CyReN

Xbox One Discussion

Well I got into a certain upcoming AAA closed beta... won't say which game but ill say i'm excited :)

there's a kid at my work who came in and said his friend stumbled across a hard drive that had the watch dogs beta on it.. I honestly just brushed it off because that kid is a compulsive liar, but now it makes me wonder lol.

Also, I don't know if I'm helping or hurting, but Xbox will essentially give you one free game a year. I've had 2 friends call and provide the same exact story, how their younger brother was over (around 5 years old) and was playing around on his xbox. They said that while they were in the other room, their brother had purchased thief without their knowing, and just apologized saying they know it's not xbox's fault, but was curious if anything can be done. Xbox rep's explained that they would refund their money, and are allowing this once a year for people.

I don't know if I just helped out people or just ruined a good thing, but either way it's interesting.

there's a kid at my work who came in and said his friend stumbled across a hard drive that had the watch dogs beta on it.. I honestly just brushed it off because that kid is a compulsive liar, but now it makes me wonder lol.

Also, I don't know if I'm helping or hurting, but Xbox will essentially give you one free game a year. I've had 2 friends call and provide the same exact story, how their younger brother was over (around 5 years old) and was playing around on his xbox. They said that while they were in the other room, their brother had purchased thief without their knowing, and just apologized saying they know it's not xbox's fault, but was curious if anything can be done. Xbox rep's explained that they would refund their money, and are allowing this once a year for people.

I don't know if I just helped out people or just ruined a good thing, but either way it's interesting.

Even if he did find it he wouldn't have been able to play it without servers.

Even if he did find it he wouldn't have been able to play it without servers.

Thanks, now I can call him out :)

can't wait for some more footage of it though.

MS is planning on offering a service similiar to PS4's gaikai that will allow xbox one users to play 360 games.

http://www.polygon.com/2014/4/7/5589068/microsoft-is-thinking-about-an-official-xbox-360-emulator-for-xbox-one

Did you read the article at all? They are just doing cost analysis on it right now. Even so, they have not even started working on the infrastructure required to stream games to consoles. Sony currently is in BETA for the PS3, and the ps4s should be out soon.

As a side note I think game streaming is kind of a ridiculous idea. I think there are way to many factors that could mess up the gaming experience when streaming it online. I think the the future when everyone has 1g up and down with 5 ping it will be viable, but for now I would rather see both consoles work more towards having emulators.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Well I got into a certain upcoming AAA closed beta... won't say which game but ill say i'm excited :)

I know that it is.

Same thing that was tested two weeks ago.

Did you read the article at all? They are just doing cost analysis on it right now. Even so, they have not even started working on the infrastructure required to stream games to consoles. Sony currently is in BETA for the PS3, and the ps4s should be out soon.

As a side note I think game streaming is kind of a ridiculous idea. I think there are way to many factors that could mess up the gaming experience when streaming it online. I think the the future when everyone has 1g up and down with 5 ping it will be viable, but for now I would rather see both consoles work more towards having emulators.

Emulation requires way too much processing power so it's not viable either.

I know that it is.

Same thing that was tested two weeks ago.

Then you know that it is a secret I must keep to my death.

Emulation requires way too much processing power so it's not viable either.

Then you know that it is a secret I must keep to my death.

Actually I've heard that the hardware between the XB1 and the OG xbox are very similar and if they wanted to they could emulate those games, however with the 360 it's much more difficult.

The reason why both Sony and MS are wanting to go this route is because it'll give 360/PS3 owners a reason to make that leap, but yeah as @@Violenc3 said it has it's share of problems so I think both parties will wait a while before doing it until they get it right.

Also I'm glad you are so tight lipped, I despise people leak or spread rumors and all that, silence is golden :)

Nothing wrong with looking into streaming. Yeah not everyone will eb able to stream games, but for those who can it might be a nice option. And the key word there is OPTION. As long as it's just an option and the main deal i have no problem with stuff like that.

Sony is looking into emulation apparently so there's that.. Kinda old news and haven't heard much since though.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Nothing wrong with looking into streaming. Yeah not everyone will eb able to stream games, but for those who can it might be a nice option. And the key word there is OPTION. As long as it's just an option and the main deal i have no problem with stuff like that.

Sony is looking into emulation apparently so there's that.. Kinda old news and haven't heard much since though.

You always had the option of whether or not to buy the product, you were never forced to do anything, if you buy a product knowing full well all that comes with it then you have no excuse to complain about it, put your money where your mouth is is basically what I'm saying.

But yeah as for PS4 using emulation from what I've heard emulating PS3 games is damn near impossible because of the cell processor, however they probably could do that with PS2 & 1 games I guess.

Just spilt a pint of water over my xbox one..... only reason I'm annoyed is cus I spent £450 on it

Edit

Just realised my xbox one has a year warranty, does this still count if it's water damage?

Just spilt a pint of water over my xbox one..... only reason I'm annoyed is cus I spent £450 on it

Edit

Just realised my xbox one has a year warranty, does this still count if it's water damage?

Talk to xbox support or something...

I imagine since it's meant to be used inside and because of how rare something like that is it may not be covered under warranty, plus you have the fact that it was on your end not theirs which means that they share no responsibility/blame whatsoever for it which may mean they wouldn't be obliged to help you.

In any case go and see for yourself, don't see anything wrong with trying, nothing ventured nothing gained.

Edit

I wouldn't risk it. This is how your conversation should go,

You: "My Xbox isn't working. [Explain what's happening acting like a typical grandma and you have no idea why]."

Support: "Send that right in! We'll fix it for you!"

If you say it's water damage, support may ignore you right then, though there's a chance the Xbox "fixer" looks at the error report and fixes it without checking. Worst case scenario is that he notices the water damage, actually cares, and doesn't fix it.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I wouldn't risk it. This is how your conversation should go,

You: "My Xbox isn't working. [Explain what's happening acting like a typical grandma and you have no idea why]."

Support: "Send that right in! We'll fix it for you!"

If you say it's water damage, support may ignore you right then, though there's a chance the Xbox "fixer" looks at the error report and fixes it without checking. Worst case scenario is that he notices the water damage, actually cares, and doesn't fix it.

I thought with warranties if it breaks they give you a new one, however I guess considering how expensive they are I guess for them repairing would make a helluva lot more sense, also if it were to be broke beyond repair wouldn't they be obligated to give you a new one anyways? If so he could just put a hammer to it and pretend it was an accident.

btw how exactly did you spill water on it? Just curious is all.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I thought with warranties if it breaks they give you a new one, however I guess considering how expensive they are I guess for them repairing would make a helluva lot more sense, also if it were to be broke beyond repair wouldn't they be obligated to give you a new one anyways? If so he could just put a hammer to it and pretend it was an accident.

btw how exactly did you spill water on it? Just curious is all.

Lots of warranties don't cover outside damage and if he says that he spilled water on it, the warranty could be voided. Not sure what MS's policies are though.

@@bluejay @@EagleBurn Cheers guys, I was going to ring up today or tomorrow but (Fingers crossed) there is no need now, just turned it on and it is working... I put a towl over the radiator and over the Xbox one to act as a cover to dry it out and it seemed to have worked.

I had a glass of water on my table next to the Xbox one which I forgot was there and swung my foot around which hit the glass and knocked it directly onto my xbox one which was on at the time. My PC suffered a bit too but it seems to be getting better, also a bit went on my Xbox 360 and wouldn't let me access the xbox guide but a few hours drying out and it's fine.

I was lucky

Edit:

If I was to ring up, could have I said it was a water leak? or I had a powercut which short fused my xbox? (I've seen this happen before) or just keep quiet and say it broke on it's own.

@@bluejay @@EagleBurn Cheers guys, I was going to ring up today or tomorrow but (Fingers crossed) there is no need now, just turned it on and it is working... I put a towl over the radiator and over the Xbox one to act as a cover to dry it out and it seemed to have worked.

I had a glass of water on my table next to the Xbox one which I forgot was there and swung my foot around which hit the glass and knocked it directly onto my xbox one which was on at the time. My PC suffered a bit too but it seems to be getting better, also a bit went on my Xbox 360 and wouldn't let me access the xbox guide but a few hours drying out and it's fine.

I was lucky

Edit:

If I was to ring up, could have I said it was a water leak? or I had a powercut which short fused my xbox? (I've seen this happen before) or just keep quiet and say it broke on it's own.

Yeah drying it out is kind of obvious, I imagine when you wrapped the towel around it it heated up which may have evaporated some of the water, in any case though glad it ended well, hopefully from now on you'll be more careful with liquids around your equipment that way this kind of thing won't happen again, cheers :)

Also if you were to say it was due to a water leak I imagine they would want to verify that claim, they might ask you who fixed it and try to call people and such, so basically I'm not entirely sure how well an excuse like that would work, and again they share no fault in such a thing and so they may not permitted in any way to alleviate the problem.

• Upvote (+1) 1

You mean I don't get to play chess and backgammon on my xbox one?

• Upvote (+1) 3