CyReN

Xbox One Discussion

So what is the list of problems on the Xbox One at this point?

The party system needs to be cleaned up. It can get confusing when trying to join a game lobby and a party lobby in some titles, since they seem to mash them up together. As you can tell, it's even confusing to explain. It just doesn't make sense. Though the chat quality is as clear as I can hope and the party system still works, so the fix shouldn't be hard, or I hope. Another odd issue is that there's no notification when friends come online. I understand it being taken away since we can now have 1,000 friends, but there should at least be an option for each friend so we can be notified when they come online. And another problem relating with chat, when in a Skype chat, it doesn't turn off the in-game chat like party does, so you have to mute everyone first so they're not hearing what you're saying in Skype.

Basically, all the problems I'm having are intentional on Microsoft's end or things they missed. They all seem to be easy fixes, but I'm speaking out of my ass when I say that, so who knows.

The Xbone controller gives me cramps. Weird.

Are the bumpers really that bad? They look terrible.

Are the bumpers really that bad? They look terrible.

Not to bad now actually. It's thicker than the 360 and took a bit to get used to.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Not to bad now actually. It's thicker than the 360 and took a bit to get used to.

360 controller is better minus the d-pad?

I can't imagine playing bumper jumper with the new bumpers, conroller is very good though.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I like the new controller a lot. Bumpers are not worse but it was unnecessarily changed.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I just slightly changed how I hold the controller and they work great.

Just a change people aren't use to right away. Which should be expected with a new console.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Yeah I love new controller hasn't given me any problems just takes some time to get used too.

However, I do not like how they took away the ability to see home much battery life you have remaining. I can see that becoming very annoying.

Also even though the whole TV thing is cool I still find myself using my cable box remote to change the channel because it's just easier.

• Upvote (+1) 1

So yea. Fucked up the thread I was posting in.

Anyways, something relevant, I do enjoy how easy and convinent swapping between apps is. Only thing I don't like is how I don't have the quick guide that the 360 had.

Yeah like everyone else I think the 360 controller is the best controller made of all time minus the d-pad, but the bumpers look tough and I heard the sticks are smaller. But everything's all G? No stick issues?

Yeah I love new controller hasn't given me any problems just takes some time to get used too.

However, I do not like how they took away the ability to see home much battery life you have remaining. I can see that becoming very annoying.

Also even though the whole TV thing is cool I still find myself using my cable box remote to change the channel because it's just easier.

Something I've noticed watching next gen is the quick dashboard and you go straight to the home dashboard. I don't know why they took it away from both consoles, but it was convenient as fuck when you were doing small things.

How's the online for the X1? The dedis making a big difference?

The dedis alone are worth the purchase if your coming off the H3 hype train lol. I feel like the dedis will allow for more legit online tournaments and more skill-ful aiming as well as devs wont have to compensate for lag as much. I haven't said "fuck this lag/screw this warrior" once while playing Ghosts so far.

• Upvote (+1) 1

The dedis alone are worth the purchase if your coming off the H3 hype train lol. I feel like the dedis will allow for more legit online tournaments and more skill-ful aiming as well as devs wont have to compensate for lag as much. I haven't said "fuck this lag/screw this warrior" once while playing Ghosts so far.

Lol I've been back on H3 way before that hype train. Kinda just accepted sometimes people eat shots, oh well. Lol

That's good that the dedis are making a difference. I'm sure my friends I play live with further up north will appreciate it.

Killer instinct online is amazing. All the pros are saying this is the only game where practicing from your home is legitimate.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Killer instinct online is amazing. All the pros are saying this is the only game where practicing from your home is legitimate.

Is KI a good competitive fighter?

Is KI a good competitive fighter?

Its seems to be decent.  Only played at the launch tournament but i definitely has some good qualities to it and it seems a lot of pros and players are picking it up.  The game also VERY excellent in teaching you how to play Fighting Games in general.  

The Dojo mode/tutorial mode is by far the best FG tut I've seen as well.  I'd recommend playing the tutorial and see if you like how the game plays once you have an understanding of how to play the make a decision on to buy it or not.

Game is also getting people into the comp scene with it being F2p and the tut being really helpful

Zoo Tycoon already killed Halo.

I just realized only Peggle 2 and Spartan Assault are dropping this month. I'm really excited for Peggle 2, but there just aren't any games coming out in December. Actually might pick up a Wii U and play Super Mario 3D Land over break while I finish up A Link Between Worlds. 

Wow what an insightful article for the xbox one discussion thread. I think we should stay focused and talk about how Viva Pinata 2 will the next Halo killer.

I think a discussion based on developers not wanting to develop exclusives for a console that is getting outsold 2:1 in a large reason is worthy of discussion.

I think a discussion based on developers not wanting to develop exclusives for a console that is getting outsold 2:1 in a large reason is worthy of discussion.

Do me a favor and quote that part in the article because the site is blocked at my work for some reason. Let's discuss which developers are talking about not wanting to develop exclusives. Let's have this worthy discussion.