Joseph

OT of Forge | What Are You Working On?

How does it work?

Sadly it does not work at all. 343 said they wanted forge maps and a lot of forgers started creating forge maps for competitive play.

They tested them but it was to close to an event to refine them in any way so they just never used forge maps in H2A at all and sticked with the 3 disk maps...

Sadly it does not work at all. 343 said they wanted forge maps and a lot of forgers started creating forge maps for competitive play.

They tested them but it was to close to an event to refine them in any way so they just never used forge maps in H2A at all and sticked with the 3 disk maps...

I don't think they said anywhere that they wouldn't be using forge maps in the HCS. I believe they just didn't end up doing it because the no one liked what was made actually. 

I don't think they said anywhere that they wouldn't be using forge maps in the HCS. I believe they just didn't end up doing it because the no one liked what was made actually. 

Believe me don't waste your time. If you like to forge and design maps then do as you please, if you are forging a map solely for it to be used in the HCS for H2A then you are wasting your time. 343 has zero communication with forgers, the pro's don't even want forge maps anymore at this point. 

For Eden, some pro's liked it, some were okay with it and some hated it. However the negative experience was mostly caused due to spawns and the changing weapon layout. 343 changed my weapon layout and used wrong versions in online tournaments. They have ZERO communication in regard to forgers and their maps. They never even told me what was wrong with the map, I improved the map based on what I thought was wrong with the map and when I improved it they never bothered to respond or anything. 

TL;DR: DO NOT WASTE YOUR TIME FORGING FOR H2A. 

• Upvote (+1) 3

Not to mention, the last H2A HCS event is in 3 days.  Even if you created the greatest map ever, there's literally not enough time to add a map at this point (and that's not even taking into account the fact that the players need time to scrim on the maps/gametypes used in tournaments).

If you're looking for another map to play with your friends, go for it.  If your only goal is to create a map that will be used in HCS tournaments, you're wasting your time.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Believe me don't waste your time. If you like to forge and design maps then do as you please, if you are forging a map solely for it to be used in the HCS for H2A then you are wasting your time. 343 has zero communication with forgers, the pro's don't even want forge maps anymore at this point. 

For Eden, some pro's liked it, some were okay with it and some hated it. However the negative experience was mostly caused due to spawns and the changing weapon layout. 343 changed my weapon layout and used wrong versions in online tournaments. They have ZERO communication in regard to forgers and their maps. They never even told me what was wrong with the map, I improved the map based on what I thought was wrong with the map and when I improved it they never bothered to respond or anything. 

TL;DR: DO NOT WASTE YOUR TIME FORGING FOR H2A. 

I live in Australia mate! We still have events. It probably won't end up on HCS officially but on my own circuit, potentially. Could be good, I don't want to play the same maps over and over.  

Not to mention, the last H2A HCS event is in 3 days.  Even if you created the greatest map ever, there's literally not enough time to add a map at this point (and that's not even taking into account the fact that the players need time to scrim on the maps/gametypes used in tournaments).

If you're looking for another map to play with your friends, go for it.  If your only goal is to create a map that will be used in HCS tournaments, you're wasting your time.

Really the last event? Wonder what the pros are going to be doing in the mean time. 

So....

when are we gonna see Halo 5 Forge stuff? 

I'm guessing mid September...maybe.  Typically not much forge info has been given prior to launch, so I have low expectations.

I'm guessing mid September...maybe.  Typically not much forge info has been given prior to launch, so I have low expectations.

Pax is coming up though. That's the best time to show a demo. 

Pax is coming up though. That's the best time to show a demo. 

Yeah, I wouldn't be surprised if there was some info given out at Pax.  But still, I expect it to be something like the RTX Halo 4 Forge reveal, where they give out very little actual info.

If anyone's interested, I've been streaming some concept sketching on Twitch 

edit: Stream's over. Spoils for today. The layout isn't official because I don't know what terrain is in H5 yet. 

NV19k6r.jpg

• Upvote (+1) 5

Anyone know of any good FFA maps? Preferably no power weapons & symmetrical - aka Midship :p

This is for H2A btw

If anyone's interested, I've been streaming some concept sketching on Twitch 

edit: Stream's over. Spoils for today. The layout isn't official because I don't know what terrain is in H5 yet. 

NV19k6r.jpg

Awesome

edit: btw whats the link to your twitch just so I can watch if you ever do it again

It sounds to me you have taken a long time to compose that speech. You seem to have made great maps though. Hopefully Halo 5 is a game that's worth it.