CyReN

Xbox One Discussion

Can you see if the Kinect mic is easy to turn on/use? Seems like it's going to have to be the mic everyone uses until adapters come out.

The Kinect microphone is about the quality of your average 360 headset . I was quite surprised at how much better it is than its predecessor .

Can you see if the Kinect mic is easy to turn on/use? Seems like it's going to have to be the mic everyone uses until adapters come out.

To add to sketch's response, the quality of party chat using the microphone is what you expect from Skype. It is impressive and has great quality, but the speaker on one ear is still annoying, so I will be tossing it aside the day the adapters come out.

To add to sketch's response, the quality of party chat using the microphone is what you expect from Skype. It is impressive and has great quality, but the speaker on one ear is still annoying, so I will be tossing it aside the day the adapters come out.

There's a mic you get and there's a kinect mic correct? I have Astros so I will probably use kinect so I can use the Astros and talk. Have you tested the Kinect mic? And if so how do you turn it on? Thanks in advance.

The Kinect microphone is about the quality of your average 360 headset . I was quite surprised at how much better it is than its predecessor .

I saw a video comparing and it sounds pretty good.

There's a mic you get and there's a kinect mic correct? I have Astros so I will probably use kinect so I can use the Astros and talk. Have you tested the Kinect mic? And if so how do you turn it on? Thanks in advance.

Yes, you get a headset and the Kinect mic. You can turn the Kinect's mic on and off for chat, while keeping it on for voice commands.

Getting to the kinect settings to change this you go to Games&Apps > Settings > Kinect 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Have a couple questions for people with an X1 already.

1. (Assuming the Twitch app is already available and you can watch streams with it, which I understand to be the case) Can you snap Twitch and watch streams while playing a game? Is it laggy at all if you do so? Can you mute or turn up/down the volume level on the Twitch stream while snapped?

2. Snapping the Youtube app and watching a video while playing a game. Possible? Laggy?

3. I've heard you can't actually manage hard drive space manually like on 360, is that true?

Have a couple questions for people with an X1 already.

1. (Assuming the Twitch app is already available and you can watch streams with it, which I understand to be the case) Can you snap Twitch and watch streams while playing a game? Is it laggy at all if you do so? Can you mute or turn up/down the volume level on the Twitch stream while snapped?

2. Snapping the Youtube app and watching a video while playing a game. Possible? Laggy?

3. I've heard you can't actually manage hard drive space manually like on 360, is that true?

I'm currently watching a movie but you can snap twitch . Both are playing very cleanly . When I'm loading a lobby or driving in forza it lags a bit . But I also had crackle running in the background . 

Maybe I'm bad at Xbox but I dont think Youtube is snapable ,

Correct . you can't manage HD space . 

Bright side is all of this will most likely be updated in the future . 

So I tried out Dead Rising 3 at my friends place yesterday since he bought the Xbox One. The Kinect voice thing is a small feature, but it really impressed me. Even in the DR3 start menu, if you want to navigate it quickly, you can say something like "go to weapons blueprints" and it jumps right to it. Also while playing the game, you can say stuff like "go scavenge" or "follow me" or "attack" which tells the AI to do things. The same thing applied for the BF4 campaign missions. It was actually surprisingly responsive (even more so than the xbox home menu which occasionally took two attempts to get it to perform an action). 

1a0.png?w=600&h=416.83870967741933

XB1 continuing the Xbox 360 trend of failing launch hardware I see. No definitive data on the amount of units affected by M$ but I am predicting its higher than PS4.

I still cant install games for shit.... had to install offline and then online and then offline again to play BF last night took me the whole night.

I still cant install games for shit.... had to install offline and then online and then offline again to play BF last night took me the whole night.

How much space does a game like BF4 take up?

Got the xbox one tonight its amazing. Just tried out the kinect voice commands and Killer Instinct. Getting games tomorrow so I have my 360 hooked in it to play ghosts

Finally will be getting my replacement console tomorrow from Microsoft. For my inconvenience they gave me a free game (choice of DR3, Ryse and Forza 5) I chose DR3, a free controller and a free 3 month so while I am still upset this even happened at least i'm not completely left without anything. 

• Upvote (+1) 6

So does anyone else see montage ability in the Upload Studio or am I crazy ?

Also do we have a thread on Xboners friending more Xboners ?

Yes you can make a montage using game clips you already have recorded i think you can use up to 10.

And I just made a thread  :)

Yes you can make a montage using game clips you already have recorded i think you can use up to 10.

And I just made a thread  :)

Well you can re-record clips . Use the multi-clip function to merge like 5 clips , then merge 5 other ones and do that until you get 5 1 minute clips then merge them all into a 5 minute montage .

I'll go check it out . 

• Upvote (+1) 1

How's the online for the X1? The dedis making a big difference?

How's the online for the X1? The dedis making a big difference?

Yes. Some games on CoD Ghosts feels like LAN. Dedis are definitely doing work. I haven't tried it out on PS4 yet though.

• Upvote (+1) 1