Joseph

OT of Forge | What Are You Working On?

Thanks man.

So, who would I talk to about getting that invisible wall removed from the tin cup?

I feel our friends at 343/certain affinity are unaware of its existence and seeing as it's still our only option for small manicured patches of grass in our maps we should get this issue cleared up. ASAP!!!

EDIT:

6699F961-C771-4F8A-B005-F3B2ECE01319_zps

Haven't worked up the nerve to replace the tin cups yet, but I just went through and replaced some blocks because I was running low... Can't wait to start throwing trees everywhere.

@@KurtiZ here's my feedback:

Looking at your map it seems that the upper level will be too powerful and easy to hold. The area had lots of cover while the other side lacks a power position. Also the upper levels seem to have many forced entrances to make up for it, however I feel like that will work counterproductive.

Also the amount of using the objects as they are supposed to in your map has limited yourself and the map. The areas do not seem to be very well thought out, because of it.

My recommendations:

- Be more creative with the object usage.

- Add another upper level on the other side, creating a prisoner like feel to it.

- create more connectivity between these two levels, not only on the sides but also through the middle

Take this however you want though, I haven't forged in quite some time and do not have MCC.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Thanks man.

So, who would I talk to about getting that invisible wall removed from the tin cup?

I feel our friends at 343/certain affinity are unaware of its existence and seeing as it's still our only option for small manicured patches of grass in our maps we should get this issue cleared up. ASAP!!!

EDIT:

6699F961-C771-4F8A-B005-F3B2ECE01319_zps

Haven't worked up the nerve to replace the tin cups yet, but I just went through and replaced some blocks because I was running low... Can't wait to start throwing trees everywhere.

Which environment was this built on? I like the fact that the blocks looks more gray/concrete than that weird light brown colour. I'm assuming it was built on Awash, then?

So what is everyone's preferred environment / map to build on so far?

Obviously the theme of each map may dictate or at least influence which environment to use, but in general, which one does everyone prefer?

Lovin the stripes on the walls man

:)

Thanks Res

So what is everyone's preferred environment / map to build on so far?

Obviously the theme of each map may dictate or at least influence which environment to use, but in general, which one does everyone prefer?

I'm digging Skyward the most so far, the shadows are a bit softer than Awash. That environment feels like sunset which looks cool, but it can get pretty dark. Skyward feels like 3pm in the afternoon.

• Upvote (+1) 1

462BFA6E-84C6-4373-BE74-3D237E712DC5_zps

BC8E4829-6E6C-4A65-BFF2-DD4207D77498_zps

35BDDF4D-14C2-4B25-A3CD-13D3A25840DD_zps

Going to have to get creative because I only have one block left and I still need to fix top mid and add some minimalist roofing.

That's a very clean looking warm up map Clicked.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I need people who play customs to tests maps on my friends list.

Not for any of my maps I just want to play some games on some cool maps.

Add me: Alt 0191

Do offensive/defensive colours work in this game? They look so much better than the block colours.

What are off/def colors Tak?

39EF6DED-5026-49F6-919F-F2F9FE6BF40D_zps

05AF30A4-BE4E-413D-A971-955EB15E9AD5_zps

6E6827CE-F831-4819-95F9-152D0BAEEB1B_zps

Some more WIP pics, made top and bottom middle aligned with all three bases and focused on piece efficiency. Still got a great deal of work to do though.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Offense is blue (always the antagonist). Defense is always red. I think he is referring to team colors which in past titles renders a different boldness than just color selection.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Offense is blue (always the antagonist). Defense is always red. I think he is referring to team colors which in past titles renders a different boldness than just color selection.

Yes, but I remember in Reach I think they didn't render at all in specefic gametypes, specefically ones that didnt have an offending and defending team.

If you se the blocks to team colour and then set team to defender it looks WAY better than just setting the block colour to red.

Yes, but I remember in Reach I think they didn't render at all in specefic gametypes, specefically ones that didnt have an offending and defending team.

If you se the blocks to team colour and then set team to defender it looks WAY better than just setting the block colour to red.

I cannot say off hand which reach color was more vibrant (team color or straight color). I also don't know which game types break down respecting team color assignment. But I do know games like infection had blue team as zombies. The juggernaut was also blue.

I started working on an H2A remake of Construct.

Construct.jpg

I'm trying to make it as accurate as possible. Lifts are going to be my big hurdle but I'm going to tackle those last basically.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I started working on an H2A remake of Construct.

I'm trying to make it as accurate as possible. Lifts are going to be my big hurdle but I'm going to tackle those last basically.

The map would honestly play much better if it just had teleporters instead. Just gonna throw that out there.

Use respawn areas on Halo 3 to measure things. When measuring things at wacky angles just measure it's X and Y and use trig to figure out what the angle needs to be from there. Things might seem a little smaller than H2A (at least thats how H3->Reach worked) but you can get actual exact measurements. It seems off purely because H3 has a lower FOV angle. Unless they really screwed everything up respawn zones can't be rotated so you always have an exact right angle.

Well I am hard at work for the past few weeks on and off of my asymmetrical map. I have few more bugs to work out and need to find some to take some screen shots. But all in all I am very please on how it is turning out.

Well I am hard at work for the past few weeks on and off of my asymmetrical map. I have few more bugs to work out and need to find some to take some screen shots. But all in all I am very please on how it is turning out.

Need to find someone or some time to take screen shots? If you need to find someone, I can do it for you. I have an Intensity Extreme so I can take screenshots really easy. They'll be at a resolution of 1280 x 720. Let me know.

Need to find someone or some time to take screen shots? If you need to find someone, I can do it for you. I have an Intensity Extreme so I can take screenshots really easy. They'll be at a resolution of 1280 x 720. Let me know.

ya let me know when u can. I just need some screen shots of my three maps. I just have to finish touch ups in one and almost done with my asym

ya let me know when u can. I just need some screen shots of my three maps. I just have to finish touch ups in one and almost done with my asym

You could also do a short walkthrough on Twitch, watch the rebroadcast or do it live and take some screenshots on your pc. Easy as that.