CyReN

Xbox One Discussion

well with phones you don't have that issue because they just sit there when you have them charging. My controller port problems came from tripping over the wire when I would set my controller down and other dumb accidents. it just feels like micro usb is too flimsy to deal with the kind of stress controllers receive . I've even had the male ends of the cable bend in an L shape while still connected to the port when I dropped my controller, and that was only like 3 feet

I've had 3 controllers, one mate has had 5 and another mate has had 2. These things are made so poorly.

What the hell are you guys doing to your controllers? My day-one controller has been getting overused for a year and a half now with 3 people, plus being traveled between 3 apartments, and it's in perfect condition.

• Upvote (+1) 1

What the hell are you guys doing to your controllers? My day-one controller has been getting overused for a year and a half now with 3 people, plus being traveled between 3 apartments, and it's in perfect condition.

I take great care of my stuff, can't ever recall dropping either controller. One of them still developed slow turn

Microsoft trying to get silent hill? Microsoft is scooping franchises up along with new ones on the way. Phil Spencer is a god

Gandhi Hopping has broken all 3 for me. 7 years and it never happened with the 360 controller.

Microsoft trying to get silent hill? Microsoft is scooping franchises up along with new ones on the way. Phil Spencer is a god

That would be great if they get it. That game could've been huge if they pulled it off correctly but that company was trash and has been throwing away GOOD IPs and developers for years now. Hopefully they stay gone forever.

Scooping up franchises? Examples? 

Scooping up franchises? Examples?

Dead rising 3, Ryse, Sunset overdrive, Tomb Raider, titanfall. All third party studios that they funded those games for exclusive rights

Phil Spencer tweeted that rumor about SH is false :/

Even if it is true, which I think it is, I'm sure he wants to save it for E3 coming up. It'll make a much bigger impact.

Hopefully this new controller doesn't break like the three others I have bought. Also if it doesn't need the chat adapter I will be very very happy.

Dead rising 3, Ryse, Sunset overdrive, Tomb Raider, titanfall. All third party studios that they funded those games for exclusive rights

Edit: I'm not looking into getting a heated battle or looking to get into a console war discussion btw. I'm getting the Xbox One before the PS4 or WiiU anyways

Tomb Raider was on multiple platforms. Now it's an exclusive. THANKS MSFT. They didn't need to make it an exclusive for it to become a game. Tomb Raider did well didn't it? So i don't see that as MSFT doing a good thing. maybe making a smart move business wise, but i don't see how that's a plus for people who don't own a One or even for epople who do own a One. It's just a plus for MSFT. 

Dead Rising was also on multiple platforms. 

Insomiac games already had support from Sony. Unless Sony were being dicks or something i don't see why bother going exclusive again to another console? Why not just go solo? 

I guess that's not MSFTs fault tho. Just saying it's not like they made it possible for Insomniac games. Still a smart move to get exclusive. Still not taking anything away from that. 

Heard Ryse was awful. It looks like an average PS2 game with really good graphics. I wouldn't look into Ryso tho. It was probably used as a tech demo. 

Titanfall is meh. Didn't play it, but it looks like it was made for a casual. There's too many shooters made for the casual gamers so wasn't really excited for it. Tho the concept looks really good. Only if the skill gap was bigger and it was designed to be a more competitive game than a campaign and casual experience. I think they ould have themselves a really good shooter. 

I don't mean to sounds so pessitmistic about MSFT, but you're calling Phil Spencer a god. 

While Sony isn't perfect either or Nintendo, but when talking about exclusives. As of late i've been considering games that were probably not gonna happen without their(MSFT, Nintendo, Sony) help. For example. Bayonetta 2 wasn't gonna exist, but because Nintendo funded it, it became a Reality. SFV apparently wasn't gonna happen anytime soon, but Sony helped out with the funding and the FGC scene. 

It's just there's a lot of average games on the  Xboxn One right now that are exclusives. Most of the "good" games are multi-plat.

So i wouldn't call Phil SPecer a god. He's okay. He's a lot better than Don Mattrick that's for sure. The Xbox One looks a lot better than it did at the 2013 Xbox One conference as well lol. And Games with Gold keeps looking better and better. Tho this month is kinda meh. 

i feel Xbox has the best exclusives and in the next two years will still have them. It's all about opinions but I don't see any amazing triple A title on Playstaion. I've been a Xbox fanboy since day one so I'm obviously biased. Phil Spencer is making so many good moves since he took over, he understands what we want and he needs time to let his studios build those games. I think that's why he's buying/funding third party games to make up for the time studios need.

They didn't need to make it an exclusive for it to become a game. Tomb Raider did well didn't it? 

It didn't sell enough copies initially for Square Enix to be happy http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013-03-26-tomb-raider-has-sold-3-4-million-copies-failed-to-hit-expectations

Dead Rising was also on multiple platforms.

Only X1 and PC, which is another MS platform.

Insomiac games already had support from Sony. Unless Sony were being dicks or something i don't see why bother going exclusive again to another console? Why not just go solo?

The reasoning that I had seen was that MS was the only one who would let them maintain control of the IP.

So limiting it to one console helps with that?

i feel Xbox has the best exclusives and in the next two years will still have them. It's all about opinions but I don't see any amazing triple A title on Playstaion. I've been a Xbox fanboy since day one so I'm obviously biased. Phil Spencer is making so many good moves since he took over, he understands what we want and he needs time to let his studios build those games. I think that's why he's buying/funding third party games to make up for the time studios need.

Whether we or disagree or end up agreeing or continue to disagree i don't mind a second opinion. I prefer a second opinion.

Just based off the games and less about the consoles, i think the Xbox One has some weak games. 

I mean you've already acknoweldged your a big fanboy. I'm more a fan of Sony, but i'm not letting that biased prevent from wanting to to enjoy certain games. 

Games on Xbox One that are exclusive that i look forward to playing:

Killer Instinct

Fable Anniversary

And i'm hoping MCC will be a good time. 

As for future exclusives. The only that looks interesting is Quantum Break. 

If the future of Halo actually looked promising, maybe i'd look forard to the future for the Xbox One, but Halo 5 looks like it's going to be another disappointment. 

As for games i look forward to playing(some are already out, but i don't have a next gen console yet)

Witcher 3(Multi-plat)

Bloodborne(PS4)

Infamous Second Son(PS4)

The Crew(Multi-plat)

Arkham Knight(Multi-plat)

No Man's Sky(PS4/PC)

SFV(PS4/PC)

Shadow of Mordor(Multi-plat)

Fable Anniversary(Xbox One)

Killer Instinct(Xbox One)

MCC(Xbox One)

SFV and No man's Sky is what i'm excited for the most. Followed by Arkham knight and Witcher 3.

Do you think the Xbox One Controller with the 3.5 mm jack will work with any 3.5 mm earbuds? Could you party chat and would mic monitoring work as well? I have the Turtle Beach Stealth 500x's, which are wireless and work great, but asking more out of curiosity. 

Do you think the Xbox One Controller with the 3.5 mm jack will work with any 3.5 mm earbuds? Could you party chat and would mic monitoring work as well? I have the Turtle Beach Stealth 500x's, which are wireless and work great, but asking more out of curiosity.

As long as the earbuds aren't broken, it will work with them. Party chat and mic monitoring should work too.

Is there anyway to fix my right thumb stick from looking up by itself or having drift without actually taking the controller apart?

Is there anyway to fix my right thumb stick from looking up by itself or having drift without actually taking the controller apart?

I did a quick google search and didn't come up with anything other than opening it up and sticking a piece of electrical tape on it.

I'd probably wait and see if the "hardcore" controller comes out during E3 or if they just announce the 3.5mm headset jack.

I did a quick google search and didn't come up with anything other than opening it up and sticking a piece of electrical tape on it.

I'd probably wait and see if the "hardcore" controller comes out during E3 or if they just announce the 3.5mm headset jack.

Yeah I mean I hope they release it soon. I still out br kids which is funny but I can't take it anymore.

Yeah I mean I hope they release it soon. I still out br kids which is funny but I can't take it anymore.

yeah my controller started looking left and it gets annoying. I ended up just buying a new controller and trading in the old one to help pay for some of it.

Another broken controller. Theyre going to have to make a controller graveyard at this point.