Joseph

OT of Forge | What Are You Working On?

If Halo 2 Anniversary does come out... and they include a Forge Mode... I wonder if any of us will get back on the scene? I know it's a longshot but I'd love to forge maps again for Halo 2. No sprint, no AA's, no equipment, just power weapons and power ups.

Oh how I long for a Halo game where I'd rather play than forge.

If we get a Halo 2 remake that's true to the original, I don't plan to spend a single second forging (assuming forge is included).  I'll spend all of my time getting slaughtered by mediocre players, and I'll enjoy it.

• Upvote (+1) 3

I don't plan to spend a single second forging (assuming forge is included).  I'll spend all of my time getting slaughtered by mediocre players, and I'll enjoy it.

Hahahahaha! Yeah that definitely is a probability.

If Halo 2 Anniversary does come out... and they include a Forge Mode... I wonder if any of us will get back on the scene? I know it's a longshot but I'd love to forge maps again for Halo 2. No sprint, no AA's, no equipment, just power weapons and power ups.

I don't know if I could forge a map small enough to accommodate Halo 2 play style... On a brighter note, imagine all the fresh Onslaught remakes we'll get to see.  B)

My answer to Onyx.

mid.jpg

onix_v2_by_kaitlynclinkscales-d4iyhkw_zp

lol

I think Onyx's biggest downfall was Carbine side vs Gold side, the two didn't seem to contrast/compliment each other enough.  Something to keep in mind.  Looks cool so far. 

Don't forget the trees...

• Upvote (+1) 2

I think Onyx's biggest downfall was Carbine side vs Gold side, the two didn't seem to contrast/compliment each other enough.  Something to keep in mind.  Looks cool so far. 

Don't forget the trees...

That's why P3 is back  :maven:

• Upvote (+1) 1

I am in the later midst of my map creation. Would anybody be willing to take a look at it with me? I need some ideas and criticism before I keep going on it. Thanks!

Why hello old friends, its been a long time. Hope everyone has been doing well. I've taken a much needed rest from Halo and hope some of you may spark my interest back into it. 

Anything new or exciting happen since June of last year? 

Why hello old friends, its been a long time. Hope everyone has been doing well. I've taken a much needed rest from Halo and hope some of you may spark my interest back into it. 

Anything new or exciting happen since June of last year? 

He's alive, HE'S ALIVE!!!!!!

Good to see you alive and kicking there N1tro.  :)  Man, has it really been that long?  Not many people forge these days, a handful still hold strong... Although, some pessimists will be quick to say that Halo is dad, I think the situation looks more like this.

1472004_1396997203881269_713164182_n_zps

• Upvote (+1) 1

He's alive, HE'S ALIVE!!!!!!

Good to see you alive and kicking there N1tro.  :)  Man, has it really been that long?  Not many people forge these days, a handful still hold strong... Although, some pessimists will be quick to say that Halo is dad, I think the situation looks more like this.

It has, built myself a PC last summer to learn some real editors. Along the way I learned there are far better tools than what we have here in forge. So the same arguments are happening I see, Sprint/No-sprint? 

I've missed those long nights forging with everyone, but I am afraid the mass of the forgers I used to know are long gone. 

BTW love the sig, still reppin it KCFO!

Destiny might come with a level editor, they were the ones that brought us the original forge.  If thats the case, we will have a blast!  If not, at least we know that H2A will come with a forge.  I mean...they can't afford not to.  I just hope they spice it up a bit.  I haven't forged anything lately...can't blame me either.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Destiny might come with a level editor, they were the ones that brought us the original forge.  If thats the case, we will have a blast!  If not, at least we know that H2A will come with a forge.  I mean...they can't afford not to.  I just hope they spice it up a bit.  I haven't forged anything lately...can't blame me either.

I wouldn't hold your breath for either of those

• Upvote (+1) 3

It has, built myself a PC last summer to learn some real editors. Along the way I learned there are far better tools than what we have here in forge. So the same arguments are happening I see, Sprint/No-sprint? 

I've missed those long nights forging with everyone, but I am afraid the mass of the forgers I used to know are long gone. 

I think a lot of forgers outgrew the limitations of forge, others might have just been frustrated with the game/population, same issues that have always been there... But yeah, same arguments still floating around.

To be honest, grabbing a real editor is probably the best bet if you wanna get serious about map creation, I don't think consoles will ever come out with an editor that will really satisfy all the elements that are required to fulfill a creators appetite.  Project Spark looks promising, but that seems more oriented to the environment as whole, then structure specifically.  My brother's been messing with the beta, but I haven't really been keeping up with the development.

I played with Murder Miners for a little bit (which is a blast), but what little you gain in creation, you lose in game-play.

I graduate in May, so my portfolio has all I've been thinking about these last couple months.  Not to say seeing people still dropping maps hasn't tempted me to jump in forge though.  :P

I do miss our forge testing lobbies.

Good times.  :)

• Upvote (+1) 3

I thought you were doing CS maps now or was that somebody else?

I think a lot of forgers outgrew the limitations of forge, others might have just been frustrated with the game/population, same issues that have always been there... But yeah, same arguments still floating around.

To be honest, grabbing a real editor is probably the best bet if you wanna get serious about map creation, I don't think consoles will ever come out with an editor that will really satisfy all the elements that are required to fulfill a creators appetite.  Project Spark looks promising, but that seems more oriented to the environment as whole, then structure specifically.  My brother's been messing with the beta, but I haven't really been keeping up with the development.

I played with Murder Miners for a little bit (which is a blast), but what little you gain in creation, you lose in game-play.

I graduate in May, so my portfolio has all I've been thinking about these last couple months.  Not to say seeing people still dropping maps hasn't tempted me to jump in forge though.  :P

I do miss our forge testing lobbies.

Good times.  :)

Ooooh nice, yea I got sometime before I graduate. Being a computer science major, has me going through some rough programming skills. As much I would like to do level design, college has taken the precedence of my time. Now I do fancy myself on Counter Strike a lot these days and the guys that make the maps over there are out of this world with their creations.

Hell maybe one day they will make a real editor, trust me, my heart will always be set on Halo. 

This summer, we should take the time and have a summer build off, take some "teams" and see what you're collaborated minds can do. I would honestly come back for that, of course if we can get the ENTIRE crew to agree on it.

I thought you were doing CS maps now or was that somebody else?

Yes, I did dabble in the Source editor. I worked on recreating Warholic's Sewers, and also messed with some of my original stuff. Nothing fancy, but learning the editor itself was a task on its own. It was definitely worth the time though, I will be taking a break this summer from school, who knows what I will try to crank out for both Halo and CS.

• Upvote (+1) 5

Sounds like a fun idea!
I nominate myself to be in charge of tree placement.  :)

Would be cool to see the gang back together again in full force.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I just posted my map Awaloa, and now focusing back on finishing a video to tell 343 what I want for Forge 5. I need to get a capture device before I can finish the video, but I still have about one page of narrative to work on before I get blocked, so maybe in a few weeks I should be in the mixing room finishing it up...

• Upvote (+1) 2

Composing a short (but epic) song for organ using the halo theme.

It will be played at Chief's funeral.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Nearly done with the BETA of Weekend At Didact's (2v2. And yes, that's the map name)

Much Forerunner. Very wow.
5ZgckFg.jpg

Why yes, the waterfall.
EMmFwA8.jpg

Dem windows
s4GQUdb.jpg

Why yes, a shield charging station.
m6clnuX.jpg

rqsuLZJ.jpg

All that's left will be expanding the map to fix the current spawning iffies.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Would be cool to see the gang back together again in full force.

Indeed it would

;)

• Upvote (+1) 1

I don't understand this discussion on asymmetry. If a map is only slightly asymmetric then it is symmetric for all intentions. A baseball field is an example of an asymmetric map. Sand trap, high ground, and zanzabar are asymmetric. Valhalla, isolation, and Longbow, as minor as they are in difference are symmetric.

Valhalla, isolation, and Longbow, as minor as they are in difference are symmetric.

c3d0981ae770f926eedf4eda7505b006.jpeg