Joseph

OT of Forge | What Are You Working On?

Frank O' connor stated that armor abilities weren't going to be in Halo 5, so that gives me some hope they'll improve forge too.

I'm sure they have gotten plenty of feedback about forge as well.

Not in the same they have with general approach to the game and good mechanics. You need to remember that the portion of the forge community that takes it seriously, in relation to the portion of simply competitive players, is miniscule. They'll have mostly received requests for boats and Elephants being introduced into forge, rather than sincere, sensible, useful and plausible suggestions.

Not in the same they have with general approach to the game and good mechanics. You need to remember that the portion of the forge community that takes it seriously, in relation to the portion of simply competitive players, is miniscule. They'll have mostly received requests for boats and Elephants being introduced into forge, rather than sincere, sensible, useful and plausible suggestions.

I don't agree. Halo 4 demonstrated that 343 tried to improve forge along some suggestions that the community offered. That's a fact. There were some missteps. But they clearly are listening.

I don't agree. Halo 4 demonstrated that 343 tried to improve forge along some suggestions that the community offered. That's a fact. There were some missteps. But they clearly are listening.

That's what I'm saying though. They're absolutely clueless about forge improvements because all they see is 11 year olds on Waypoint and their suggestions.

What did they improve exactly? The dynamic lighting that causes frame rate lag? Or the small amount of features that are only useful to people with little to no forge experience? We had so many suggestions that would benefit forge for everybody, but they were ignored. Fuck 343 until further notice.
  • Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

What did they improve exactly? The dynamic lighting that causes frame rate lag? Or the small amount of features that are only useful to people with little to no forge experience? We had so many suggestions that would benefit forge for everybody, but they were ignored. Fuck 343 until further notice.

Quite.

Yeah, so they fucked up Halo 4 for everybody, forgers included. Hopefully H5 will have the a better forge mode than previous games. If not, we're all done forging probably. Shit we already are done, unless H5 brings it back.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Can you do me a favor and point out what it was I said in my post that you quoted?

That's what I'm saying though. They're absolutely clueless about forge improvements because all they see is 11 year olds on Waypoint and their suggestions.

I tend to agree to a point. Some suggestions should never have been given a second thought like completely flat canvases. But some were good ideas like several different canvases with dramatically different ambiance. It was just implemented poorly, but a great concept that came from the community.

Another example is move away from forerunner themed palette to Spartan palette. Again a community suggestion that was implemented all wrong.

I don't see your claim that they are clueless about forge or that they only listen to eleven year olds as anything but hyperbola. But in truth I am at a loss to explain some of the things I saw.

In the end I would have preferred forge world and its canvas over anything in halo four but with magnets implemented.

Yeah, so they fucked up Halo 4 for everybody, forgers included. Hopefully H5 will have the a better forge mode than previous games. If not, we're all done forging probably. Shit we already are done, unless H5 brings it back.

Forge in MCC for me depends on two things:

1. How good or bad the gameplay is with H2A
  2. How much of the palette they allow on the H2A maps

I'm going to be optimistic and say there's a good chance Forgers will have a decent opportunity with H2A specifically. Even given the full palette it's doubtful they'll be used for competition but there's nothing stopping the creation of a decent 1v1 / 2v2 rotation with quasi H2 gameplay at it's core. Hell they might even go above and beyond creating a variant of the current forge maps that's compatible with H2A.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I think it's really weird how they're not including the Halo reach maps. Especially considering the anniversary map pack contains a bunch of the one's you'd like to see. They've got Beaver creek and Headlong for free for Halo 2. Why not use it?

It's funny as well, how I'd rather not play with the new aesthetics simply because of that toaster scope.

^ @Sarlin: Is it the Wall-E sniper you're speaking of?

iKPqUfO3Q7C9u.jpg

--------------------

The only good thing 343 did with forge was give us the ability to duplicate pieces in the same orientation. I can't think of anything else besides improvements to certain pieces (3x3 shorts, objects that previously had lights), and I guess Forge Island. Everything else was their attempt to be different and fail miserably, yet what they retained from Halo reach was the near-exact same object/money budget.

Honestly I want to believe they'll learn from their mistakes (not fully, but still to a great extent). I am optimistic about the Master Chief Collection, as well as the ditching of loadouts and AAs for Halo 5, but I understand that doesn't say enough about Forge. Though given that Halo is being made for a new console, featuring 60 fps, and the sheer fact that Halo 4's forge was basically nothing new (like Reach's was to H3's), it should be common sense for them to expand on Forge this time around (should).

As it stands, I am buying an Xbox One just for the Master Chief Collection, except probably not until a day or two after since it's too risky of an investment to not rely on users' opinions. Halo 5 will be a bonus if 343 continues to go in the right direction with it. I'm hoping these releases renew my passion for Halo I had during the times of H2/3, although that's a really high expectation.

Ready for some trenches?

trench.jpg

Rocks and tunnels. My two favorite things on maps. Do not dissapoint me.

I brought my xbox out to the countryside, so I might forge a new 1v1 map on Reach. If I get an awful lot of rain at least, that is.

here is my 4v4 version of trenches for action sack (WIP)

trhenches.jpg

Why so ca$ual?

no one want to comment my c4Su4L m4p?'?? ='(

It's no offense to you, but you are on a subforum that is for competitive forge maps, and is also pretty dead.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I sure hope so. More importantly, I hope I can fit an Xbox One, the MC collection, and 4 (3) controllers into my summer budget.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Korlash needs to release bam vben.

I will never release that map

without a good backstory.

However, the map should be ready tomorrow, and it will be a nice one.

competitive forge is pretty dead.

Understatement of the millenium.

Great, so 343 removed the "my screenshots" link from their website (or maybe hid it deeper within the site) even though they added it as a response to feedback. Good to know they're high.

I just can't believe their website is still like this. It's disheartening

Edit: Okay, I noticed it's still possible, with a mini scrollbar that's hardly even reliable