This topic serves as the hub of the Forge Forum. In this thread, you can:

-Post any updates, reveals, etc. of your projects
-Put up projects for adoption
-Discuss Forge-related topics that don't warrant a thread
-Gather people for lobbies
-Have occasional off-topic discussion

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 3

Since it's tradition for the Forge section to have a thread like this, I thought I'd post one.   

So forgers, what have you guys been working on?

Really just looking for some good, quality advice on map design. Therefore making multiple designs, trying out different things, haven't really got anywhere though :(

here you go, THC is where it's at, all the best maps come from there.

Hi haunted, how you doin? (the C++ gave it away)

EDIT: I would like to add THC is a great place to get help with forge and I am working on the forge forum here be good for availability. If you need any advice be sure to ask questions on both forums, I'm sure someone will be there to help.

you really think i'm this childish? thought you knew me better then this..

You never know, maybe its schnitzel for all I know. You guys always take things personally and flame others for it. besides, how'd you know this conversation was going on 10 mins after it started? Seems pretty fishy if you ask me

Saw your Certain Affinity shirt

Are you sucking up to them, or do you genuinely support their ideology?

It was just comfortable . . .

• Upvote (+1) 1

Working on a map on Forge Island that's inspired by Prisoner from Halo CE. Not going to be too much of a remake, just a map built off the idea. It's stacked 4 levels high and has an open middle area with long sight lines. There are a few hallways around the outer area of the map for isolated battles and covered movement but you can get around quicker with the walkways over the middle areas.

I'm going to be test running it tonight and tomorrow night, message me on XBL if you want to run some games! My gamertag is same as on here. 

Keep in mind it's unfinished which is why the bottom of the map looks empty in the first picture or two.

d2bd.jpg

pjuj.jpg

e92l.jpg

cmi6.jpg

6ab3.jpg

• Upvote (+1) 3

I will have to check BE Forge more often. I love to see maps inspired by CE maps.

Can't wait to see that map complete.

I'm ridiculously busy this summer, so I won't be as active as I used to be at THC, but once September rolls around I'll be here in full effect.

The feature videos on Beyond Entertainment was just one small initial step into the amount of attention and appreciation I want to bring to you guys. Of course, the THC Forge Forum was a good start, but obviously, I can't really continue that piece of work any more.

In the meantime, I'll be continuing the Forge Feature video series, and doing them more often, but I'll obviously need solid maps to feature so get to work n00bs.

And before any problems arise, our stance as for rules is keep it clean. No harassment, jabs, baiting, subtle insults, etc. This is Forge, not a middle school.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Which WAYWO is the right one? I saw a second one earlier, now I'm confused.

This one. Last night I chose to make a new one because the original one wasn't really guided much at all and it had gotten off to a pretty bad start with very questionable behavior.

So yea. I'm sure Cows doesn't mind considering we're pretty good friends and he'd understand why.

Also, if you'd like your original username I can delete the banned account and change yours to it. Let me know.

Sorry for the confusion.

In the meantime, I'll be continuing the Forge Feature video series, and doing them more often, but I'll obviously need solid maps to feature so get to work n00bs.

Why would you want to feature maps made by noobs?

lol

This one. Last night I chose to make a new one because the original one wasn't really guided much at all and it had gotten off to a pretty bad start with very questionable behavior.

So yea. I'm sure Cows doesn't mind considering we're pretty good friends and he'd understand why.

Also, if you'd like your original username I can delete the banned account and change yours to it. Let me know.

Sorry for the confusion.

No worries man. I'd appreciate it if you did that. I'll keep my troublesomeness to a minimum here btw. I know I'm on a short leash with you. :P

No worries man. I'd appreciate it if you did that. I'll keep my troublesomeness to a minimum here btw. I know I'm on a short leash with you. :P

Done, and to be honest everyone is on a short leash. We're very serious as a staff about keeping our forums a welcoming and friendly place.

If that means we have to hold literally everyone's hands, then we're down to do that.

Why would you want to feature maps made by noobs?

lol

Because all Forgers are n00bs under the rule of The Best Forger Alive.

So yeah as far as forge goes, this is what I have been working on with the HUGE help of Redemption and most of you guys in here. If I only reach the forging community to help give criticism on maps, I will consider it a success! I would love to see everyone from this section in the streams if you're available, to give feedback in the chat. Most of the time, the author will be in the game so I'm sure they'd like to hear all opinions. Here's a link to the episode 2 playlist :)

So yeah as far as forge goes, this is what I have been working on with the HUGE help of Redemption and most of you guys in here. If I only reach the forging community to help give criticism on maps, I will consider it a success! I would love to see everyone from this section in the streams if you're available, to give feedback in the chat. Most of the time, the author will be in the game so I'm sure they'd like to hear all opinions. Here's a link to the episode 2 playlist :)

What time and day do you stream?

SS, check PM.

Done sir, done.

What time and day do you stream?

Wednesdays at about 8 or 8:30 CST.

Wednesdays at about 8 or 8:30 CST.

Cool. I'll try to catch the next one. Only watched the youtube videos of episode two. Thanks for playing Select btw. Shame you guys didn't get a good game on it. :(

Cool. I'll try to catch the next one. Only watched the youtube videos of episode two. Thanks for playing Select btw. Shame you guys didn't get a good game on it. :(

Yeah, it was really a lot of fun! I get really frustrated sometimes when playing though, so that might have shined through :/  I really did enjoy it and I could see some great gameplay on that map with future updates :)