CyReN

Xbox One Discussion

Wow, I did not expect the app to be that high of quality. It has snap mode, right? He implied it, but didn't show it.

I don't know how you guys feel about EA, but they have a thing called EA Access out now. For $5 a month you get immediate access to full downloads of some games (Battlefield 4, Madden 25, FIFA 14) and on other titles you get a discount. That along with Games with Gold and I already have a pretty solid collection of games and I just bought the console and Titanfall today for about $415 at Gamestop (with a few trade-ins). Pretty awesome.

It's pretty good, but I don't want another subscription, XbL, PSN and Netflix are enough as it is for me.

http://www.extremetech.com/gaming/188544-microsoft-research-invented-video-game-time-travel-to-fix-cloud-gaming

interesting tech, basically MS has come up with a workaround for the issues associated with cloud gaming, can't say for sure how far this would go nor when they'll start using Delorean, but an interesting solution to a problem that has long plagued cloud gaming nonetheless.

btw had to use mobile version while on laptop, so cool.

I don't know how you guys feel about EA, but they have a thing called EA Access out now. For $5 a month you get immediate access to full downloads of some games (Battlefield 4, Madden 25, FIFA 14) and on other titles you get a discount. That along with Games with Gold and I already have a pretty solid collection of games and I just bought the console and Titanfall today for about $415 at Gamestop (with a few trade-ins). Pretty awesome.

They give you last year's games though (from what I understand). I realize it's only like $30 so it's not a bad deal, but it wasn't the deal I expected. I'd rather pay like $100 a year and get access to all of their new games. Who wants to play FIFA 14/Madden 25 when the new one was just released? And they're "early access" for Madden was a measly 6 hours.  It's not a bad deal IMO, just isn't worth it for me. 

With NHL and Destiny out in a little over a week, I wish GameStop would do one of those 50% deals when trading in consoles. I'm not gonna get that much for mine and my games so I'll take whatever I can at this point.

Finished both Metro' this weekend. Really good games I suggest picking it up on the xbox one or ps4 if you haven't played them yet.

Next up is finishing Wolfenstein

I'd rather pay like $100 a year and get access to all of their new games. Who wants to play FIFA 14/Madden 25 when the new one was just released?

That makes zero sense. They would lose millions and eventually not have enough funding to make future installments.

The main reason EA Access exists is because sports games sell poorly once the next installment is out, so EA is attempting to make money off of them with EA Access, along with other benefits such as 10% off new games. It's a win-win for EA and the consumer.

I just spent a freaking hour trying to look for where to type in a Gamertag and add them as a friend. I'm sick of XB1's confusing and poor interface.

Can't wait to sell my Xbox 360 and get like $25 bucks for it.

Side note im getting a 15% off the Xbox One when i buy it right before MCC drops . (friend works at the store = Discount)

so for players that will be buying an xbox1 come november 11 for MCC, what other games can you guys confidently say is worth buying/playing as well?

I can't give you any advice on what XB1 games to purchase seeing as how I don't own an XB1 and have followed it loosely, however it may be more wise to wait until a potential price drop (maybe around the holidays?)

so for players that will be buying an xbox1 come november 11 for MCC, what other games can you guys confidently say is worth buying/playing as well?

Dead rising 3, max the curse of brotherhood, and child of light are probably my favorite.

Got Metro redux or Tomb Raider definitive edition if you haven't played them yet.

Watch Dogs was pretty good and I'd give Titanfall a chance if you like shooters.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I can't give you any advice on what XB1 games to purchase seeing as how I don't own an XB1 and have followed it loosely, however it may be more wise to wait until a potential price drop (maybe around the holidays?)

I'm definitely not going to buy it before MCC drops. Maybe if there was a XB1 bundle with MCC, or holiday deal with XB1, I will buy it.

I'm not sure if the Titanfall population will stay high before I get it, I don't like to buy multiplayer games with low population (wish majornelson still did his XBL Activity lists). I'll definitely consider Tomb Raider though.

Ryse is worth $20 bucks, although its dropping for PC sometime soon.

Forza Horizon 2 will most definitely be worth the money.

Peggle 2 is a fun little game to mess around with if you get sometime, I spent most of my time on Peggle when I first got my One.

Halo is the only reason I'm getting a Xbox One as its literally the only game I have ever played and more then likely the only game I will ever play..

And it's totally worth it to me.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Halo is the only reason I'm getting a Xbox One as its literally the only game I have ever played and more then likely the only game I will ever play..

And it's totally worth it to me.

wait until you see the full game before purchase, we still don't know what the entire experience will look like and so I would say either wait until you've watched some gameplays for each or just go by what everyone here is telling you (we're somewhat trustworthy I think)

@@bluejay you have a x1?

nah I don't have the kind of money to buy an XB1 or really just about anything at the moment, I'm leaving to enter the Job Corps on the 7th (of October) so hopefully in about a year or two I'll be able to afford my own gaming rigs and shit, would be dope just knowing that I can afford things for once in my life.

I'll be sure to add you whenever I do so don't worry :)