CyReN

Xbox One Discussion

Still debating on what games to get at launch.

What games are you most excited for at launch???

None of the exclusives. Just Ghosts, ACIV mainly. BF4 doesn't have much interest on console as I can play it on PC better anyways.

Only if Titanfall was a launch title.  Think of all the people who are holding out on getting an XB1 untill Titanfall releases in March. 

Only if Titanfall was a launch title.  Think of all the people who are holding out on getting an XB1 untill Titanfall releases in March. 

That's exactly what I was thinking of doing until I realized that the console isn't going to change in price until at least a year (if that), so I might as well enjoy Forza 5 and Killer Instinct in the meantime instead of being bored in GTA Online.

$500 and the thing still uses AA batteries in the controllers.

But at least you can buy a rechargeable pack for a mere $75 with the extra controller you don't even want.

They sell Play and Charge Kits by themselves (same as they did with Xbox 360), also Walmart has them for $20 on Friday and Saturday too.

• Upvote (+1) 1

But at least you can buy a rechargeable pack for a mere $75 with the extra controller you don't even want.

The play and charge kit is only $25 by itself.

Think im going to pick up AC 4, Ryse, and possibly BF 4 on Launch night, I just got a new BenQ MLG monitor so I am psyched to play my XB1 on it  :)

o3TTn0A.png

Can you post the link to the site? Would like to bookmark it.

This. I love MS's controller design on this one. Even if it still uses batteries, it can automatically become a wired controller when you plug it in. To my knowledge, the PS4 doesn't do that.

PS3 controller and the PS4 controller does that and has rechargeable batteries. How so you think you recharge the battery? With the cord it gives you in the box.

PS3 controller and the PS4 controller does that and has rechargeable batteries. How so you think you recharge the battery? With the cord it gives you in the box.

To my knowledge, when you plug the PS4/PS3 controller in, it still transmits wirelessly. The Xbox One's controller radio turns off when you plug it in.

Rechargeable batteries bro. Buy them...

• Upvote (+1) 1

^ Thanks! Was considering jumping on the Amazon deal, but I have a feeling there will be no games I will enjoy on the new consoles. I'll probably wait a few weeks.

To my knowledge, when you plug the PS4/PS3 controller in, it still transmits wirelessly. The Xbox One's controller radio turns off when you plug it in.

Im pretty sure Playstation did away with wired controllers with the PS3. 

*Ensue neogaf still being butthurt on Polygon giving Killzone a shit rating and yelling they're MS sponsored*

The xbox is being rated higher right now and it is only going to get better. Many of the functions of the xbox wont be taken advantage of at launch and other parts are still in beta. Once they get everything sorted and companies are taking advantage of the innovations that come with the xbox it will have sony fanboys crying into their pillows at night. I'm looking forward to a lot of the integration between my computer, my phone and my xbox especially with things like project spark.

I'm actually surprised by some of these reviews. It has been enjoyable, but I didn't think these companies would be eating it up like this. There is just so many innovations and so much promise with this system. The amount of things they should be able to do within a year in comparison to the Wii U and PS4 should really set it apart. Especially if they can drop the price. 

I think PS4 is thinking initial sales and hype while Xbox is thinking the next decade.

I don't think so. When the wire unplugs the controller turns of and switches to wireless.

The xbox is being rated higher right now and it is only going to get better. Many of the functions of the xbox wont be taken advantage of at launch and other parts are still in beta. Once they get everything sorted and companies are taking advantage of the innovations that come with the xbox it will have sony fanboys crying into their pillows at night. I'm looking forward to a lot of the integration between my computer, my phone and my xbox especially with things like project spark.

I doubt it.

This may be a dumb question but I'm unaware. Does the console come with a wire for the controller?

Yes and two AA batteries in the controller I believe.

Yes and two AA batteries in the controller I believe.

Okay awesome so I won't need the play and charge kit! I wasn't looking forward to spending loads of money on batteries lol