CyReN

Xbox One Discussion

So excited for sunset overdrive. Wanna see some co op gameplay at e3

http://news.xbox.com/2014/05/xbox-delivering-more-choices

Holy Cow! Big time.

- Dropping Kinect and the price to $399.

- No longer need Gold for majority of 3rd party apps.

- Games with Gold starting in June for X1.

Good deal!

Should've been like this on the 360 since day 1. PS3 was letting you use apps for free since the get go of apps. Ps4 has superior hardware and has been $399.99 since day 1.

Glad it's happening though. Makes the Xbox look a little generous.. In comparison to itself lol

Kinect is dope af, chicks legit dig it but still nice to have good price point for new gamers. Still hope Microsoft supports it

• Upvote (+1) 1

Kinect is dope af, chicks legit dig it but still nice to have good price point for new gamers. Still hope Microsoft supports it

Fuck it

• Downvote (-1) 2

Well these are some big announcements.

It makes me wonder why they didn't save this for E3, its possible that they have too many things lined up but compared to this very little will be as big.

It makes me wonder why they didn't save this for E3, its possible that they have too many things lined up but compared to this very little will be as big.

Well they said in an interview that the focus of E3 was "games" if that's the case it would make sense. Maybe they will have a different bundle or something to announce at E3 as well and they wanted to get this out, so it wasn't so much information at once. 

Maybe the console without the disk drive is being announced at a cheaper price and they didn't want to announce two different price drops? 

I'm just getting more pumped for E3 by the day. 

Well they said in an interview that the focus of E3 was "games" if that's the case it would make sense. Maybe they will have a different bundle or something to announce at E3 as well and they wanted to get this out, so it wasn't so much information at once.

Maybe the console without the disk drive is being announced at a cheaper price and they didn't want to announce two different price drops?

I'm just getting more pumped for E3 by the day.

I assume its because either MS feel confident enough about their game lineup that they don't need to show this at E3 or they didn't want E3 to be about them removing the kinect, not only would this likely have infuriated early XB1 adopters but it also would have taken up the oxygen and made a stunt about something that they may or may not want to make the focus about, its also worth noting that it starts June 9th which means that they could always come out and say "starting today you can buy the full experience that XB1 offers without kinect" or something.

That discdriveless XB1 is very likely at some point, Sony won't do that because they are behind Bluray so MS has an option that Sony realistically doesn't, I think it could bode well in markets that are less financially wealthy but have great connectivity (Japan is one) plus it would be a version entirely based online which is what they have wanted to do since the beginning.

If MS releases an X1 without a disk drive, then they have to catch up to Steam sales wise. The Xbox sales are getting better, but if they want me to rely 100% on digital, they still need to improve on it. They're going to start a monthly sales thing in June, but I want the Christmas/Summer/Spring sales system Steam has.

• Upvote (+1) 1

If MS releases an X1 without a disk drive, then they have to catch up to Steam sales wise. The Xbox sales are getting better, but if they want me to rely 100% on digital, they still need to improve on it. They're going to start a monthly sales thing in June, but I want the Christmas/Summer/Spring sales system Steam has.

I hope that is what the meant about the monthly sales starting in June at 50 to 75% off. Their seasonal sales have been getting better and better over the last few years. 

That has nothing to do with it, I agree that they need to offer a better digital architecture in general but frankly considering their competition (Sony) it would give players who prefer playing games digitally a better alternative, granted in NA this likely won 't catch on too strongly (again google is the biggest Fios provider in the country) but in countries where bandwidth is good and the population is thrifty I see this as a smart move on MSFT's part to capture ground in competing markets, we'll just have to wait and see how this all plays out I guess.

That has nothing to do with it, I agree that they need to offer a better digital architecture in general but frankly considering their competition (Sony) it would give players who prefer playing games digitally a better alternative

Yes it does. Just because there are people who prefer an all digital console at the moment, doesn't mean there aren't people who wish that the digital architecture on consoles would get an improvement. One group of people does not discredit the other. Microsoft improving the Xbox's digital architecture is essential an an all digital console.

Yes it does. Just because there are people who prefer an all digital console at the moment, doesn't mean there aren't people who wish that the digital architecture on consoles would get an improvement. One group of people does not discredit the other. Microsoft improving the Xbox's digital architecture is essential an an all digital console.

They don't have to offer a great service, they just have to offer a better service than their competitor (Sony) and they'll be fine, this is not about creating an all digital console, its about undermining their competitors.

They don't have to offer a great service, they just have to offer a better service than their competitor (Sony) and they'll be fine, this is not about creating an all digital console, its about undermining their competitors.

Improving their sales and beating Sony is kind of the same thing. They're just now getting on Sony's level of sales. Besides, if they do have better sales than Sony, then it will be a great service.

It would also need at least a 1TB hard drive. 500 GB and not being able to switch it won't cut it.

It would also need at least a 1TB hard drive. 500 GB and not being able to switch it won't cut it.

They'll likely offer a console with a better hard-drive space around the end of the year, compared to the arcade BS they pulled with the 360 it really isn't that bad IMO, early adopters in general are usually screwed over (ala the recent kinect news) so really this is nothing new.

DealWithIt :kappa:

Also they are offering external storage soon which fixes the issue.

Improving their sales and beating Sony is kind of the same thing. They're just now getting on Sony's level of sales. Besides, if they do have better sales than Sony, then it will be a great service.

I haven't been on 360 in awhile, but are they really caught up? I just bought 3 games for $3. 1 of them was Gotham Imposters, the other was a PSN game(their shittier version of Geometry Wars) and the last was a ps2 game. Their flash sales are actually pretty good. If MSFT is starting to do stuff like that then yay for gamers. This is the kind of stuff I've been complaining about for a LONG time, it's nice to see both companies doing work.

I haven't been on 360 in awhile, but are they really caught up? I just bought 3 games for $3. 1 of them was Gotham Imposters, the other was a PSN game(their shittier version of Geometry Wars) and the last was a ps2 game. Their flash sales are actually pretty good. If MSFT is starting to do stuff like that then yay for gamers. This is the kind of stuff I've been complaining about for a LONG time, it's nice to see both companies doing work.

Their Christmas sale was great, tons of 75% off games and in June, Halo: Spartan Assault and and Mad Max will be free along with Forza 5 and Ryse getting a sale. And they also stated that 50-75% off monthly sales will start soon. PSN+ games are still better, though Microsoft does beat them in the seasonal sales. Overall, PSN is better but Xbox's sales have only been improving for the past 6 months and by the looks of it, June will be the first time Xbox sales will be impressive.

If you payed closer attention to the XB1's GwG program its different from the 360 version and similiar to the PS+/steam type of service in the sense that now in order to play those games you'll have to be subscribed, one of the reasons why the 360 GwG program offered games that were so old/cheap was because their was no way of restricting their usage but seeing as how you'll have to have a gold subscription in order to play said games I expect the service to be even more similiar to PS+, the 360 version is different but expect about the same damn thing from GwG and PS+ the next few months.

If you payed closer attention to the XB1's GwG program its different from the 360 version and similiar to the PS+/steam type of service in the sense that now in order to play those games you'll have to be subscribed, one of the reasons why the 360 GwG program offered games that were so old/cheap was because their was no way of restricting their usage but seeing as how you'll have to have a gold subscription in order to play said games I expect the service to be even more similiar to PS+, the 360 version is different but expect about the same damn thing from GwG and PS+ the next few months.

I expect newer games, but nothing on the level of PS+. No way is MSFT gonna offer $200 worth of games in a month.

I expect newer games, but nothing on the level of PS+. No way is MSFT gonna offer $200 worth of games in a month.

We'll just have to wait and see I guess.