Joseph

OT of Forge | What Are You Working On?

also is anyone here familiar with exhibit from h1.5?

This is what Hangout from Halo 3 wanted to be I believe.

I'll give you guys one try to figure out what map this is.

Jx1OoZQ.jpg

C'mon. Lemme hear it. ;)

Midship

• Upvote (+1) 7

Jx1OoZQ.jpg

C'mon. Lemme hear it. ;)

With TMCC little over a month away, is this really a worthwhile endeavor? Why remake it when we can play Chill Out? :saucey:

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

With TMCC little over a month away, is this really a worthwhile endeavor? Why remake it when we can play Chill Out? :saucey:

I think H2A could use it. It's definitely a good map to try, and can easily be put as an extra Forge map for the H2A Playlist(s). I'm just practicing creating it so I can dish it out again come November.

Jx1OoZQ.jpg

C'mon. Lemme hear it. ;)

Anyone worth their :salt: is gonna know what that is...

But it looks like a fantastic remake; Best I've seen yet. I especially like the fact that it uses the water/fog around the islands for the ground floor. It's amazing to me that none of the remakes I've seen thus far have thought it that, since it's such a widely known trick.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I think H2A could use it. It's definitely a good map to try, and can easily be put as an extra Forge map for the H2A Playlist(s). I'm just practicing creating it so I can dish it out again come November.

Word of advice: avoid using colosseum walls for floors, unless you use a similar trick that I do to make them blend better/look more consistent.

In other words: you're gonna have to fill in those dips in the walls with block pieces, lest you just have random water laying around for no reason lol.

Word of advice: avoid using colosseum walls for floors, unless you use a similar trick that I do to make them blend better/look more consistent.

In other words: you're gonna have to fill in those dips in the walls with block pieces, lest you just have random water laying around for no reason lol.

In other words, don't effing use them!

They're alright if you're only using a portion of them, such as the all white bit...

In other news, Midship is annoying to forge and attempt to maintain accuracy to the original.

Here's another screenshot of the Chill-Out remake. If people are interested in playing it, I'll make a thread about it.

tEhvVSK.jpg

• Upvote (+1) 1

In other words, don't effing use them!

They're alright if you're only using a portion of them, such as the all white bit...

In other news, Midship is annoying to forge and attempt to maintain accuracy to the original.

No you can definitely use them. I'll upload my current work-in-progress map and you can see the very bottom floor (which is actually the floor to a very deep pit) is constructed in such a way that they're consistent. It's just a pain to organize them that way and have zero texture/z-battling issues. It's worth it if done right, though. Especially if you're running low on block pieces (or foresee needing a lot of them in the future).

• Upvote (+1) 1

Here's another screenshot of the Chill-Out remake. If people are interested in playing it, I'll make a thread about it.

tEhvVSK.jpg

Throw it up in your file share or something. If I get on tonight, I'll check it out with you, or on my own if you're not available.

Throw it up in your file share or something. If I get on tonight, I'll check it out with you, or on my own if you're not available.

My GT is "UEG S0UL FLAME." The 'O' is a zero. It works for Slayer, Hill, and Oddball.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Thanks Cyren, now let's keep this clean guys. I am expecting lots and lots of screenshots of WiP's of you all once MCC had dropped.

I won't be able to get my hands on an xbone/mcc so I am really looking forward to all the maps you guys are going to create!

• Upvote (+1) 1

Thanks for the reopening, Cyren. Hopefully lots of original ideas will flood this area. No offense to those who want to remake things. ;)

• Upvote (+1) 3

Thanks for the reopening, Cyren. Hopefully lots of original ideas will flood this area. No offense to those who want to remake things. ;)

shamelessly remaking zealot in mcc

eat my shorts :^))) lmao

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I was hyped for Forge h2a... Now in light of what we are hearing may be in h5 I really wonder if I should just walk away now and call it an era?

Stick around for H2A... If worst comes to worst then it will outlast H5. H2A is worth sticking around for regardless of how good or bad H5 is gonna be... seriously...

:weback:

H2A Forge looks sexy, I'm liking the scope and possibilities that video brought to mind.  Now, I'll finally be able to forge my dream castle map.  :D