sells-two-million-xbox-ones-which-is-good-ne-1481088998

Just read an article on IGN about sales. They are not tied. Ps4 is definitely ahead, but no one is sure by how much until numbers are released.

PS4 sold 2.1 million before MSFT announced that they sold 2 Million. They say if Sony is selling at a consistent rate then they might be around 2.85 million consoles sold.

In terms of sales I think the PS4 will be the most sold console in the world. I think where we will see close numbers is mainly in North America. I'm not just saying that because I want Sony to "win". I legitimately believe with how well sales are in UK and North America plus apparently the X1s release might be or is going to be delayed in the Nordic.

Sony still has yet to release their console in Japan too. Have they even released in Asia yet?

I don't think X1 restocking faster is gonna have a huge effect, but I'm sure it's helping.

Just read an article on IGN about sales. They are not tied. Ps4 is definitely ahead, but no one is sure by how much until numbers are released.

PS4 sold 2.1 million before MSFT announced that they sold 2 Million. They say if Sony is selling at a consistent rate then they might be around 2.85 million consoles sold.

In terms of sales I think the PS4 will be the most sold console in the world. I think where we will see close numbers is mainly in North America. I'm not just saying that because I want Sony to "win". I legitimately believe with how well sales are in UK and North America plus apparently the X1s release might be or is going to be delayed in the Nordic.

Sony still has yet to release their console in Japan too. Have they even released in Asia yet?

I don't think X1 restocking faster is gonna have a huge effect, but I'm sure it's helping.

Trust me, as soon as the PS4 launches in Japan, it's going to absolutely destroy the numbers.

To the casual gamer, most people I've talked have said they don't want PS4 because it's a PlayStation, they want to keep their progress from Xbox, or they don't want to wait for a PS4 to be in stock.

While subjective, over the next year, XBO definitely has better exclusives, and we'll see if the PS4 being 100 dollars cheaper will actually make a difference, as well as having the overall popular opinion.