CyReN

Xbox One Discussion

Yeah thats what I figure

heres my channel in case it starts working

finally got it working!

I'd check it out, but the link is popping up for me(I'm on my iPhone).

DirectX 12?

I just copy and past the link.

http://thenextweb.com/microsoft/2014/03/08/microsoft-hints-directx-12-also-coming-xbox-one/

Anyways MS keeps teasing how they'll show directx 12 at GDC (March 20th iirc) and how it'll work for the XB1, to my understanding directx is it's operating system and it's been speculated that MS originally intended to release the XB1 months later but because of the PS4 they had to rush to market and so they settled with directx 11.2 and instead built it to accommodate directx 12 later on, it's just speculation really but thought provoking nonetheless.

Fun fact, MS originally wanted to name it the directXBOX, they seriously need to fire whoever keeps coming up with these terrible names.

• Upvote (+1) 1

http://thenextweb.com/microsoft/2014/03/08/microsoft-hints-directx-12-also-coming-xbox-one/

Anyways MS keeps teasing how they'll show directx 12 at GDC (March 20th iirc) and how it'll work for the XB1, to my understanding directx is it's operating system and it's been speculated that MS originally intended to release the XB1 months later but because of the PS4 they had to rush to market and so they settled with directx 11.2 and instead built it to accommodate directx 12 later on, it's just speculation really but thought provoking nonetheless.

Fun fact, MS originally wanted to name it the directXBOX, they seriously need to fire whoever keeps coming up with these terrible names.

If it's true does this mean that people will need the new X1 or is this something that can be done via online through an update?

Also does this just mean a faster OS or?

And yes, that's a terrible a name.

If it's true does this mean that people will need the new X1 or is this something that can be done via online through an update?

Also does this just mean a faster OS or?

And yes, that's a terrible a name.

It's highly unlikely MS would build two different versions of the XB1 at this point, I imagine they'll likely patch it in.

The real question is what will I do if I'm living in a nuclear submarine :kappa:

As for what directx 12 would entail I no freaking clue, I don't have any background nor knowledge when it comes to stuff like that and even if I did nothing in particular has been said about directx 12 and such so I wouldn't be able to make any real analysis of it anyway, however common sense would suggest it would be better than directx 11 so I guess it would be a plus irregardless.

In any case though GDC is only like a week away so it won't take very long for the speculation to be proven true or otherwise, should be interesting to watch pan out :)

In love with the Twitch streaming app. Only downside is it splits the screen.

In love with the Twitch streaming app. Only downside is it splits the screen.

You can unsnap and it'll still broadcast you just can't view the chat

Yeah thats what I figure

heres my channel in case it starts working

http://www.twitch.tv/jayrme

finally got it working!

How'd you get it to work?

My stream isn't working and I've been "Awaiting Connection" on TF for a while.

How'd you get it to work?

My stream isn't working and I've been "Awaiting Connection" on TF for a while.

I deleted my save data from everywhere for the app by clicking menu > manage app then uninstalled twitch hard resetted my x1 and then reinstalled app and it worked. Hope this helps you
  • Upvote (+1) 1

I deleted my save data from everywhere for the app by clicking menu > manage app then uninstalled twitch hard resetted my x1 and then reinstalled app and it worked. Hope this helps you

Dang, sounds intense.

Thanks though man <3 

Is anyone's xbox like half turning off?

Like I manually turn it off and then it remains on with a black screen and the white light on the front of the box.

I cant turn it on or off. The only way I can fix it is by holding the power button for 10 seconds and it restarts as if I unplugged it.

Like I manually turn it off and then it remains on with a black screen and the white light on the front of the box.

I cant turn it on or off. The only way I can fix it is by holding the power button for 10 seconds and it restarts as if I unplugged it.

I'm pretty sure that when you turn it off instead of it turning off entirely ala 360 it just enters into a power save type mode, they did it because not only can you download updates/DLC whilst still being off but also if you are in the middle of a game and you turn your console off (for whatever reason) you can pick up where you left off.

It's about convenience but if you wanna turn it off entirely that's up to you.

• Upvote (+1) 1

This means your xbox froze. I know entirely what your talking about. It happened to a lot of people yesterday while using Twitch.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Ok thanks for the reassurance. Every time something like that happens it makes me paranoid because of the new hardware.

Hopefully it will just be short term.

You can unsnap and it'll still broadcast you just can't view the chat

omg its even better now

Thank you Microsoft n Titanfall is awesome. Hadn't had this fun since H3.

NeverlosefaithinMS

I just got my titanfall xbox one bundle and when I try to sign in so I can recover my gamertag I am getting "Check your home network" "there's a problem connecting to the sign in service..." HALP

OK i just shut it off and turned it back on TWICE and now it works lol

It seems the problems with the X1 are not Titanfalls fault.

http://m.ca.ign.com/articles/2014/03/11/xbox-ones-live-core-services-limited-not-titanfalls-fault

Sounded like MS was trying to take off some of the heat titanfall was getting if you ask me, they didn't even identify what the problem was so how the hell do they know what was the cause?

Irregardless though it is unfortunate, I mean the XB1 has had a lot of bad publicity surrounding it and it and titanfall looked like it had the potential to change the narrative, oh well hopefully they fix these issues sooner than later.

So Titinafall isn't that selling that well I heard? Or at least commenters make it seem that way.

Also X1 is getting a price drop somewhere in UK or something. Looks like they need all the help they can get I guess?

So Titinafall isn't that selling that well I heard? Or at least commenters make it seem that way.

Also X1 is getting a price drop somewhere in UK or something. Looks like they need all the help they can get I guess?

How can you or someone know this when the game has been out less than 48 hours.

How can you or someone know this when the game has been out less than 48 hours.

When it's your job to find out the numbers im sure you have your sources. We found out that the PS4 sold out in 24 hours so.

I'm also hearing it's not that great of a game. People like it, but nothing special. These are just comments on IGN though, so nothing relevant. But apparently this game hasn't seen a 10 yet. I have bothered to look because I'm sure I'll see it eventually.

To be honest the ideal would be for Titanfall to fail and for H2A to succeed. Only because this could stop the cycle of constant casuals shooters being made and even maybe we could see some Halo clones. I doubt it, but it would be nice.

Oh and the next CoD would have to fail as well.

The point of my post is that I'd like to see Halo shine again and I'm being negged on a Halo forum.. Wtf.. Lol

• Downvote (-1) 4

When it's your job to find out the numbers im sure you have your sources. We found out that the PS4 sold out in 24 hours so.

I'm also hearing it's not that great of a game. People like it, but nothing special. These are just comments on IGN though, so nothing relevant. But apparently this game hasn't seen a 10 yet. I have bothered to look because I'm sure I'll see it eventually.

To be honest the ideal would be for Titanfall to fail and for H2A to succeed. Only because this could stop the cycle of constant casuals shooters being made and even maybe we could see some Halo clones. I doubt it, but it would be nice.

Oh and the next CoD would have to fail as well.

Wishing for the demise of other games/communities isn't very nice, in fact it just opens up more room for far worse titles to emerge.

At this point I would prefer it if halo died, that way my good memories won't be corrupted by garbage, however if I did want halo to succeed I wouldn't want it to step over the corpses of other games to do so, theirs room for many good games :)

Wishing for the demise of other games/communities isn't very nice, in fact it just opens up more room for far worse titles to emerge.

At this point I would prefer it if halo died, that way my good memories won't be corrupted by garbage, however if I did want halo to succeed I wouldn't want it to step over the corpses of other games to do so, theirs room for many good games :)

Our world has gone so soft where even hoping a game does poor is a no no.

I'm just saying id rather Halo come back than these constant casual experiences. When's the last time we got a solid competitive shooter?

And no why would you rather have Halo die if it's going to be good again? Do you not read my entire posts or something?

Yes there's room for worse titles, but there's no room for any other titles at all because of the constants CoDs being released every year so is rather there be room than no room.

And no, ATM both worlds can not coexist while is the casual Wolrd that's on top hence why we have a billion CoDs, Reach and H4.

Once Halo can back to the top then fine let there be Titanfall, but Hall needs to come first and that won't happen till we see some success from a more classic style Halo which is why can't see Titanfall and CoD sell crazy everytime.

Our world has gone so soft where even hoping a game does poor is a no no.

I'm just saying id rather Halo come back than these constant casual experiences. When's the last time we got a solid competitive shooter?

And no why would you rather have Halo die if it's going to be good again? Do you not read my entire posts or something?

Yes there's room for worse titles, but there's no room for any other titles at all because of the constants CoDs being released every year so is rather there be room than no room.

And no, ATM both worlds can not coexist while is the casual Wolrd that's on top hence why we have a billion CoDs, Reach and H4.

Once Halo can back to the top then fine let there be Titanfall, but Hall needs to come first and that won't happen till we see some success from a more classic style Halo which is why can't see Titanfall and CoD sell crazy everytime.

Did you call me soft? I'm hard, my girlfriend says so :kappa:

The fact we're so excited over a REMAKE says something, not only does it show distaste for way halo has been going it also shows how low expectations are at the moment, we should expect them to make games better not worse (or in this case the same).

This idea that their can be only one is just silly, I don't care much for COD or most of the games on the market to be honest but to wish for their immenent destruction is a little screwed up, I would like halo to be on top but I want it to DESERVE being #1 and not win by default.

Did you call me soft? I'm hard, my girlfriend says so :kappa:

The fact we're so excited over a REMAKE says something, not only does it show distaste for way halo has been going it also shows how low expectations are at the moment, we should expect them to make games better not worse (or in this case the same).

This idea that their can be only one is just silly, I don't care much for COD or most of the games on the market to be honest but to wish for their immenent destruction is a little screwed up, I would like halo to be on top but I want it to DESERVE being #1 and not win by default.

Well like Obi Wan Kenobi H2A is our only hope.

The reason why we need H2A is to show MSFT and 343i that people still want classic Halo. It's a less of risk for MSFT and 343i as well to test out the waters before making H5 a similar experience.

Not that screwed up. I want CoD to eventually die down because it has plagued the FPS genre. No game really has a chance to shine because they keep coming out with a game very year so other dev teams only options are try to copy that success with the same type of a game hence all the CoD clones out there. It would be different if they released a CoD every 3 years, but they don't, they do it every year which gives no room for other shooters cause everyone's buying the new CoD. So what's more fucked up? Activisions devastating business model or me wanting CoD to slowly die down so other games can get a chance?

It has nothing to do with DESERVING #1. Not when CoD is coming out every year. And and you'll see a new shooter here and there, but end up looking and feeling like another CoD(I.E Titanfall, Crysis, Medal of Honour, etc.).

Activision dominated, they took advantage of bunch of suckers. Now the only thing to how for is for some CoD players to move over to Titanfall, some go to Destiny, hopefully H2A can be a success and I think we have a decent genre again.