Sign in to follow this  
Jumprs

Rep abuse

I have seen over many months of forum lurking members being neg'd because of their opinion. When you are in red it should be because you are not contributing to the forum or are just a troll, not because you have an opinion. I have seen people offer opinion in a polite manner and they are cascaded with negative reps.

Examples: 

http://gyazo.com/01b45fa0bcf51f404bdde5f2a918910d

http://gyazo.com/2f978b3c97ad230fa9110b35d123c45f

http://gyazo.com/605febea95520279ef79d5d3c41cd7bf

These are just examples I have seen from today, there are many others.

Maybe I am incorrect on my perception of what the rep system should be, but I don't think these people should have to be in red because of their opinions.

• Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 15

Might as well change the title to "Neg me."

Why? This is exactly what I am talking about. You guys make this community look like trash. If any new member tries to provide insight and his own personal thoughts he is bashed.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 8

First post I couldn't even read.  The last two were horrible arguments in a vain attempt to defend terrible maps.  

The word "opinion" is used as a shield these days.  Oh, and it has nothing to do with being new, don't kid yourself.  

Annnnd you just generalized a whole forum after two posts.  Nice! 

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Why? This is exactly what I am talking about. You guys make this community look like trash. If any new member tries to provide insight and his own personal thoughts he is bashed.

Do me a favor, and ask yourself this question.

Does the rep system matter?

Now that you had a few seconds to think about it, what is your answer?

If your answer is "No" then you are correct. If your answer is ANYTHING else, you are now deemed a moron. Have a good day sir.

Make better posts. It is a fairly simple concept.

You're right, it really doesn't matter, but often people who are in the negatives aren't exactly "heard". But there is

usually a legit reason for them being there so I guess they shouldn't be.

Alright, thanks for the valuable discussion guys, rep doesn't matter. I'm not being sarcastic by the way, though this does sound really sarcastic. And before someone says "I think he was being sarcastic", I actually am not. It's kind of sad because this is looking like a huge troll from me.

Rep doesn't matter, it's the quality of your posts, and this was a bad one. Can someone lock/delete this? Thanks.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Yeah no problem bud.

This thread is now closed!!

No 1 cannpoast

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 2