CyReN

Xbox One Discussion

So someone broke into our home yesterday and stole pretty much all the electronics they could get their hands on and carry out. Unfortunately I lost my Xbox one when it happened along with other things I'd rather not mention since it only makes me more upset smh.

Anyways my buddies I grew up with knew how excited I was about Gears of War because that's all I would ever talk about with them. We've also been playing Destiny a lot recently because we were preparing for the Taken King. When they heard about the break in from me they felt bad about it and tried to help me find it at local pawn shops but we had no luck. Well tonight they walked on my doorstep with another console. They pitched in and ended up buying me another used console the next day and I had no idea what to say but thank you. I couldn't believe anyone would actually go out of their way like that for me and it was awesome. I have no idea how to repay them but it was probably one of the nicest things someone could do. I was left speechless.

Hope everyone is enjoying their console and doesn't go through what I did! Happy gaming!

Fuuuuck, I accidentally gave you a neg, sorry!! That's good to hear though, its great to have friends like that. Good luck with getting your stuff back.

That reminds me of a similar situation someone posted on Reddit, but in his case the person that broke in was a friend of his. Luckily for him he had the console registered and gave the serial number to all the game stores and retailers in the area. His 'friend' tried to sell it to GameStop and ended up walking out in cuffs lol.

Glad that everything worked out for you!

So someone broke into our home yesterday and stole pretty much all the electronics they could get their hands on and carry out. Unfortunately I lost my Xbox one when it happened along with other things I'd rather not mention since it only makes me more upset smh.

Anyways my buddies I grew up with knew how excited I was about Gears of War because that's all I would ever talk about with them. We've also been playing Destiny a lot recently because we were preparing for the Taken King. When they heard about the break in from me they felt bad about it and tried to help me find it at local pawn shops but we had no luck. Well tonight they walked on my doorstep with another console. They pitched in and ended up buying me another used console the next day and I had no idea what to say but thank you. I couldn't believe anyone would actually go out of their way like that for me and it was awesome. I have no idea how to repay them but it was probably one of the nicest things someone could do. I was left speechless.

Hope everyone is enjoying their console and doesn't go through what I did! Happy gaming!

Yeah man. It's nice to have friends like that arpuns you. People who actually care.

Something like that happened to me. Didn't get stolen, but my 360 couldn't read Discs. Then my buddy ended up giving me his because he never plays it (plays on PC primarily)

I've got like 370 feedback points and I've been in the preview for a year and six months. Hopefully that's enough. There's been nothing to give feedback on for months now.

I've got like 370 feedback points and I've been in the preview for a year and six months. Hopefully that's enough. There's been nothing to give feedback on for months now.

Every Preview member is getting it. I have 180 while being in for over a year. We will more than likely get it in a week and a half from now.

Every Preview member is getting it. I have 180 while being in for over a year. We will more than likely get it in a week and a half from now.

Not to begin with. If you've given feedback, you're more likely to get it first. It'll be rolling out in waves.

Not to begin with. If you've given feedback, you're more likely to get it first. It'll be rolling out in waves.

I think they mean waves over these next 2 weeks? Probably send it to the guys with most points for 1st week so that the thing actually works, then if it does it will be sent out to everyone else.

I would like to see Microsoft incorporate a note section on friends.

For example, I have about 20 "friends" that play MCC.  I don't remember which game i've met them from or even if they were good or just cool people.  If I could add notes to my individual friends such as "Met playing H2A, was decent. Terrible at CE" I would know not to invite that person if I wanted to play CE, but he/she would be fine for a different playlist.

It would help with list management, especially now that you can have 1000 friends, I only have around 50, probably 15 of them hardly ever play and I still have a hard time remembering who is whom.

Yep! Make sure you guys are opt-in first.

In the known issues list says there might be problems with destiny, way to kill the hype :|

In the known issues list says there might be problems with destiny, way to kill the hype :|

That'll be one of the major ones that will get fixed pretty fast.

I cannot wait to get this. The current system is just so slow.

I joined the preview program basically right before the lack of things to give feedback on, so I hope I don't have to wait too long to get the update.

Really hope the UI is sped up and it doesn't take 2-3 minutes to send a message due to all the different windows and layering. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Windows 10 is much lighter and it would surprise me if it's any worse than the current hybrid um... Mistake. I expect growing (or shrinking) pains to be there, a buggier first release, but all the same.