CyReN

Xbox One Discussion

Trust me, as soon as the PS4 launches in Japan, it's going to absolutely destroy the numbers.

To the casual gamer, most people I've talked have said they don't want PS4 because it's a PlayStation, they want to keep their progress from Xbox, or they don't want to wait for a PS4 to be in stock.

While subjective, over the next year, XBO definitely has better exclusives, and we'll see if the PS4 being 100 dollars cheaper will actually make a difference, as well as having the overall popular opinion.

Same thing goes for me, but in the opposite direction. All my friends are getting PS4s. From the main group of friends to the ones I see only on weekends. Some of then are getting both and they started on the 360.

As for the "XBO definitely has better exclusives next year". Your pretty much just talking about Titanfall and H5 right?

Same thing goes for me, but in the opposite direction. All my friends are getting PS4s. From the main group of friends to the ones I see only on weekends. Some of then are getting both and they started on the 360.

As for the "XBO definitely has better exclusives next year". Your pretty much just talking about Titanfall and H5 right?

Titanfall, Sunset Overdrive, Halo, yes. 

PS4 has The Order, Infamous, that new Uncharted game I don't care about. 

And it has Bungie/Sony/Activision's preference for Destiny in terms of optimization and dedication.

Tbh both consoles are ass until spring/summer time. And the only game I know that's exclusive that people care about is TF which I'm not going to buy a console for

Titanfall, Sunset Overdrive, Halo, yes.

PS4 has The Order, Infamous, that new Uncharted game I don't care about.

And it has Bungie/Sony/Activision's preference for Destiny in terms of optimization and dedication.

Sunset Overdrive doesn't even have a release window yet does it? I've heard nothing about that game. I've heard more about The Order than that game.

Did you hear that the devs said the graphics will surpass the trailers graphics? I didn't know that was possible.

About to go out and buy an xbox one, can't believe the price I'm paying for it.... was going to wait until Feb but I just want one! Been reading some of the issues with it, sounds like a lot of them can easily be fixed with an update and I hope they are. 

I know that the Playstation is more popular here in the UK, although they have no idea what it offers them yet they still argue that xbox sucks....

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

About to go out and buy an xbox one, can't believe the price I'm paying for it.... was going to wait until Feb but I just want one! Been reading some of the issues with it, sounds like a lot of them can easily be fixed with an update and I hope they are. 

I know that the Playstation is more popular here in the UK, although they have no idea what it offers them yet they still argue that xbox sucks....

Yet you can't argue why the xbox is inherently better? I think $100 off is a good start for the ps4. What about better hardware, which will allow for higher resolutions in the future and present? Oh yeah the ps4 has that too. What about a better controller? This is not an opinion by the way, the ps4 simply has the better controller. (3rd party mic support, touch bad, the ability to play sound through the mic port (You can plug headphones into the controller and hear voice and game sound) and a speaker in the controller.

Yeah think there are a couple more reasons it is popular...

• Downvote (-1) 3

Yet you can't argue why the xbox is inherently better? I think $100 off is a good start for the ps4. What about better hardware, which will allow for higher resolutions in the future and present? Oh yeah the ps4 has that too. What about a better controller? This is not an opinion by the way, the ps4 simply has the better controller. (3rd party mic support, touch bad, the ability to play sound through the mic port (You can plug headphones into the controller and hear voice and game sound) and a speaker in the controller.

Yeah think there are a couple more reasons it is popular...

Calm down, 

'I know that the Playstation is more popular here in the UK, a lot of my friends are in favour of the PS4 although they have no idea what it offers them yet they still argue that xbox sucks....

I was meant to write^ in the sentence, guess I didn't. I must have touched a nerve.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Calm down, 

'I know that the Playstation is more popular here in the UK, a lot of my friends are in favour of the PS4 although they have no idea what it offers them yet they still argue that xbox sucks....

I was meant to write^ in the sentence, guess I didn't. I must have touched a nerve.

Yet you are still buying an xbox? If they own the system, they know what it offers them....

• Downvote (-1) 3

You must really hate the xbox because I sure as hell touched a nerve

I actually am still a huge Microsoft fan. I owned the xbox on launch day, multiple 360s (3 to 4), and obviously played Halo more than any game I have ever played. I did own a Ps1 (years after it came out), and same for the Ps2. I never appreciated the Ps3 and thought it was an inferior system to the 360 mainly in part to xbox live. Now that the online subscriptions are equal/comparable I am not too dense to realize that this generation Sony came out on top. By saying that you are hitting a nerve you are still not addressing my question? I get the concept behind the tactic, but it really doesn't make sense if you just keep repeating yourself. XboxOne users are putting all their faith in two titles, Titanfall (which is also releasing on the PC/360, I will be getting it on the PC and running it at a much higher quality btw) and Halo 5. I don't need to remind you that the Halo series has yet to have a good game in 8 years, and have slowly been going down hill since Halo 3 (which is arguably worse than Halo 2). So instead of saying you hurt my feelings, how about you justify your statements with some actual facts and or opinions. I understand that some people tend to like the genre of games Microsoft releases, but what they are really saying is I like Halo, and hopefully this new IP that no one has played.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 3

I didn't come in here for a debate, I'm tired of seeing Ps4 vs Xbox one debates, I do respect your opinion which you just posted tho. 

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I didn't come in here for a debate, I'm tired of seeing Ps4 vs Xbox one debates, I respect your opinion which you just posted. 

This was probably the best thing you can do. It is okay that you don't have an argument, have fun spending your monopoly Hogwarts money on the inferior system. 

swish-o.gif

• Downvote (-1) 2

Hope you sleep well tonight

Hopefully Voldemort doesn't attack. Listen the reason I have any problem with your post is that you are giant hypocrite. You talk about how your "friends" blindly talk shit on the xbone, and that they have no idea what the Ps4 does for them. YOU DON'T OWN EITHER! You are not even able to make an opinion on either of them. You are not okay with them defending the ps4, yet you are not willing to defend the xbone? I have given you SEVERAL reasons why, in my humble opinion, the Ps4 is the superior console. My opinions are more solidified when the Ps4 is outselling the xbone in every single market. 

HXZ25aE.gif

• Downvote (-1) 3

Each system offers slight advantages over the other but realistically they both get murdered by PC's.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Each system offers slight advantages over the other but realistically they both get murdered by PC's.

I will be gaming TitanFall on...

netbook-hello-kitty-medion.jpg

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Cause all of my friends have PS4s aside from my competitive CoD friends, I'll probably end up getting Titanfall on both PC and XBO, unfortunately. I mainly got my PS4 for Destiny, and there are some good games coming up like The Order, Infamous, and I hope to god Insomniac makes another Ratchet and Clank.

And yeah, XBO owners really have faith in 2, maybe 3 titles right now, at least for console FPS. Titanfall, Halo, and the next CoD, which, to my knowledge, is unknown if it's being developed by Treyarch or if Sledgehammer Games was doing their own CoD. 

PS4 is definitely dominating every market, and will be in the lead for quite some time. Unless TF and Halo 5 really capture that addictive essence that Halo 1/2/3 had, XBO will be in trouble. 

The best thing that 343i can do right now, is during their E3 reveal, show the line "Refined Classical Multiplayer Experience" and show a spartan getting descoped mid multiplayer match.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Isn't Insomniac done working with Sony?

don't know if the studio is completely done with sony, but sunset overdrive being an xbone exclusive would certainly hint at that.

The way I see it, is if you're about games and you bought a Ps4 you will not be disappointed and if anything you will come to Sony because of PS+ and all the games Sont offers. If you strictly play online X1 is probably better for you since you'll probably only be playing a few games a year. If you play both online and other games again I'd say get the PS4, the console is faster, has stronger hardware and has PS+ with awesome sales. NHL 14 which is a $60 game is $15 right now if you have PS+. That's not the only game either that's on sale lol.

But if you don't care about that for some reason and would prefer to spend $60 on every game and you're a big MP player then X1 is for you.

Yes PCs CAN be more powerful, but they're also more expensive and the games aren't being fully optimized for your specific piece of hardware. That's why games like The Last of Us are able to look so good on 7 year old hardware. I don't remember games looking that good 7 years ago on PC unless you had a $3000 PC.

I don't consider PC to be the master race because they miss out on a lot of good games while console gamers get to play all the beautiful console exclusives. I wouldn't have ever been able to play inFamous or The Last of Us if I was only a PC gamer, but I definitely could play Portal 1&2 and CS: GO(although I'll admit keyboard/mouse is the way to go for CS).

WTF did I read

PCs at 800$ look better than anything available on next gen. They are using 2010 hardware. The reason to buy consoles is to have games not available on PC/ preference of a console.

All consoles have good exclusives

Halo, Titanfall (console exclusive), Sunset Overdrive.

Uncharted/TLOU

I'll always say Xbox is better for Multiplayer but I loved PS3 for single player games.

• Upvote (+1) 2

WTF did I read

PCs at 800$ look better than anything available on next gen. They are using 2010 hardware. The reason to buy consoles is to have games not available on PC/ preference of a console.

All consoles have good exclusives

Halo, Titanfall (console exclusive), Sunset Overdrive.

Uncharted/TLOU

I'll always say Xbox is better for Multiplayer but I loved PS3 for single player games.

I don't know what you read. Cause if you're talking about my post you're argument completely missed my point. I talk about how the ps3 is old hardware, but still looks really good since the games are being fully optimized for that specific hardware and then you talk about how a $800 PC looks better than the next gen. Which isn't %100 true. But whatever, that's a different argument. The point is you buy a console and that hardware will hold up for the next 7 years while you're $400 PC will need to be upgraded for next year.

I only use PC gaming for the indie titles. As for "super duper awesome graphics", I could honestly care less. Any shooter I play with great graphics, I always put it on the lowest settings (even if I can run ultra) so I have the highest FPS possible. I can't stand playing a game and knowing I can get better FPS with a click of a few options. Graphics on most high-budget titles are so good now, I just don't care what improvements they make anymore. It's going to look good regardless if it looks the same or if it's improved. Ever since Gears of War, graphics have reached a peak of satisfaction for me.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I only use PC gaming for the indie titles. As for "super duper awesome graphics", I could honestly care less. Any shooter I play with great graphics, I always put it on the lowest settings (even if I can run ultra) so I have the highest FPS possible. I can't stand playing a game and knowing I can get better FPS with a click of a few options. Graphics on most high-budget titles are so good now, I just don't care what improvements they make anymore. It's going to look good regardless if it looks the same or if it's improved. Ever since Gears of War, graphics have reached a peak of satisfaction for me.

Do you only play MP? Cause I think single player graphics are important. It's not the most important thing, but it definitely helps the experience..depending on the game.