CyReN

Xbox One Discussion

Yeah so noob question but I haven't been keeping up to date.  Is there an adapter yet so I can use my astros with the xbox one in the same way I use them with the 360?  Thinking about picking up the Titanfall bundle next week.

Yeah so noob question but I haven't been keeping up to date.  Is there an adapter yet so I can use my astros with the xbox one in the same way I use them with the 360?  Thinking about picking up the Titanfall bundle next week.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Official-Xbox-Stereo-Headset-Adapter/dp/B00I41H7US

I think you're looking for that. Good luck with it though. It's out in some stores in the US and it's out of stock on Amazon. Release date is apparently March 14th for the UK but no sign of mine shipping yet. 

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Official-Xbox-Stereo-Headset-Adapter/dp/B00I41H7US

I think you're looking for that. Good luck with it though. It's out in some stores in the US and it's out of stock on Amazon. Release date is apparently March 14th for the UK but no sign of mine shipping yet. 

I was reading that even with that adapter you still need a 2.5 to 3.5 adapter to plug into the other adapter on the controller.  Is that true?  Microsoft is being extremely lame with all this.   I'm sure it isn't hard to make a simple adapter but they want people to buy their headsets to use with xbox one.  Just like they pushed back titanfall on 360 to push the xbox one.

I was reading that even with that adapter you still need a 2.5 to 3.5 adapter to plug into the other adapter on the controller. Is that true? Microsoft is being extremely lame with all this. I'm sure it isn't hard to make a simple adapter but they want people to buy their headsets to use with xbox one. Just like they pushed back titanfall on 360 to push the xbox one.

Actually MS didn't want people to use headsets at all, they were confident the kinect would be good enough apparently.

Actually MS didn't want people to use headsets at all, they were confident the kinect would be good enough apparently.

Such dumb logic. We live in a small apartment and gaming headphones are perfect because I can play my games while my gf can read. I can also play it as loud as I want and not disturb my neighbors. How MS thought someone in my living situation (which I know is a large chunk of gamers) was going to use the Kinect for a mic is beyond me.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Then I guess they think all gamers are single.  Headset works great for when my wife is sleeping or doing other shit.  Also, I too live in an apartment and I'm sure my neighbors don't want to hear me playing games.

Such dumb logic. We live in a small apartment and gaming headphones are perfect because I can play my games while my gf can read. I can also play it as loud as I want and not disturb my neighbors. How MS thought someone in my living situation (which I know is a large chunk of gamers) was going to use the Kinect for a mic is beyond me.

Well from what I've heard it sounds as though the kinect is pretty good when it comes to voice controls and all that jazz, and considering the great mic quality I have to put up with on a regular basis I wouldn't be too surprised if it became widely used as such.

In any case MS eventually caved and threw a headset in so forgive and forget I guess.

DR3 DLC worth it? Wait for a major sale?

Either research/investigate into it heavily to the point your comfortable with purchasing it or wait a little while for it to go on sale, thought I would give you what little advice I could muster.

So how does downloading profiles between xbox's work?  Can I have my profile on both my 360 and one at the same time or would I have to download my profile everytime I switch consoles?  Would like to be able to seamlessly switch between consoles depnding who's online when I'm on.  Have a lot of friends still on the 360.

So how does downloading profiles between xbox's work?  Can I have my profile on both my 360 and one at the same time or would I have to download my profile everytime I switch consoles?  Would like to be able to seamlessly switch between consoles depnding who's online when I'm on.  Have a lot of friends still on the 360.

Yes, your profile can be on the X1 and 360 at the same time. Having your profile linked to the X1 makes no changes to your profile on the 360, and vice versa.

This interface drives me bonkers.. Am I just dumb or is there really not a way to close the party chat window in game other than hitting the guide button and then selecting the party window to make it active? Seems like the dumbest design choice and not intuitive at all.

This interface drives me bonkers.. Am I just dumb or is there really not a way to close the party chat window in game other than hitting the guide button and then selecting the party window to make it active? Seems like the dumbest design choice and not intuitive at all.

Xbox, Unsnap

• Upvote (+1) 1

Yeah either say Xbox Unsnap or if you still have the party window selected and not the Game simply press B. If the game is selected then yes thats what you have to do. 

Yeah either say Xbox Unsnap or if you still have the party window selected and not the Game simply press B. If the game is selected then yes thats what you have to do. 

Also if you snap something, a unsnap button will usually pop up on the right in the tiles.

MS is rumored to be working on a VR headset.

http://bgr.com/2014/03/19/xbox-one-virtual-reality-headset/

New technology =/= Approachable technology. I still think VR is going to suffer the same fate as 3D in homes. The average consumer doesn't want to wear anything on their heads to enjoy their media. They want to sit and relax. Besides, using VR can be anti-social and awkward around other people and that will be a factor when pitching this to the mainstream audience. VR won't hit big beyond the core gamer.

I think it's silly that Sony and Microsoft are going to spend (have already spent?) millions in developing and marketing VR. I'm more surprised that Sony is getting involved after their failure of 3D glasses, TV's, and video games in homes.

New technology =/= Approachable technology. I still think VR is going to suffer the same fate as 3D in homes. The average consumer doesn't want to wear anything on their heads to enjoy their media. They want to sit and relax. Besides, using VR can be anti-social and awkward around other people and that will be a factor when pitching this to the mainstream audience. VR won't hit big beyond the core gamer.

I think it's silly that Sony and Microsoft are going to spend (have already spent?) millions in developing and marketing VR. I'm more surprised that Sony is getting involved after their failure of 3D glasses, TV's, and video games in homes.

The biggest challenge I see for VR headsets (oculus rift/project Morpheus/whatever MS is doing) is the cost, as an example what typical gamer is going to go out and pay hundreds of dollars on a VR headset?

What I'm really skeptical of is how exactly VR headsets would actually improve gaming, I can see it making experiences more immersive (obviously) and perhaps it doing away with splil-screen but outside of that I'm not too sure about what exactly it'll bring to the table.

I'm highly skeptical of it but the people who have tried it said its a game changer. So idk. dan

I'm highly skeptical of it but the people who have tried it for free at events said its a game changer. So idk.

fixed. Everyone's perception will change once there's a price tag on it. I'm guessing it'll be $150-$200.