CyReN

Xbox One Discussion

Hello everyone, I am glad to say that the Xbox One backwards compatability actually works great! It is already available for us preview members, so I made a short video showing just how to do it and how smooth the emulation runs. There are no gimmicks to this feature, it actually works. The games even run better on the One, with less frame rate and faster loading times.

Video Link Here: https://youtu.be/Dx3EwHX7X_E

• Upvote (+1) 2

I dislike playing CoD as well, but if I can play with friends i'll take it.

I tired that. The game is just plain out boring. Takes little skill, little thought, i feel like i'm wasting my time playing that game. It's like learning the tambourine "for fun" lol

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Anyone play any FPS game with this? I am trying to get into the preview program. I am just waiting for the registration (hopefully I get in)

But I am scared that games like Halo Reach and MW2 will have worse shot registration or something will be off just because you know, it's an emulation. Idk if I should be worried or not but yeah. 

I'd test it out if I had any of the initial titles they're offering up. I think it's a neat idea. I do like the clarification that it works, Wpns, so thanks for that.

#ReachOnXbone

Can someone invite me to this new xbox preview who already has it please :(

What's your tag?

• Upvote (+1) 1

My lil bro was playing battleblock theater fine. ME1 looks like it works just fine as well.

My gamertag is: i SGN i Korrupt

Thanks

No problem. You'll get a message from XbL at some point.

Can I get an invite into Xbox preview program by someone? GT is JayFank

Done. It'll take a little bit for you to get a message if you get accepted.

I hope we're not waiting for the new UI for too long, it looks really good.

could I be invited to the preview program too? I want to play some N+ on my Xbox one XD 

GT: Bionic Cell 

Edit: @@Moa @@Nades

Done.

Can anyone send me one too? I had two friends invite me a while back but haven't gotten anything, I know it takes time but maybe they actually forgot to do it.

Can anyone send me one too? I had two friends invite me a while back but haven't gotten anything, I know it takes time but maybe they actually forgot to do it.

Invited, you should get a message by Xbox in 24 hours if you got in

• Upvote (+1) 1

Mass Effect runs great so far.  Doesn't look any better than the OG 360 version from what I can tell so far, but I wasn't necessarily expecting it to.

Mass Effect runs great so far.  Doesn't look any better than the OG 360 version from what I can tell so far, but I wasn't necessarily expecting it to.

ME runs better on the One than it does the 360. Not graphically of course.

http://kotaku.com/mass-effect-1-runs-faster-smoother-on-xbox-one-1712235700

-Some frequent stuttering points in the 360 version run perfectly smooth on X1, but not all

-Texture pop-in is vastly improved. While not perfect, there are many instances where it no longer happens at all

-Load times are shorter. In this video it was 4 seconds, but when replaying the same scene later, it was as low as 2

-Character lighting appears to be darker, except on their skin

-ME1’s somewhat clunky controls are less of an issue with the X1’s controller

-Some cutscenes appear to end slightly quicker, as a result of no momentary slowdowns when changing camera angles/animations/etc.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Does anyone know the release date of BC? I am a preview member, but was really hoping to play the Halos in order (Reach-4) legendary all on X1 leading up to Halo 5.

Does anyone know the release date of BC? I am a preview member, but was really hoping to play the Halos in order (Reach-4) legendary all on X1 leading up to Halo 5.

Holiday 2015 is all we know.

Just got the Xbox One. Already disappointed by it. Had it on for hours and I'm still waiting for one game to finish downloading.

How is next Gen taking longer to download/install a game?

Edit: So NHL is stuck at 88%. It's queued now. I go to resume installation. It starts for a second then stops and starts installing a different game.

It's installing the MCC right now and it's at 91 and hasn't stopped.

Anyone know why this is happening?

Edit: it started working again...

Just got the Xbox One. Already disappointed by it. Had it on for hours and I'm still waiting for one game to finish downloading.

How is next Gen taking longer to download/install a game?

Edit: So NHL is stuck at 88%. It's queued now. I go to resume installation. It starts for a second then stops and starts installing a different game.

It's installing the MCC right now and it's at 91 and hasn't stopped.

Anyone know why this is happening?

Edit: it started working again...

That's just the result of "next gen" games and the way Microsoft is handling games unfortunately. On 360 even the biggest games never really floated above 10 gigs, most I've seen are half that. Now you're lucky to find anything less than 25, my Halo alone is 70 or so. Discs can't store that much info on them which leaves us with download requirements. It's not so bad once you have games installed already, because you can download new ones in the background.

• Upvote (+1) 1

So apparently the Xbox One has a "black screen of death" and after trying to fix it all last night and this morning, I have to send it to be repaired. :(