CyReN

Xbox One Discussion

This may be a dumb question but I'm unaware. Does the console come with a wire for the controller?

Comes with a wire. When you connect it it takes all wireless capabilities off and works just like a wired controller for the 360 would.

• Upvote (+1) 1

So I asked my friend the other day that worked on Xbox one testing for Microsoft to see what else is up with Xbox One and he said that console itself isn't ready and performance isn't there and like most of it is incomplete especially the operating systems that Xbox One. Games for it aren't performing exactly as they want to be. Kinect 2.0 works when it works like 70% of the time.

Noted this could be the Beta Xbox Ones that they were using but if that performs at launch that would be concerning.

Now I saw this from Kotaku....

http://kotaku.com/the-xbox-one-the-kotaku-review-1467960010

Can only hope all the updates they put out can resolve the issues. Might be a bumpy launch for Xbox One.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Guys, consoles never are operating exactly like they want them to be when they release. This isn't anything new. It happens in every generation.

Do you think PS4 is happy with how PSN is working right now? It is an absolute shit show to see if that and some of the other services will work. Just like with the XBox One, certain games are chugging along when there is too much on the screen, and stuff just isn't working properly. 

It happens every time a console releases and it won't be any different with either console this generation. Both of them will take some time to find themselves and figure out exactly what they and what they want to be. 

The early versions of the XBox One, which I have one currently in my possession are being updated daily and usually multiple times a day. They will be working on a bigger patch directly after release I guarantee, just like PS4 is trying to put another one out there already.

That first year of new consoles is a mess. Both of them are having issues and are going to continue to have issues. Be prepared for that if you buy one early. 

Only if Titanfall was a launch title.  Think of all the people who are holding out on getting an XB1 untill Titanfall releases in March. 

Yep thats exactly what I'll be doing.

Partially because I don't care about the launch titles, and partially because Dropping $500+ on November 22nd would fuck me over when trying to buy Christmas presents for family and friends.

Did Sony say Congrats to Microsoft ?

For what? Consoles not out till the 22nd.

Feels strange that its right here in front of us finally. So much excitement! strange that microsoft store has my KI Ultimate Edition listed as back orderd when I bought it back in october o.O? I hope i get it on launch day..

This may be a dumb question but I'm unaware. Does the console come with a wire for the controller?

There is no more wired or wireless controller...

Every Controller ships with a removable USB cable.

For what? Consoles not out till the 22nd.

Oh. I feel dumb.

My friend got one so I assumed it was out already.

Oh. I feel dumb.

My friend got one so I assumed it was out already.

What's everyone's friend getting one? I don't know one person who owns a PS4 or an Xbox One.

There is so much crap on both consoles that quite frankly just isn't ready for launch. Yet another reason why I'm waiting a few months to grab a console. As for Astro users, it sounds like there is a temporary work around (see below). The bigger problem is that I'm pretty sure they still don't have an adapter for voice chat on the XBone. 

Microsoft’s decision to drop Dolby® encoding on their SPDIF output at launch does have ramifications for ASTRO’s products. While our products do not process DTS signals, we do have on-board Dolby® encoding in both our A50 Wireless Transmitter as well as our Wired MixAmp™ Pro. An Xbox One gamer will need to select Stereo output for game audio, but our MixAmps will process that stereo signal with Dolby ProLogic II and encode it with Dolby® Headphone – *the* gold standard for simulated 7.1 Surround Sound for gaming headphones.

So have no fear gamers, your ASTRO’s will still provide a Dolby® Digital Surround experience no matter what your console choice.

• Upvote (+1) 1

There is so much crap on both consoles that quite frankly just isn't ready for launch. Yet another reason why I'm waiting a few months to grab a console. As for Astro users, it sounds like there is a temporary work around (see below). The bigger problem is that I'm pretty sure they still don't have an adapter for voice chat on the XBone.

Microsoft’s decision to drop Dolby® encoding on their SPDIF output at launch does have ramifications for ASTRO’s products. While our products do not process DTS signals, we do have on-board Dolby® encoding in both our A50 Wireless Transmitter as well as our Wired MixAmp™ Pro. An Xbox One gamer will need to select Stereo output for game audio, but our MixAmps will process that stereo signal with Dolby ProLogic II and encode it with Dolby® Headphone – *the* gold standard for simulated 7.1 Surround Sound for gaming headphones.

So have no fear gamers, your ASTRO’s will still provide a Dolby® Digital Surround experience no matter what your console choice.

Will you have to select stereo sound in game?

Will you have to select stereo sound in game?

I'm completely guessing here but I think there would be an option for stereo sound under the Xbox One settings menu. I know others on this thread know people with the console already so maybe they have an answer. My friend is getting his tonight so maybe by tomorrow I'd have a definitive answer.

I got top 32 for my Killer instinct tournament.

Brb goin pro soon

Out of? Who'd you play as?

256 I believe. I played as Jago

That's solid. You play as Ryu, makes sense. I should've guessed that. Lol

• Upvote (+1) 1

Fun to see people formulate opinions without even a slight experience with a game or tech.

Love seeing all the positive reactions from people today that actually purchased the system though. People are really digging the snap feature. I've seen a nonstop stream of tweets on my feed.

• Upvote (+1) 1

My friend didn't get a wire to attach to his controller. Are all controllers wireless or do you have to pay extra for a cable to make it wired?

My friend didn't get a wire to attach to his controller. Are all controllers wireless or do you have to pay extra for a cable to make it wired?

I think he got Microsofted then. From what I heard, all consoles came with a USB cable to make it a wired controller. Tell him to double check all the cables and inside the box. :/

I think he got Microsofted then. From what I heard, all consoles came with a USB cable to make it a wired controller. Tell him to double check all the cables and inside the box. :/

I've been searching online. Evidently, any micro USB to USB cable works BUT it doesn't come included with the Xbox. That's sort of bummer. 

I've been searching online. Evidently, any micro USB to USB cable works BUT it doesn't come included with the Xbox. That's sort of bummer.

Yeah this is a bummer I could swore on the Major Nelson unboxing it came with the micro USB cable.

The micro USB cable was never said to be in the box, just some mis-communication in this thread. I bought the wire today, it was around $20, comes with the wire and a rechargeable battery. They also have a bundle with a controller. The micro usb port on the controller really locks the micro USB in btw, no way that thing's coming off randomly while you're playing.

The micro USB cable was never said to be in the box, just some mis-communication in this thread. I bought the wire today, it was around $20, comes with the wire and a rechargeable battery. They also have a bundle with a controller. The micro usb port on the controller really locks the micro USB in btw, no way that thing's coming off randomly while you're playing.

Can you see if the Kinect mic is easy to turn on/use? Seems like it's going to have to be the mic everyone uses until adapters come out.