CyReN

Xbox One Discussion

Is that true? If so then that's a good thing, that way although I can still give my obnoxious teammates callouts and the like.

It's not good at all. Muting didn't work like that on the 360 and it shouldn't on the One. 

I'm pretty sure by next holiday season, the difference in cost between the 2 consoles will be negligible. I've already seen a Titanfall bundle for $450 online. Depending on what you think Titanfall is worth, that basically means you can get an Xbox One for the cost of a PS4.

It's not good at all. Muting didn't work like that on the 360 and it shouldn't on the One.

I disagree, it means that if I mute someone on my team I can still talk to them which means I can give them callouts and the like which would mean our team wouldn't be at so much of a disadvantage just because some douche decided to blast waka flaka flame on his mic.

Just because they did it that way on the 360 doesn't necessarily mean they should do it the same way on the XB1.

I disagree, it means that if I mute someone on my team I can still talk to them which means I can give them callouts and the like which would mean our team wouldn't be at so much of a disadvantage just because some douche decided to blast waka flaka flame on his mic.

Just because they did it that way on the 360 doesn't necessarily mean they should do it the same way on the XB1.

The fact there is no way to stop another person from hearing me is stupid. Just another change that didn't need to happen. 

At the very least, a toggle on how the mute function works. 

I agree with both premises. If you want to completely block your voice from someone else you should be able to do so. But I do like the option of being able to mute a person but still have them hear you. There have been so many instances where someone's mic has a really bad buzz or echo. I want them to be able to hear my callouts because I know they are listening but I don't want to hear them. 

Well that's embarrassing. When my friends are over, I mute everyone in the game so I'm not one of those "talking, but not talking to anyone in the game" douches. I guess I've been that guy for a while now, whoops...

And there's little to no reason for it to work like this. I never heard one complaint of how muting worked on the 360. It was perfect. I'm fine with them adding options for this, but the default needs to mute your voice as well.

The fact there is no way to stop another person from hearing me is stupid. Just another change that didn't need to happen.

At the very least, a toggle on how the mute function works.

That's a different take on it I suppose, typically when I mute someone it's because I don't want to listen to them and not because I don't want them to listen to me (I mean who wouldn't want to listen to my sexy voice :saucey:) but yeah I get what you're saying.

At best you'll go into a game of halo 5 with a group of 4 and it'll mean that "that guy" will still be able to hear you and at worst it'll mean you holding your tongue around randoms, I see it being more positive than negative but I understand what you're saying.

But yeah toggle would be nice, considering how fast they've been with their patches assuming it's suggested it won't take too long for this problem to be fixed :)

yup picked mine up at bestbuy today it's $449. If you count that you get a $60 game with it it's $10 cheaper than a ps4.

Not if you take into account PS+.

Didn't it also ship with forza?

Not if you take into account PS+.

Didn't it also ship with forza?

Don't know what you mean about PS+.  PS4 you have to pay to play so....

Don't know what you mean about PS+. PS4 you have to pay to play so....

I'm saying that if you were to use PS+ (which you probably would) you would end up saving a lot of $, which in the long haul would be cheaper than the XB1, just being a @

answer my ? though, did they include forza with the XB1?

I'm saying that if you were to use PS+ (which you probably would) you would end up saving a lot of $, which in the long haul would be cheaper than the XB1, just being a @

answer my ? though, did they include forza with the XB1?

I got the titanfall bundle.  IDK if it's included in the regular version.

I'm confused. I don't have an Xbox One. Can you system link on the the xbox one as you could on 360? Or does everyone have to connect to the internet at the location. I have heard of people lagging out of games of Ghosts even on LAN. 

I'm confused. I don't have an Xbox One. Can you system link on the the xbox one as you could on 360? Or does everyone have to connect to the internet at the location. I have heard of people lagging out of games of Ghosts even on LAN. 

Depends if the games have LAN support. Xbox One Ghosts only just got it recently. 

You can still lag out of games on LAN, although I wouldn't use the term "lag". If the network drops, you'll get dropped out of the game. 

It happened at the Halo 4 MLG tourney in 2012. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Depends if the games have LAN support. Xbox One Ghosts only just got it recently. 

You can still lag out of games on LAN, although I wouldn't use the term "lag". If the network drops, you'll get dropped out of the game. 

It happened at the Halo 4 MLG tourney in 2012. 

Thanks for the clarification.

This interface drives me bonkers.. Am I just dumb or is there really not a way to close the party chat window in game other than hitting the guide button and then selecting the party window to make it active? Seems like the dumbest design choice and not intuitive at all.

If you have a snapped window open and don't want to use voice commands you can simply double tap the home button to switch between the main window and the snapped one, and in the case of the party chat app you can simply push B to hide it.

• Upvote (+1) 1

If you have a snapped window open and don't want to use voice commands you can simply double tap the home button to switch between the main window and the snapped one, and in the case of the party chat app you can simply push B to hide it.

Ahhh double tap the home button. That makes sense. Thanks for the tip! I don't mind saying "Xbox unsnap" but sometimes I don't have my kinnect plugged in.

Well I got into a certain upcoming AAA closed beta... won't say which game but ill say i'm excited :)

Hope it's H2A you're referring to.