CyReN

Xbox One Discussion

That's just the result of "next gen" games and the way Microsoft is handling games unfortunately. On 360 even the biggest games never really floated above 10 gigs, most I've seen are half that. Now you're lucky to find anything less than 25, my Halo alone is 70 or so. Discs can't store that much info on them which leaves us with download requirements. It's not so bad once you have games installed already, because you can download new ones in the background.

Yeah you're right. It's not as bad once you have games installed.

ReCore and Backwards Compatibility are what I'm most excited for. I don't feel like re-purchasing Grand Theft Auto V (but if Grand Theft Auto IV is the only one, so be it, I won't complain) so I hope the original release is compatible with the One.

My 360's base (bottom grille) is warped to hell, and the DVD drive is about to give up the ghost I think. So I've gotta enjoy it while it lasts.

As long as we get Reach, BO2 and CoD4 backwards compatibility, I'm happy.

ReCore and Backwards Compatibility are what I'm most excited for. I don't feel like re-purchasing Grand Theft Auto V (but if Grand Theft Auto IV is the only one, so be it, I won't complain) so I hope the original release is compatible with the One.

My 360's base (bottom grille) is warped to hell, and the DVD drive is about to give up the ghost I think. So I've gotta enjoy it while it lasts.

ReCore looks awesome, but I want to see more before I commit to the hype.

So are they only adding 100 games? Or as of right now they're adding 109 games and later on they'll be adding little by little?

So are they only adding 100 games? Or as of right now they're adding 109 games and later on they'll be adding little by little?

If I recall correctly its really up to the developers to just approve that it can be backwards compatible. The most popular titles that are being asked for MS will probably contact directly to get them to do it.

• Upvote (+1) 1

If I recall correctly its really up to the developers to just approve that it can be backwards compatible. The most popular titles that are being asked for MS will probably contact directly to get them to do it.

So SF4 probably won't be backwards compatible then... since its a.ps4 exclusive

Do MS take your money out of you Xbox account if you don't use it in a certain amount if time?

Do MS take your money out of you Xbox account if you don't use it in a certain amount if time?

By the laws of common sense, no way

Only if it's temporary credit.

Does anyone know how Windows 10 will affect the length of Game DVR recordings? I read that 5 minutes will no longer be the max, but does it record to your PC or the Xbone?

Does anyone know how Windows 10 will affect the length of Game DVR recordings? I read that 5 minutes will no longer be the max, but does it record to your PC or the Xbone?

Windows 10 allows 30 mins max I think. No idea if it'll show up on the Xbox DVR sites, though.

Holy crap that is a old post. I thought it was made because of recent HCS situations or something.

It got revitalized around the HCS situation. It got tossed around on a few sites.

Windows 10 allows 30 mins max I think. No idea if it'll show up on the Xbox DVR sites, though.

I'm hoping you can record for at least 10-15 minutes once the Windows 10 update happens on Xbox One. Recording the last 5 minutes just isn't long enough.

I feel like everything i do on the xbox one takes way to long snapping a app should not take that long 90% of the time.

I feel like everything i do on the xbox one takes way to long snapping a app should not take that long 90% of the time.

The sooner the UI comes out, the better. It should be right around the corner since W10 released yesterday.

The sooner the UI comes out, the better. It should be right around the corner since W10 released yesterday.

Probably going to be similar to backwards compatibility at Gamescom - "AND ITS AVAILABLE TODAY FOR PREVIEW MEMBERS"

Any idea when we are going to get a new update for the xb1? Loading friends and achievements etc is significantly slower than the 360 

Any idea when we are going to get a new update for the xb1? Loading friends and achievements etc is significantly slower than the 360 

September/October for the new UI probably.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Cant wait for it, it actually looks pretty good and much faster too.

Everything feels like a step back from the 360 at the moment.

• Upvote (+1) 1

So much to get excited for in 2016 for Xbox plus what we got this holiday. Phil Spencer is a god.

Very interesting that all games with gold are backwards compatible. That means 4 new games playable on X1 every month.

I also hope the DVR function releases early 2016 and I cannot wait for the new UI later this year.

For all the hate Xbox and MS get, I think there's a hell of a lot to look forward to later this year and next year.